Friday, March 17, 2023

Friday Art

Hi everyone. Happy Friday and Happy St. Patrick's Day if you celebrate. 

The first piece I am sharing today is a page for Valerie's Anything Goes challenge at Art Journal Journey. As it also has a face I am linking up to Nicole's Friday Face Off, and because it's Friday I am linking up to Gillena's   Friday Lunch Break.


I was playing around with various shades of green when I made this page. By this time of year I am really missing all the green outside as well as all the other outside colors. (Thankfully the sky  is always giving us some kind of color show).  I tend to start using a lot of green in my art to make up for the lack of it elsewhere . 

I  found this image of the lady in a magazine, and I liked her. She looked like she was dressed up to go out, or maybe even to have her portrait painted, so I framed her on some textured background. Then with all the green I got to thinking about St. Patrick's Day, so I die cut some Celtic designs and also added a few shamrock wooden ephemera to my page. 

I also have a tag to share for Valerie's Birds challenge at Tag Tuesday.


I used a couple of colors of acrylic paint for my background, as well as some crinkly  deli wrap that I was previously using as scrap paper to paint small images on. I used a white paint pen to make the jagged lines at the top and bottom, and then I added some magazine images as well as some bits and pieces off my work table.

That's all for me in this post. Have a great start to your weekend everyone. 











 

26 comments:

DVArtist said...

I love both of these pieces. The first one is so lovely. All that green is brilliant. Yes, she looks like she is going out. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a lovely day.

Gillena Cox said...

Wow nice art. Thanks for linking to Art For Fun Friday

Much💚love

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your journal page is awesome and is perfect for St. Patrick's Day, too. I love the focal image, the lovely "lass." Thanks for this great entry for Valerie's theme at AJJ. That tag is lovely. You put a lot into it, too.

Christine said...

Lovely page and tag! Happy St Paddy's!

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika! Love both of your creations today. The first one with the gorgeous girlie is lovely because there is so much green in it, very fitting for the Emerald Isle and St Patrick's day. And the tag is gorgeous, too, a great way to use up scraps. Thanks so much for linking your art to my challenge at AJJ! Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful and creative St Paddy's Day collage and other collage is delightful too ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days ~
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

R's Rue said...

So pretty.

LA Paylor said...

nice! I love the jane austen type woman amid the celtic symbols... the shadows and the composition. Had to look at both of them close up, buttons!
LeeAnna

Angie's Recipes said...

Beautiful pages! I love the apple green colour.

ashok said...

Lovely page

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Erika! I really like your page and tag. So happy for you that you can at least have some green in your art. Love that Celtic look border die cut and the design on your page, and using the deli paper on your tag was cool, it comes in handy for me as well as a creating surface. Hope your snowy weather goes away soon, though I know it will continue to "bless" you for a while longer. I'm enjoying our little cold weather patch even with the rain making it a bit bone-chilling, but thankful no snow. XOX

Michele said...

you've made a gorgeous journal page and a sweet tag! thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

Meggymay said...

Fantastic St Patricks page and great pages to see as I have been catching up on your posts. The photos from the estate walks all looked lovely, as well as those gorgeous skies and colours of the sunrise.
Yvonne xx

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Green, of course, is a lovely colour, and I can't think of anything more universal. The colours of flowers the world over are dramatically different from one location to another, but green leaves are common to them all. So we don't need an Irish Expat as an excuse to celebrate green. Let's rejoice in it every day! Hugs - David

Iris Flavia said...

To green! When I look to the left I see the bald trees (luckily to the right the flowers Ingo presented me with. I am with that lady - Go Green!

Rika said...

nice artwork!

kathyinozarks said...

Good afternoon, I am catching up on reading posts just now. Love your art especially your journal page-I really like that one.
Happy weekend Hugs Kathy

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful artwork and pretty Tag. Great ideas and color!!!
Happy day, hug Elke

Matilde said...

Lovely page and this tag as well 🥰 Have a nice weekend!

sirkkis said...

Your page has a beautiful green color with spring feel 💚 Here has been quite quite a winter feel still.
Have a nice time there over the big water😀

Sandra Wright. said...

Just so pretty.
Thank you for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday x

Divers and Sundry said...

We've been surrounded by spring green all month even though we have freeze warnings right now. My neighbor's pink dogwood tree is blooming as are the cherry trees at the park and the redbuds.

pinky said...

Great artwork Erika, loving your tag too. Spring really brings the best out in us all for sure. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous page, your lady does look dressed for something special. I love your colourful tag too. Let's hope Spring shows it's true colours soon. Hugs, Chrisx

Neet said...

I think your lady was very well to do in those days and probably had a a new Easter Bonnet which she was eager to show off and so decided to have her portrait done.
Do like your additions to the page, the Celtic design going across and the various shamrocks scattered here and there on the shades of emerald.
Utterly delightful.
Hugs, Neet xx

NatureFootstep said...

your first yellow piece looks so warm amd welcomming. Love it!