Friday, March 31, 2023

Wrapping Up March

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday to you. It's almost the weekend too. I hope you get to do something you enjoy this weekend.

And can you believe we're at the end of March? This month can feel like one of the longest months, but it seemed to fly by for me. (But as I wrote yesterday, the start of the month does seem like it was quite a while ago.) I must say it's been one of the most wintery Marches I remember in several years. Yesterday we were back to winter feeling temperatures, but today we are supposed to warm back up. I guess I can also say that March is one of the most fickle months too.

I'm back today with my final journal page for Valerie's Anything Goes challenge at Art Journal Journey. I really had fun making journal pages  wherever my fancy took me, and with our ongoing wintery weather, I made a lot of art during March. ❤

I'm getting ready for a short  trip to visit a friend, so my journal page today has a  travel theme. Vintage style travel that is.  I only wish I was going to see the pyramids right now; that would be really  adventurous. I am excited to go visit my friend down in North Carolina though, and even more excited we're taking a roadtrip for a few days to visit some places where I haven't been.


My Egypt page started with some inking and stamping my background paper. I just love this stamped image that looks like someone writing and doing a lot of crossing out. The map and the photo of the people on the camels came off of a piece of artist paper in the middle of an old Somerset Studio magazine. I also chopped up a couple of mummy sarcophagus playing cards for some other images. I used a die I have had for a very very long time but never opened to die cut the ankh and Horus the falcon. (And it was good to finally use it.)


Thank you Valerie for hosting and letting us play as we wanted this past month. As always, you are a wonderful host. And you inspired us all also.  And thank you everyone who joined us at Art Journal Journey. It was fun to see everyone's personal art inspirations and to see some artists who don't stop by as frequently.

And since there are some faces on my page, I am linking up to Nicole's  Friday Face Off. And since it is Friday, I am also linking up to Gillena's  Friday Art Lunch Break.

Have a great start to your weekend.




20 comments:

Tom said...

...I still pretty much stay at home, but I hope that you enjoy your trip and visit. Stay safe and well.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That is fantastic Egypt page !!! Great!!!
I wish you the last beautiful day of March,hug Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika, I love your adventurous Egypt page, really wonderful. I loved my visits to Egypt and to Israel, so much history and so many wonders to see. But I have never been to North Carolina, have fun there! Your dies for the Ankh and Horus are great - which firm are they from?
Thanks for all your wonderful support this month! Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

A trip to Egypt would be exciting. I'll have to daydream about traveling as I clean the house. I hope you get some good melting, but not flooding.

Jeanie said...

I'm with you. March always feels long but this time -- whew! Whipped by! Although I will say that today it is NOT going out like a lamb! We're headed to Chelsea to meet blogger Mae for lunch and it's not going to be a great day for walking around that cute little town!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm a homebody, but I enjoy virtual travel. I'd love to see Egypt in person, though.

Angie's Recipes said...

Can't believe that it's end of March...time really flies! The Egypt page looks beautiful, Erika.

hels said...

A travel theme is always fascinating. I might not like going a long way by plane or car, but think of the possibilities offered by train or ship. Exotic :)

carol l mckenna said...

What an awesome Egyptian collage page ~ Divine!


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

DVArtist said...

I love your Egyptian page. I wish I was going to NC too. My daughter and SIL live there. Plus I just like the area they live and it's warm there. LOL Thank you for joining FFO and have a very lovely day.

sirkkis said...

A nice Egypt page.
🌱 is not here yet 😐 nights have been very cold but sure it will come👍
Happy start to April my friend 💚 😘

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The first part of March was a blur for me. I was in a world unlike I normally am. March is a weird month with cold one day, freezing the next, and wearing sleeveless tops and shorts the next. No wonder everyone is confused by their weather. However, for you it was mostly all snow, snow, snow.

I have a friend, who, when she was 19, accompanied her father to see the Pyramids. I have seen photos of her on a camel in front of the Pyramids. I wish I had a copy of those photos. They remind me SO much of the focal image you shared today. This is a stunning final entry using Valerie's theme at AJJ. I am delighted you shared it wit us, dear.

Christine said...

Lovely page!

craftytrog said...

Great page Erika!
Have a lovely trip.
Alison

Carola Bartz said...

I also feel like March just flew by! I think that is a sure sign we're getting old!
Your page is beautiful and brought back memories of my travel to Egypt that was many years ago. It's a fascinating country, not only the "old stuff".
Enjoy your trip to NC - I always enjoy road trips.

Aimeslee Winans said...

On the road again, as Willie Nelson would say lol. I know you are excited and will take photos, best wishes for fun and safe travels. Your last journal page for March is fabulous. Love your background inking, so much sand there. I have never ever even seen those dies before! Glad you got to use them. Yes, I really appreciated the Anything Goes at AJJ this month. I got 3 spreads/6 pages done! All whilst I've been working away on my May pages (wink!) and the usual load of cardmaking. I think I'm proudest of the last page I posted today. I did not know where I was gonna go with it decoration-wise. It was a lot of let's try this's, so actually thankful it turned out looking good, heehee. XOX

LA Paylor said...

whee! love your new header!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Believe it or not, my shopaholic friend Kathy paid $6.99 for the bottle of Crafter's Pick she gave me. She had a small amount left and I have used it sparingly for several years. As you saw, this was $5.49, and cheaper than what Kathy paid probably five or six years ago. I don't think your matte medium was mis-marked. I was surprised, too!!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic art. I love this.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

So all of your pages have been good. I love this one because, like you, I would love to go visit the pyramids (it isn't on my bucket list because that part of the world can be dangerous and I don't do dangerous) but a visit with a friend and going places I haven't been sounds just as good. I am hoping you will come back with pictures to share, right? Good and safe travels, Erika ...

Andrea @ From the Sol