Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Green

 Hi everyone. Happy Tuesday.  And happy March also to those of you that I only visit through the Try It On Tuesday challenge blog.

It's already time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday. Thank you to everyone who shared their art for our Let's Get Messy challenge.

 I also want to welcome  Helen  back to our design team. I've missed seeing your  snarky and fun art so I'm glad you're back.

Our newest challenge is all about 2 of my favorite things: the color green or reusing items in your art. Our new theme is

Go Green


I used green and also did a bit of recycling in my art journal page. I started by recycling some Japanese book pages. I used matte medium to glue them onto my watercolor paper. Then I painted my background green, and finally added some darker green painted strips of deli paper. I had used that deli paper  as scrap paper to work on. Once that deli paper was well used, I decided to take the parts I liked and add them to some journal pages. Then I splattered white paint on my page.

The Japanese image is by Lynne Perrella for Paper Artsy. I stamped and colored it before cutting it out and adding it onto my page. Before I added it I made a border with some stamped flowers and also with a couple of bunny stamps.  Finally I stamped the happiness image (a real oldie from Hero Arts) 3 times, and then I added the die cut cranes and also the die cut letter symbol.

We love all kinds of art at Try It On Tuesday, and you have 2 weeks to link up. I hope you'll Go Green and join us. 
And please don't forget to check out all wonderful art our design team has shared also. 

I am also linking my page up to Valerie's Anything Goes challenge at Art Journal Journey. Please keep in mind  that Art Journal Journey an art journaling challenge and NO CARDS are accepted.

Thanks for visiting my blog.





20 comments:

Helen said...

Thanks Erika!!!! LOVE your background to this beautiful art journal page! The mage is gorgeous!!! (Glad to be back!!).. ((HUGS)) Helen

Angie's Recipes said...

This is really beautiful. Green and black come together so perfectly.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Go green is a wonderful theme. Think Environmental Green, the re-greening of urban wastelands, the green of meadows in spring, the lustrous green of pine needles, duckweed on a pond in summer - maybe even the green of your guacamole to go with your margarita. That might even make people green with envy! Hugs - David

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is a beautiful, spring-like journal with a touch of green
Happy March day, hug Elke

Jeanie said...

I love this, Erika. It is spring.

Viv said...

Loved this when I saw it on the DT blog Erika. A perfect combination of recycling, colouring and stamping. I love Asian themes too so this is right up my street! x

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, this wonderful. One day early for me, though. I will show tomorrow for Tom, thank you for the input!

Christine said...

Lovely Green!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous journal page Erika, love the green, so fresh and vibrant! Thanks so much for linking to my challenge at AJJ, TOO. HUGS, Valerie

Pia S said...

It's an awesome background, looking textured and in different shades of green. Bunnies, I didn't see them for a while and it was only after I read they were there, but so cool when I spotted them! Lots of beautiful detailing:)

kwarkito said...

I like this work. It's beautiful and original

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This speaks spring to me. Green grass, greenery all work so well together. Thanks for this page you also shared with AJJ using Valerie's theme, too.

Hels said...

I am with David. Think the re-greening of urban wastelands, the green of meadows in spring and trees/shrubs in the gardens bursting forth with leaves.

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page and great recycling using the papers. The green colours are super and I loved all the added images.
Yvonne xx
I am enjoying a usual catch up today.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Such a pretty green background! I've a stamp set that is similar, 9 different poses. XOX

Joan said...

Love your page Erika, everything from the colours to the lovely image works so beautifully together


Joan x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Erika, this is a fabulous page, I love the main image and the background looks amazing with those cranes flying up! A great page for AJJ too, hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

That's a beautiful page Erika. I love the green background.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love those flying cranes. Great background.

Mrs.B said...

Thats a beautiful image on your oriental page, the background looks fabulous and there's such a lot of added details.
Avril xx