Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Home

Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week. I'm having a fairly quiet week which means I have lots of time to play. Smile. That means my page for today is just perfect for me.

Today I have a journal page that began with one of those ripped out of an old Somerset Studio magazine artist papers.


I really like the canvas  and lace details on that paper. Yes there is actual cloth on this journal page, the recycled whitish lace that is stitched down slightly crooked under the word HOME that I added. But the house and the fabric details on the top 2/3s of the page are in the paper photo. 

I tore the magazine paper in half, and then put them back together on some watercolor paper to separate the bottom from the top. You can see a bit on the right edge right below the lace and above the frayed fabric.  It is the very narrow white space.

I made the bottom with some washi tape and punched out circles from an old book page. The stamped, colored and fussy cut lady holding the heart and the heart are both items I added, and the key is recycled from another project. 


And I finished off my page with this ancient stamped quote and a bit of paper scrap off my work table. 
I like to think of this svelte lady as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz all grown up.

I am linking this page up to 2 challenges:

This month's Home challenge over at More Than Words and also 

Valerie's Anything Goes over at Art Journal Journey

Hope your week is going well. 







19 comments:

Hels said...

Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz was right,,,
there is no place like home :)

Hels

David M. Gascoigne, said...

And that is a bold new header too, Erika. Hugs - David

Tom said...

...we are finishing renovation of our house and I'm enjoying the results.

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a heartwarming and beautiful page! I love it.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Your page layout is beautiful for the home with the fabrics and all!
Brilliantly thought out.
My day is filled with the noise from a renovated apartment below me and rain with wind. Unfortunately!
I wish you a peaceful, beautiful day!
Hug Elke

CJ Kennedy said...

Delightful page. I've asked a question on my blog and looking at your page, I can see you might help with an answer. Also your new banner is so cheery and Springy! There's still a corner of the backyard with snow. I hope your snow is melting, too. Enjoy the sunshine!

Jeanie said...

Aren't those Somerset papers great? I like how you ripped and re-set the paper. It's a fun page!

Christine said...

Love your page!

Iris Flavia said...

Love the new header!
That is a very creative idea for the page that came out wonderfully!!!
If I had space I would .. would you allow me to print it? Or send me a copy that is signed or such?
I really love it! Hugs

Divers and Sundry said...

Dorothy was right! It's fun to think of her all grown up :)

Valerie-Jael said...

First of all, I love your new header, so full of spring and sunshine! Great journal page, love how you made it. Hope you have lots of art time this week, enjoy! Thanks for linking to AJJ, much apprecieated, hugs, Valerie

MELODY JACOB said...

Such a lovely page
https://www.melodyjacob.com/

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Spring has sprung on your blog. LOVE the new header. Your grown up Dorothy is great, too. i love how you added the sewing. This is a fabulous entry for Valerie's theme at AJJ, dear Erika.

ashok said...

Lovely page 👌

craftytrog said...

A fabulous page, so much to look at. I love all the texture Erika.
Alison

The Happy Whisk said...

Ever be it so humble, there's no place like home.

A long, long time ago when the world was flat and I traveled a great deal. I once told a friend that I didn't really know where home was at the time, because I traveled so much.

She said, "Home is where you want to be when you're sick."

I love that!

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a colorful new blog header, Erika, just perfect for Spring! I quite agree with your page's sentiment. I've been on home isolation for 3 years now and have been perfectly happy. We are having a gloriously sunny spring day here. Honey just planted my sunflower seeds along the side fence, so 62 days from now we will hopefully have those, and he bought some other vegetable plants and seeds. I think he is getting back into gardening! XOX

Neet said...

I do like your page with its pretty houses and flowers plus all the other lovely things you have added. The heart is the 'home' or is central to it and this makes for a bold statement. Love the quote fro the Wizard of Oz.
Great page,
Hugs, Neet xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Erika! I love your absolutely beautiful page about home! I really like that you started with paper from an old Somerset Studio magazine!!! It's perfect here. The big heart with the key looks amazing, as does "Svelte Dorothy!" And the sentiment is wonderful and so perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at More Than Words this month! And thanks also for your wonderful words left at my blog. They are very much appreciated! Have a wonderful rest-of-your March! Hugs, Sharon