Wednesday, March 1, 2023

March AJJ

 Hi everyone. Happy new month to you. 

It's March. Lots of exciting things happen this month.  Here in the Northern Hemisphere we have the   calendar start of spring, longer days and hopefully for those of us in the still winter zone, a goodbye to old man winter. And for you art journalers who are tired of the color red, we have a new host and theme at Art Journal Journey.

First of all let me once again thank everyone who joined my Seeing Red challenge. As I wrote the other day, it was lots of fun hosting last month and seeing how people used  various shades and tones of red. I appreciated everyone's support and of course seeing your pages too.

This month I want to welcome the very talented Valerie as our host. You might know from her blog Bastelmania.

And her theme for March is 

Anything Goes.


If you can't tell, I'm thinking spring. Perhaps I'm a little obsessed with it right now-grin. Today my page has various signs of better weather. There's  blue skies, rain showers, green grass, no mittens, wool caps or boots, and  even some daffodils blooming. 

I started my page with some stenciling. I then inked my page, added the painted clouds, as well as adding the stamped and then colored in the raindrops. I had just a short piece of washi tape on my table that I added. The umbrella man is stamped and fussy cut. It's a newer image I've had for awhile and haven't used yet. I colored him just a bit and then painted in the grass and daffodils at his feet. Finally I stamped and added the quote.


It's always interesting to see what ideas people have for various themes, and this one should be fun because you can make any kind of journal page you want. However, please remember the Art Journal Journey rules. Only journal pages of any kind are accepted. We do NOT accept cards, tags, ATC's and other forms of art. 

I hope you'll be inspired and join us this month for Valerie's Anything Goes challenge.


19 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lots and lots of weather in this entry, Erika. I can see you are definitely thinking spring. Such a fun entry with your new umbrella man. Love the grass and flowers at his feet, too. Thanks so much for this first entry using Valerie's theme at AJJ.

And thanks again for being such a great host at AJJ last month.

wendy kirk said...

Great page Erika, fits our British weather perfectly. Love the background. Have a super week, hugs Wendy.

Iris Flavia said...

Great one - to confetti!!! But... right now the sun is shining (-5C this morning, though, brrr...). Hugs and to Spring very soon!
The days are getting longer "visibly"!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Wow, Erika! I am with you!!! I'm ready for Spring, too. We just had 3 inches of snow fall, and although I love snow, I'm ready for spring, too. Your page is the perfect depiction of April Showers!!! And that quote is just perfect here. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with all of us! Hugs, Sharon

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful and great quote. (I'm behind on visiting blogs. Did you get snow yesterday? It was 4"+ of heavy wet snow here in CT. But the daffodils have been growing for about 4 weeks, so Spring is coming, regardless of what the white stuff does.)

ashok said...

Well done page Erika

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I have issued a very stern warning to those responsible for such things that snow should be banished for March and that warm breezes and new growth should take charge immediately. If they listen to me as well as they have done in the past, don't put your snow shovel away just yet! Hugs - David

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a beautiful and inspiring page! Happy March, Erika.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, love the thought of rain being confeti from the sky! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Your spring page sums it up well!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the idea of rain being confetti from the sky :) It'll help my attitude this week lol Happy meteorological spring!

pearshapedcrafting said...

We certainly have signs of Spring being on it's way here although the forecast is for snow at the weekend. I love the optimism in the page. Hugs, Chrisx

Rika said...

Great page!

hels said...

I remember British weather, perfectly, Wendy *sigh*

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Fabulous, great page, that is a weather!
Hug, Elke

Jeanie said...

I'll have to remember confetti from the sky (charming!) when it gets gnarly again this weekend!

Meggymay said...

Hi Erika, had a great catch up and really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your art pages. I loved seeing the guy with the umbrella on this page, he'll need one in the UK in the coming days if the weather forecasts are correct.
Have a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well, hope your snow doesn't turn into rain, leave that for April! lol Love the man and your hand-painted daffodils are very pretty. XOX

nwilliams6 said...

Love those words - confetti from the sky. So true and so glad it doesn't stay on the ground long (typically anyway) or we would be standing in layers of it. The man is super fun as well. LOVE this, Erika. So glad the days are getting longer - I have missed the afterwork sun! Many hugz!