Friday, February 9, 2024

Faces from Harry Potter

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday. Another week has flown by and I hope you had a good one.

Today my Dad would have turned 100. I hope wherever he is now he's celebrating with a big cup of coffee and his favorite cherry walnut pound cake. 🎂

Last week a friend and I headed down to Universal Studios in Orlando (Florida) for 3 days to go to see the Harry Potter areas, take a few rides, and escape winter for a few days. The Harry Potter areas are so detailed that I found a lot of faces to share with you today. I'll be linking up to Nicole's  Friday Face Off   and also to Gillena's   Friday Lunch Break.

Here's some fun and/or interesting faces.


This first face was an animatronic  goblin who worked in Gringott's Bank, where all the wizards keep their money and bars of gold.

Here's the statue outside of the bank with another goblin face.


And in the waiting line for the ride that was in Hogwart's castle, you have walls of faces. In the Harry Potter stories these faces talk to each other, and to the characters who are walking by them. That's what they did here also, but of course my still photos don't show that.



My traveling companion wanted one of these snowmen for her yard at home. I'd prefer the owl. 


There's quite a few faces in this next photo, which was outside of a shop full of stuffed animals. 


And here's some faces in other shop windows.



And finally for today, here's a face that was in the door at Gringott's (the bank). 


There were so many faces (and I took so many photos), I'll most likely share some more with you next week.  Have a great weekend.






18 comments:

Tom said...

...Harry Potter has become a huge success.

craftytrog said...

What a fantastic exhibition! I do love the goblins and that jolly snowman and owl.
Have a lovely weekend Erika xx

kathyinozarks said...

Wow awesome faces
Happy Friday and weekend Hugs Kathy

Angie's Recipes said...

I too would prefer the snowy owl :-)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A real miscellany of interesting and somewhat grotesque faces -- thanks for posting them!

NGS said...

Universal Studios did a fantastic job with the HP exhibit. I'm glad you had fun!

Valerie-Jael said...

I love all of your faces, just gorgeous! I would so like to go there and tour through Hogwarts, too! Hugs, Valerie
Enjoy your weekend!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow how fun would this be to see! Looks like lots of interesting faces! Sounds like a fun weekend! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Christine said...

Looks fun!

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! What a great series of photos of unique faces ~ thanks,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

peppylady (Dora) said...

Cherry Walnut pound cake sound great.

hels said...

The walls of faces take your breath away, especially since the walls are so high and the light is so limited.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a fun trip for you and your friend, Erika, and as much as we have enjoyed the harry Potter book years ago, my choice would be to see an exhibit someplace in England. That said, this one looked like fun and yes, I would have liked the snowman as well.

DVArtist said...

All of these are just way too cool. Thank you for sharing with FFO. Have a very nice day today.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Some great faces, I like the hippo. I have been to 'The making of Harry Potter' in England but I'd love to go to the Universal Studios too.

Fundy Blue said...

What fun, Erica! I'm sure I'd love visiting here, since I loved the Harry Potter series so much. I'm glad that you were able to escape winter for a little bit. My mother would have been 99 this coming June, my father 98 in March. I think of and miss my parents every day. I hope that your dad has enjoyed his birthday with his favorite treats. Our parents never leave our hearts. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww I do like the snowman and owl.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

This is a real 'envy' post for me. I would love to be able to go and visit this. I think this must be the best Harry Potter show that there is. Love those figures.
Hugs, Neet xx