Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Hearts and/or Flowers

 Hi everyone. It's another Tuesday, and time for our next challenge at Try It on Tuesday.

I'd first like to thank Ester from Shoregirl's Creations for being our guest designer during our last Add Some Text challenge. And thank you to everyone who joined our challenge also.

Our newest challenge starts today and runs for the next 2 weeks. This time we want

Hearts and/or Flowers


The flower images were sitting on my work table, and they reminded me of ikebana (Japanese flower arranging), so I decided to create a journal page with that theme in mind.

I added a page from an old Japanese gardening book I  have. I don't read Japanese (nor speak it), so I'm not sure exactly what part of gardening the background is talking about.  I used some washi tape to create a place to put the flower images. I cut those images out of an old children's garden book
I used red ink and stamped the Asian postmarks a few times. Then I colored the flowers, added some words from both the children's book and some loose words, and finally added a few some foam hearts.


And there you have it.  Just a reminder we accept all forms of art at Try It on Tuesday, and the design team have all kinds of inspiration for you should this challenge stump you. 

I hope you're inspired by hearts and flowers and join us at TIOT. 
Thanks for visiting too.

16 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

I love your Japanese based theme-page! I don't plan on visiting but it's always a sweet memory of my late parents, hugs!

Tom said...

...there can never be too many flowers.

Jeanie said...

That's a lovely page, Erika. Simple and elegant.

R's Rue said...

I love your work. Blessings. Regine

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page Erika, love how you did the background. Today all the challenges with Ts are running, it's Tag Tuesday, too, and this time I managed not to forget it!.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! Loving your Japanese design of hearts and flowers - perfect 😊. Wishing you a Happy February ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

I think you nailed the theme. I hope you're enjoying the sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Lovely page Erika! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Meggymay said...

I love how you layered up this page and added all the detail images, it looks fantastic Erika.
Yvonne

Viv said...

Fab page Erika!

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous page! I love the wording background and those colorful flowers are so pretty! Wonderful inspiration!

Helen said...

Wowsers Erika! LOVE that background paper and your flowers are stunning!! ((HUGS)) Helen

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely page :)

All the best Jan

Neet said...

Lovely Japanese page. I wish I could do Ikebana but in the meantime I can admire your flowers.
Love how you have used that red in your page to stamp with. When we were in China (I know your page is Japanese) we were given 'chops' (seals) and these were always given with a red ink pad.
I always thought we would visit Japan and see the blossom one day, too late now but I enjoy seeing it on TV.
Hugs, Neet xx

Joan said...

Love this page and the Japanese theme. The text piece is lovely as a background and Like you I always wonder what they actually say


Joan x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Really like how you introduced the script into the background, how well it works with those amazing flower arrangements. So so pretty I'd very much love those in my home. The words are enlightening it's a beautiful process.
Thanks for sharing Hugs Tracey xx