Tuesday, February 20, 2024

New Challenge at TIOT

 Hi everyone. It's Tuesday which means it's time once again for another new challenge at Try It On Tuesday

Thank you Uschi for hosting our Hearts and/or Flowers challenge. And thank you everyone who joined in too. It was great to see so many participants. ❤

Now we're onto a new challenge. Like all our challenges, this one  runs for the next 2 weeks.  This time our challenge is something that was new for me. We're asking you to make some art

IN THE SPOTLIGHT


If you're like me and didn't know what was meant by In the Spotlight, spotlight art is when you only color in a small area (or areas)  of your design. That way your colored image stands out.

I made a card for this challenge. I started by stamping a piece of white paper with this old Hero Arts quilted image.  Then I  used a pencil to outline a circle and colored in that area. I wasn't  the neatest along the edge of the circle, so I die cut a black ring to not only enhance the colors, but also to cover up where I went outside the lines.  😉  Since there was not a focal point in my colored part, I added the small die cut heart and a metallic paper bow. I then stitched my quilted piece onto a white card. I over-sewed the corners so the stitching would actually stand out more. I finished by adding the stamped quote. 

You should definitely check out the rest of the design team's art because some of them were much more familiar with this technique than I was and really made some great spotlight pieces.

We hoped you'll be inspired and make some In The Spotlight art to share with us during this challenge.
And thanks for visiting my blog also. ❤



19 comments:

Tom said...

...I've never wanted to be in the spotlight.

Christine said...

Lovely work.

Viv said...

This is a brilliant example of spotlighting Erika! Great job! x

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your spotlight, like an illumunated text, great. Hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

Looks like this will be a fun challenge!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful page! Loving how you used the spotlight to showcase the colourful fabric pieces - perfect 😊. Happy Wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Joan said...

Fabulous card Erika and I love the stitching


Joan x

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely page :)

All the best Jan

MELODY JACOB said...

Thank you for sharing your process and inspiring others to try their hand at spotlight art.

Iris Flavia said...

A very clever approach!
Wish I could really sew. When I lost my job Ingo got me a sewing machine.
I even bought books. But...It's a BUT.
My "spotlight" is not there, very sadly. My soul .... as lonely as the spotlight.
Hugs

Meggymay said...

I love how you added a stitched piece to spotlight on the page, it is a great background for it as well.
Hope all is well with you, I am about to have a catch up read while I am here.
Yvonne x

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

No, I do not think I will try that. But I do enjoying seeing what you are able to create.

Violetta said...

Nice work, but I think I cannot join this challange because I am not talented in art things...I could play you a song on guitar.....
Have a good time and all the best
Violetta

pearshapedcrafting said...

How absolutely brilliant Erika! This is such a great way to create your highlight, hugs, Chrisx

peppylady (Dora) said...

I like challenge but I'm not fan competition.

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful!

*Vicki* said...

So beautiful Erika! I love the circle of vibrant colors against the pattern black and white background! The stitched details in the corners really cement that sewing theme too!

Neet said...

I love how you have chosen patchwork as the main image in your journal age. The plain uncoloured background is lovely and certainly makes your Spotlight stand out. Great idea to add a black circle to cover any slight deviations. Lovely bold use of colour.
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful card Erika, I love the colourful patchwork circle.
Hope you're having a good weekend.
Alison