Sunday, February 25, 2024

More of My Harry Potter Journal

Hi everyone. I hope your weekend is going well. 
Since my husband is in recuperation mode, it's a fairly quiet weekend at my house. Our dining room light stopped working the other day, so  that's been the project my husband is playing around with. He's not feeling 100%, but pretty close, so the light project is just enough to keep him busy, but not so strenuous it will wear him out. Yesterday  I cleaned out a cabinet that needed to be organized for about 10 years. Phew, I am glad that is done because every year I write it down on the to do list. I'm glad I won't have to add next year!😀

 I'm back today with some more pages from my Harry Potter journal. I had  a lot of fun making this project.  One reason I had so much fun was the subject and the fact that I already had this book of HP stickers. I was glad to have a good place to use some of the stickers, and I tried to use them in a creative way and not just stick them onto paper. Whether I succeeded or not is up the eye of the viewer.

I also enjoyed making this album in a 3 ring binder. I certainly was able to get it completed a lot faster than in a bound or glued journal because I could work on multiple pages during a sitting. Of course that meant I had a lot of pages on the floor drying too. 😏 


This first page in today's post was actually quite easy to make because I recently found a half done card I had started a long time ago. The back of it had gotten crushed, but the dragon in the window design on the front was still in good shape. Since the dragon in Diagon Alley at Harry Potter world was my favorite  "creature" in the park, I cut out this image from the card.  My background was made by inking some blue and wine colored ink pads, and then I added the sticker quote

The page below is actually the front of a greeting card I picked up in the park. The Dumbledore image is actually holographic, but with my camera it didn't pick up the other view.


I cut the front of the card off, and on the back  I made this page.


  My next page is about a ride we took, Hagrid's Flying Motorbikes. I used stickers and some rubber stamps on this one, as well as a bit of drawing. 


I also die cut the pumpkins and added a postage stamp that came on a card from Elle either on a Halloween or Christmas card. The ride is similar to the postage stamp, a motorcycle with the sidecar.

It was easy to do a bit of window shopping in Diagon Alley, and my sticker book had lots of matching stickers. The top page is made from acetate with a die cut window and are the windows we looked into.


You can lift it and see what's underneath.


And the rest of the pages for this post are various places we visited in the park, starting with the Knight's Bus. I stenciled and colored in the stars and added the other postage stamp that came on the same card from Elle I mentioned earlier. The quote is stamped. I used a couple of stickers on the page also.


We also went to a wand store where they had a little demonstration of how your wand picks you. I chose to use Dunbledore with his wand fighting "he who should not be named", even though the show was nothing to do with any battle scenes.Those of you not familiar with Harry Potter, Dumbledore is the head of the school, and "he who should not be named" is the dark and evil character.


 Gringott's, the bank, is where the witches and wizards stored their gold, so I needed gold paper for my background. 


Finally for this post a sticker page about the Weasley twins  joke shop.  I had a lot of stickers that worked for this store. 


 I have one more post to show you  of my journal. I hope you're enjoying seeing it. 
I'll be linking up this post to Gillena's Sunday Smiles . 

Have a great rest of your weekend and start to the new week.






18 comments:

Angie's Recipes - Taste of Home said...

I can tell that you were having fun creating these HP pages, Erika. I love them too and thank you for sharing them with us.

Tom said...

...you sure are a fan!

kathyinozarks said...

Glad your husband is home and feeling a bit better.
Your journal is amazing-this one must have been allot of fun for you to create. Happy Sunday and new week
Kathy

Gillena Cox said...

Wow those are some great pages.
Thanks for linking to SundaySmiles
Erika. Had family and friends vist on Saturday. Always i'm happy to see my granddaughter. She now has a kitten. She named ber Lola. Didnt take any photos though.
Happy you dropped by

Much♡love

Anonymous said...

Awesome journal. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

this is such a delightful journal. Yu must be having a ball putting it together!

Aimeslee Winans said...

You've made quite a lot of delightful pages with your souvenirs. I know they are all good reminders of your fun trip. That's so cool you could use Elle's stamps too. Hope you are going to get the wonderful weather pattern we're having. And I'm glad your hubby is mending. I have lost track of how many friends I have who developed horrible bronchitis or pneumonia after getting Covid. XOX

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun creating these pages. My favorite is the dragon. I'm glad your husband is feeling well enough to fix the dining room light. Enjoy the sunshine.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Erika, it was fun seeing the Harry Potter pages for your book and now i am thinking that we really should rewatch the films as we have all, but the end ones not my favorites.

Glad to read that your husband is back home and recovering as I did miss the earlier post, so went back to read it. Good news was not covid, bad news pneumonia but hope he wil be feeling better soon.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your Harry Potter journal looks amazing.

All the best Jan

Iris Flavia said...

Great your Hubby is improving and can start with a little, yet important, project!
Wow, it was fun seeing all your pages!
I googled LTFT > Less Than Full Time? Or does it have to do with a reflection? I clearly have no idea, but that can be fun, too, hugs!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Project are on going.

R's Rue said...

Love these

*Vicki* said...

Wow, these were so fun to go through! I love your Harry Potter themed journal! I especially love the first two with your top background and the shimmer! I also thought that Mr. Dumbledore was going to start moving his head around like you see those newspapers in the movies! LOL Glad you're enjoying this process! Best wishes to the hubby!

craftytrog said...

Your Harry Potter pages are fabulous Erika!
Have a great week xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful pages, Erika, I would so like to have been there! Your journal will be a great read full of memories in years to come. Hugs, Valerie

A Casa Madeira said...

I find this style interesting, I like to see
the collages and how they were placed in the diary.
Good week start.
janice.

Words and Pictures said...

Full of storytelling delights... great imaginative pages.
Alison x