Friday, February 2, 2024

Friday Art

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday. And happy second of February too. I’m home after a fun little get away with my friend Deb. We laughed a lot and even decided we could be pretty bad-ass too. I'll share some photos next week once I get through my photos. 

Today I have a lot of art to share in my post. First I have some second looks for Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's  Second on the Second. I also have  a couple of faces Nicole's Friday Face Off,  and all of this works for GIllena's Friday Lunch Break .  Plus I have a new page to link up to Vicki's Keeping It Light challenge at Art Journal Journey.

These first 2 pieces are second looks from January and February of 2018.  Our new theme at Art Journal Journey is Keeping It Light, and both of these pages have a form of light in them. They also have faces for Friday Face Off.



My next 4 looks are also second look pages from my daily journal back in January and February of 2018. I'm including these because 1) they are on the light side, and 2) they give me some inspiration. I've been trying to shake up my most recent daily drawing journal because I am getting bored with  more of the usual. I like these. My drawings may not be what they are now (since practice  usually really does make it better ), but I like how these pages are set up. 





And finally, here's a new journal page for Vicki's Keeping It Light challenge at Art Journal Journey.  The sun has a face on it for  Friday Face Off also.



That's all for me today.  Have a super start to your weekend.


25 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The bird against the sun is very appealing. At least I think it’s the sun. I can barely remember it! All the best - David

kathyinozarks said...

Happy Friday and awesome art share-hugs Kathy

Tom said...

...take care and stay warm and well.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the 'old'pages you have shown, it always does good to look back, compare and be inspired! Love the new page with the lovely yellow sun on it! Happy Friday, hugs, Valerie

Angie's Recipes said...

I really love the first two pages. Binge Watching and New Word are good too...love the composition.

Mae Travels said...

It’s fun to see all your amusing art works and the way you think up new ideas. I hope you find the inspiration you are hoping for.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lisca said...

What lovely pages! Ilove the Roald Dahl quote!
Have a great weekend,
Lisca

Gene Black said...

I love the books with the owls.

Christine said...

Wonderful Friday Art for the challenges Erika!

Divers and Sundry said...

That bright sunshine is a cheering sight. "Bomb cyclone"?! Yikes!

DVArtist said...

Ohhh these are all wonderful but my face is the bird and the sun. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a very nice weekend.

*Vicki* said...

These are fabulous pages! So much inspiration and I have to say that the books with the owls are really speaking to me! I'm always reading by my bedside lamp before falling asleep! Thank you for sharing more inspiration with keeping light in mind! I love it!

Gillena Cox said...

Some fun pieces. Thanks for linking
to Art For Fun Friday

Much♡love

CJ Kennedy said...

So nice to see the sun as we haven't seen it most of the week. I especially like the sun sticker and the quote on the last page. Hopefully, we'll see the sun this weekend.

Aimeslee Winans said...

It's always good to revisit and re-engage. Getting back into my first art journals in order to try to finish them has been motivating to me, even though I didn't think it would be. Glad to hear you had fun with your girlfriend. I go riding around with my friend across the street when we want to get out and such a simple act is quite fun with the right person. XOX

hels said...

Thoughts out of your face shine like sunbeams? All thoughts or only the pleasant ones?

Iris Flavia said...

These were supergreat. I wigssh I had good thoughts. Hugs

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I especially remember the owl on the table with the stack of books. It was a favorite then and still is today. Thanks for these wonderful looks back at your art for your second look, dear Erika.

That is a charming sun and a great entry for both FFO and Vicki's theme at AJJ.


Fundy Blue said...

I enjoyed the images, Erika! The first one has a beautiful message, and I love the little bird silhouetted agains the winter sun. Oh did I ever love snow days, probably more than my students. You, that's how my brain feels after watching too much tv. Your light page is inspirational. Happy creating!

carol l mckenna said...

All your creations are lovely ~ especially like the first two ~ very creative ~ thanks,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoyed the look-back pages from your earlier journals, Erika, and now you no longer have to wish for a snow day to stay home and do whatever, thanks to retirement. Looking forward to reading about your recent adventure in future posts.

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy February wishes.
Thank you for sharing all of this lovely art.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a treat of a post- and inspiring too! I really need to get more lettering practice. I love your journal page, that sun really is shining! Have a good week, hugs,,Chrisx

Neet said...

Lovely sunny page for your AJJ entry, the ric rac braid looks really well on the side and such inspirational words. There's lots of inspiration in the other older ones too. I particularly like the owls at night and the little lamp lighting the reading corner.
Sorry I can't join in at the moment but I have to keep my foot up as much as possible.
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

Lots of fab art Erika!
Happy February!
Alison