Thursday, February 29, 2024

Happy Leap Day

 Hi everyone. Today is February 29th, and for some folks, they  get to celebrate their birthdays on their actual birthdays. Besides the fact that those of us who use the Julian calendar get an extra day this year, today is also the last day of meteorological  winter.  I am ready for spring (which may or may not actually arrive tomorrow in New Hampshire), and my journal page for today celebrates the idea of the upcoming season.

This is my last page for Vicki's Keeping It Light challenge at Art Journal Journey. Thank you Vicki for hosting. I really enjoyed your challenge theme too. It was perfect for February as the days start to get lighter.  I also want to thank everyone who joined in as we had some great art  and ideas this past month.


My page today uses light in 2 ways. Most of my images are light colors, and I also used the yellow-gold color. Yellow is a color of light. My lady is the goddess of light and nice weather. She brings the sunshine back, and with that sunshine we get flowers and butterflies. 

I also have one more tag for Sandie's asemic writing challenge at Tag Tuesday.  I think I should have written the word what instead of who because someone may be asking what the  writing on my tag says. And of course, asemic writing doesn't really say anything.  Grin😏.


I hope everyone's month wraps up in a good way. "See" you tomorrow with our new AJJ challenge for March.








16 comments:

hels said...

Yellow IS the colour of light, but it also represents the sun, gold, sand on the beach, daffodils and pineapples :) All beautiful.

Tom said...

...I'm set to leap into March.

Christine said...

Beautiful page and tag. Happy leap day!

Angie's Recipes - Taste of Home said...

I am too ready for Spring! Both pages are lovely, I like esp. the owl one.

Jeanie said...

Happy Leap Day! Let us leap forward (and turn the clocks forward too!)

*Vicki* said...

Wow, I really love your goddess of light and all of the sunshine she is bringing with her! Beautiful page with uplifting yellow, warmth and that quote is fabulous...so true! I'm with you and so look forward to Spring coming! Thank you so much for inviting me to be a host this month for AJJ! I have enjoyed all of the inspiration including this beautiful one! Darling owl for your banner tag too! I must try out that asemic writing sometime! Happy crafting and best wishes for a wonderful incoming March too! HUGS

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy Leap Day.

I enjoyed your art, especially the owl.

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous light page Erika! Yes lighter nights are great aren't they. Our solar lights came on at 6 this evening! Love the cute owl on the tag! Hugs, Chrisx

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun page. I hope you didn't get blown away and were able to stay warm today.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Cute page and tag. Thanks for the birthday wishes and my dinner was so good! XOXO

Michele said...

what a stunning tag and journal page! thanks for linking to tag tuesday. xo

Sandra Wright. said...

Fabulous Tag, loving the script.
Thank you so much for another tag for us at Tag Tuesday x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, love it! Hugs, Valerie

Gillena Cox said...

Luv your leap day page
My Thursday post is HERE
Much♡love

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely artwork.

pinky said...

Love your journal page and your gorgeous tag Erika. That owl is brilliant! Thanks for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky