Friday, February 16, 2024

More Harry Potter Faces

 Hi everyone. Happy Friday. I hope you had a great week and have a great weekend ahead also.

Today I have the rest of my "Harry Potter" faces to share. These faces are for Nicole's Friday Face Off.  I am also linking up to Gillena's Friday Lunch Break

You might remember me mentioning that back at the end of January I took a quick trip down to Florida to visit Universal Studios with a friend. We both really wanted to visit the Harry Potter parts of the park, and neither of us was disappointed with the art and atmosphere.

My post today has some fun window views, a couple of statues, and a few other faces too.



If you want to spend $75 for a wand, you can make things happen at certain exhibits. This statue was one of them; water would squirt out. We didn't get wands, because even if it might be fun to play at the park, when you got home the wand would just collect dust.  But it was fun to watch kids who had a wand get the wand exhibits to react.




Dumbledore was a projection in this exhibit, which was along the way into a ride. At least they kept you entertained while you waited. 

Here's some goblins  that worked, looked up and made a comment every now and again. These were also seen while waiting for a ride.



I would hate to see what the lines were on a busy day. Most of the line mazes were closed off when we were there.

And here's some more faces.





This house elf peeked out of the window every few minutes.


And here's a couple of photos of my friend Deb and myself, posing with a couple of characters in the park. Sometimes it was hard to tell the park characters from people who were dressed up visiting the park.


Don't miss the shrunken head (that talked) behind Nigel the Knight's bus driver.


And finally, how about a head of another sort.


Have a great weekend.








20 comments:

Tom said...

...it's easy to see what Harry Potter books have been such a success. Take care and stay warm and well.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for showing more of your short, but obviously, fun visit to FL, Erika. The thought of spending $75 for a wand that would be useless outside the theme park was crazy. I wonder why no one thought of rental wands at less cost, but returnable. Nice to see you and your friend as well.

We only had a scant dusting of less than an inch of snow overnight, which sort of disappointed me.

Valerie-Jael said...

I love the photos, I wish I had been there! But I do have a wand and a broomstick, must take some pics! Happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

CAAC said...


What an interesting park! Your selfie with the fellow dressed like the Polar Express conductor reminded me of our visit to Nashville in December to see the Ice! Polar Express exhibit at Gaylord Opryland. That was cool, literally (room kept at 9ºF) and figuratively!

DVArtist said...

OHGosh what a fun, fun, fun, place to visit. Sure brings out all of the inner child, and magic in us. I would love a witch looking out of my upstairs bedroom window. LOL and that snake what a beauty. I am so happy your shared all of this with FFO. Have a wonderful weekend.

boromax said...

Wow! Great stuff!

*Vicki* said...

That certainly looks like a fantastic trip and hope to be able to visit it one day...as an adult with adult children! LOL Thanks for sharing these amazing details about the park! Love it!

Jeanie said...

This looks like such great fun! When the boys are a little older we'll have to get them onto Harry Potter and a visit!

Angie's Recipes said...

I have never noticed that Hogwarts Express driver...these photos are really cool, Erika.

Mae Travels said...

The theme parks seem to use the most creativity one can imagine — and apply it to clever ways to get the guests to spend more money! I think that the wands they sold in the past were simply toys that kids (or anyone) could use as part of a costume. Something for playing and pretending. Not any more!

I love seeing your photos of the park. My travel wishes these days tend more to wildlife, especially birds, so I’ll probably never go there. Consequently, I appreciate traveling with you.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Great photos Erika!

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, to all, but the goblins I really would love to see and hear for real! What a fun visit! I jumpy one, I think, if you cannot tell real people from puppets! Hugs and thanks for sharing the fun!

A Casa Madeira said...

I loved the images, although some of them are quite scary, but they convey their beauty.
Good weekend.
janicce.

carol l mckenna said...

What a fun time for you both and great photos too ~ thanks,


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)




MELODY JACOB said...

You had such a nice time

Gillena Cox said...

Nice photos thanks for sharing

Much♡love

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

You have some wonderful faces.

Fundy Blue said...

What a fun place, and you shared great faces, Erika! Yikes $75 for a wand! I feel for parents. Enjoy your week!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

What a great place to see. Thank you for sharing your photos. I like the statues they have.

Neet said...

Thank you for showing us more of Harry Potter and your trip there. It must have been a wonderful fun experience. So glad you got lots of photos to look back on.
Sounds a tad expensive for a wand but I suppose they sell lots by appealing to the young (and old in my case)
Hugs, Neet xx