Friday, February 23, 2024

Some Random Faces

Hi everyone. Happy Friday. 

Let me first thank all of you for your thoughts that my husband gets better quickly. If you didn't stop by my blog yesterday I mentioned how he ended up in the hospital for a night with pneumonia. I think most people would have been sent home with antibiotics,  but because he is immuno-comprimised  the doctors were playing it safe. The good news is that he is now home and recovering. πŸ˜€❤πŸ‘

Today for Gillena's Friday Lunch Break and for Nicole's  Friday Face Off   I have the rest of my faces from my January trip to Universal Studios in Florida.  There is more to the parks than Harry Potter.
This first face is definitely different.


One night before we headed back to our hotel room we stopped at the Voodoo Donuts in the park, and we each picked out 1 donut for our breakfast. The park hotel didn't include breakfast, so we had done a grocery store run to get some food, and we figured a donut would be a nice little accompaniment.  Mine was the chocolate frosted one (that was delicious by the way). 

I think his scream looks better with half his body missing because now he really has something to moan about-not just the pretzel voodoo poke.


And there are some faces on the donut box too.
Years ago I was in Portland, Oregon and went to the original Voodoo donut shop. I see now they are in many places, including at Universal Studios.

One show we went to while in the park was on horror film make up. It was interesting, and I learned a lot. It was also pretty funny. (But they didn't allow photography.)
While waiting for the show we went through the small museum in the front of the building. I didn't know it was Universal Movie Studios who made the first ever horror movies.




And they made TV shows too. You might remember The Munsters from 1313 Mockingbird Lane. 


And how can you not love the Minions?



One ride we went on was called The Mummy, based on the 1999 Brandon Fraser film  by the same name. Here's an Anubis view from when we waited in the line for the ride.


And finally, I'll end with me about to get eaten by a T. rex.  I don't look very afraid😏, even though I was trying to act like I was. I think had I known how bad the Jurassic Park roller coaster ride was going to be I would have looked petrified at this point.


That's all for me today. Have a great weekend.



 

25 comments:

Tom said...

...Minion Xing takes the cake.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love that last photo, too funny! Voodoo donuts sound exciting! Glad your hubby is home, great news. Hugs, Valerie

Angie's Recipes said...

I have never had a donut...and I love the very last photo of you, Erika.

Iris Flavia said...

Good your Hubby is home!
Oh, but the poor Donut, LOL! As the pink!
Sad you were not allowed to take pics, though.
Love the parting pic, hugs an that!

Jamie Ghione said...

That Voodoo Donut is hilarious! I've never seen anything like it. And the design on the donut box is hilarious, too.

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad your husband is home and hopefully well on the road to recovery. It looks like you had SUCH a good time on your trip. Great photos, Erika!

Christine said...

Lovely faces and whew on hubby

DVArtist said...

Ohhh you know I love this post. Voodoo doughnuts, how fun. Great faces and a fun time. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a lovely weekend.

Gillena Cox said...

Luv the last photo. So much fun. Thanks for linking to Art For Fun Friday

Much♡love

peppylady (Dora) said...

I heard of voodoo doughnuts. Haven't ate one.

Fundy Blue said...

I hope your husband recovers quickly from pneumonia, Erika. The rest of your Universal Studios are lots of fun, especially the T-rex one at the end! I've seen that scene a number of times, and it still scares me; although I think the lawyer got what he deserved. Take it easy this weekend, especially when you're dealing with a sick hubby. Hugs to you!

Hels said...

People DO understand the misery associated with pneumonia, nod. But everyone was so exhausted by three years of Covid, they can barely deal with other medical issues now. My sister in law tripped on a rug in her care home and lay on the ground, and the nurses responded saying "at least it isn't covid".

ashok said...

Voodoo donuts?! Wow

sirkkis said...

I'm glad your husband is back at home, and wish he is well soon πŸ‘❤️
You have had very exciting trip and fun,too πŸ˜„
Happy weekend to you both 😘

Barwitzki said...

How nice that your husband is back home :-))) All the best.
Thanks for the wonderful photos from U. Studios... feels very good.
Happy greetings from me... Sun is shining... I am happy.

Barwitzki said...

Ahhh – I love these faces.
Have a wonderful weekend... Do you have sun too? I wish you. It's so wonderful. Finally!
Hug from me

Mae Travels said...

A screaming donut is unusual! Your experience with horror make-up looks neat.

Good luck to your husband with a continuing and quick recovery. I’m glad to hear he’s out of the hospital.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

*Vicki* said...

Glad your husband is doing better. Your donuts are super cool and fun! That would be such a fun trip to take and it looks like there was so fun going on!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I would have been by sooner, but my AT&T ISP was offline much of yesterday. I read your previous post, but am trying to consolidate them. So glad your husband is home. I hope his pneumonia goes quickly.

I've never heard of Voodoo Donuts, but the middle of the country is always the last to get anything new and interesting.

Somehow I missed The Munsters and the Minions, too. I live a very uneducated life when it comes to TV and movies.

I have, however, heard of the Mummy and even saw the show (on TV).

LOVED your scary face with the T-Rex. Hope you have a great weekend, dear Erika.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

It looks like you had lots of fun and we have lots of different faces to look at.

carol l mckenna said...

Quite the variety of weird ~ lol

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fab photo's Erika so nice to see those movie faces and yours, my Son would love to visit and see Jurassic Park he's a huge fan.. he'd have been in those tree's for sure hee hee. Those donuts look delicious.
Sorry to read about your hubby glad they did those extra checks in hospital and is now back at home. My hubby has been admitted twice with pneumonia because of the very same, I hope your hubby is resting now.
Take care of each other Hugs Tracey xx

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased that your husband is home, may he rest and recover well.

I do like that last photograph, it made me smile :)

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Hi Erika, I've just looked back and see that my comments on the last two posts haven't published so it's fingers crossed for this one. Glad to know that after your hubby's scare the other day he is clearly feeling better. I loved seeing your travel journal pages - it must have been a great place to visit! I love the Blue sky page you made and your altered tag! , hugs, Chrisx

Words and Pictures said...

So sorry to hear that your husband's been so ill - hoping the road to recovery is swift and smooth.
Alison x