Thursday, February 1, 2024

February Is Here

 Happy February everyone! Welcome to the new month.

Before I get to February's Art Journal Journey,  I want to thank everyone who joined my January challenge. I really appreciated your support, and it is always fascinating how different people approach a theme. Thank you all for thinking about the calendar and joining in.❤

Now let's move onto February.  Today we welcome Vicki who you might know from her blog Stamped Smiles. This is her first time hosting at AJJ.   I hope everyone is as excited as we are to have her  host this month at Art Journal Journey.

Vicki's theme this month at AJJ is Keeping It Light.  As she mentions over on at AJJ homepage, you could use light colors, include something that is a source of light, use phrases like light as a feather, or you could shed some light on a subject. She explains it better than I can over at the AJJ homepage.

For my first page I went with light colors.

I decided to just use the plain white paper in my journal for the background. I cut out the vintage style flowers from a magazine page. I also cut out the birds and added them. Then I used an old children's book about  plants for my words. Finally I added a border using a light purple (lavender) marker.

Just a reminder of our dreaded rules. We only accept art journaling ( of any kind).  so please no tags, cards, ATC's etc. 

I'm thinking Keeping It Light will be a fun challenge, and I hope to see your art journaling over at Art Journal Journey.




20 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, Erika. You took a different approach to this theme. I like it a LOT. Very vintage and spring like. Thanks for this great first entry featuring Vicki's theme at AJJ, dear friend.

hels said...

The source of light can have a very big influence on landscapes or objects. Totally grey skies in winter are depressing.

Valerie-Jael said...

Great page and header, Erika, really fabulous, big WOW! I have an early appointment today, so need to get going, groan. I hate getting up early these days! Have a great day, hugs! Valerie

Neet said...

What a delightful page. I love the flowers you chose to illustrate it with.
The words work so well with the two pictures and I do like how these show the underside of the leaves and not just the top.
Hugs, Neet xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful art journal page.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this Erika! Love the flowers representing light! Looking forward to seeing blossom on trees, hugs, Chrisx

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Very springlike indeed. Now we need the weather to cooperate, although let’s not forget that it still only the first day of February. All the best - David

Tom said...

...time flies when you are having fun!

Angie's Recipes said...

So pretty and springy :-)) I love it!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow I just adore your sweet images here and I absolutely LOVE that hurrying spring poem...how beautiful! I think of those little birds purchasing lightly on those delicate flowers that are sure to bloom for us very soon! Thank you for sharing your brilliant page and for welcoming me this month! HUGS

Blues Hendrix said...

¡Hola Erika! Me ha parecido muy interesante tu post, lo he encontrado muy útil. Gracias por compartirlo.
Excelente contenido tu Blog.
¡Un saludo! Blues Hendrix 😊

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful. Very light and to me Summery. Only 140 days until the Summer Solstice

Christine said...

Lovely page for the new Month!

DVArtist said...

A lovely page and yes, I wish spring would hurry up and get here too. Have a nice day today.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely journal page.

Gillena Cox said...

Fantastic Erika.

Much♡love

Aimeslee Winans said...

I know you could have written these words! Wondering if you are going to gather some twigs and put them in water on the windowsill...
We've had a pretty glorious week here and news from space city weather maybe no more freezes. That would be fabulous and in line with the farmers almanac prediction. Honey put all the plants back out except for the cactii and succs.
Happy February xoxo

Divers and Sundry said...

I like your colors and the hope for spring.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Really pretty Erika, love the tone from each piece of collage, beautiful way to ignite the theme with all the text and I agree it's oh so vintage which puts me in my happy place. Wishing you a Happy creative weekend Hugs Tracey xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! Loving those light colours and images, it has a lovely vintage feel too 😊. Take care and wishing you a Happy February! Hugs, Jo x