Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Wednesday Art

 Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week to you. 

Today I have a page that I am sharing for Vicki's Keeping It Light challenge at Art Journal Journey.  I am also linking up to Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge blog. This month is Creative Artiste's challenge #101, and  the theme is always Anything Goes as long as you use at least 3 types of media. 


My page started when I was making some New Years cards. The background die I cut out for my cards created all these little swirls. They seemed  too good to throw out, so I took some matte media and glued them down on a sheet of white watercolor paper. (And somehow a green letter e snuck into the photo too.)


The image of the lady in the center was actually lighter, but I didn't realize she was water soluble. When I attached her with matte medium she smudged a bit and that made her darker.  I also used just a bit of pink watercolor paint to add just a touch of color to the background.

I then die cut several branches with leaves from white paper, and framed them around this lovely lady. I added the TH chipboard frame and some small flower shaped  sequins on the branches.  I finished my page by stamping the quote, fussy cutting around it and then gluing it down.

I also want to share a tag for Valerie's Valentine's Day challenge at Tag Tuesday


My tag started with some red ink and then  I added some pink paint. Before the pink paint was applied I used a stamp of lots of hearts on my background. The center heart is a die cut using an old Sizzix set I have. I had a small sheet of this holographic paper that was covered in hearts, so I decided to go with them. And it's been quite awhile since I used my Art by Marlene punch out set, so I went with some images from that booklet.  I loved the dog with the roses. He already had the crown, and I covered a heart on his forehead with the tiny foam message heart. It says hug me, which is something both of my dogs like.

There you have it. 
I hope everyone is having a good week so far. We've actually had sun since Saturday. I think this is the longest stretch of blue skies we've had since the new year began. ❤ Now it just needs to warm up a tad.



18 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Both pages are so lovely..I like the bold colours you used for the 2nd one.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It’s good that you were able to find a purpose for the swirls, and the end result is very pleasing. All the best - David

Tom said...

...Valentine's Day will be here before we know it.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I love your art and thanks for showing how you made the textures-love that Happy mid week

Christine said...

Lovely pages

Jamie Ghione said...

Love how you used those swirls.

CJ Kennedy said...

Nice! I like the swirly texture and the fact that you couldn't waste the swirls. The dog with the roses is very cute. He'd be a lot cuter if he was a cat. 😺 another day of sunshine! Enjoy!

Violetta said...

Really great art-work. Looks very good. Have a good time and all the best
Violetta, and thanks for visiting my blog once again.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, glad you were able to use the swirls! And I love the gorgeous tag, thanks so much. That little dog is so pretty. My dogs always liked hugging, too, but Kitty only liked being hugeed when she wanted to be hugged! Have a great day, enjoy the blue skies. It's grey, wet and cold here! Hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

I like the embossing and loving that you saved the swirly part -- at least for now. The tag is fab!

*Vicki* said...

These are wonderful projects Erika! I love your page with the window light lady! The swirls are very cool and make such a great background with the soft colors! your heart tag is super cool and so fun! We are the same way with sun out over here and we've actually gotten out to take some walks as the temps are unusually warm too! Enjoy while it lasts! Thanks for your wonderful inspiration always!

Iris Flavia said...

Fun art, ohhhh, I love the face in that tag!
Soon off here to Adelaide, so just a short "hi", hugs

Lowcarb team member said...

I like both here but I especially like the swirly texture in your first piece.

All the best Jan

craftytrog said...

What a beautiful page Erika, and great use of those paper swirls.
I love your tag too, it's gorgeous.
Hugs,
Alison

Neet said...

Great tag, I love the little figure sneaking in at the bottom of it.
I thought it was a apiece of heavily embossed wallpaper you had used when I first saw it - and I loved it. Still do but what a work of art, sticking all those shapes down. Wow!
Gorgeous colours with the pretty flowers surrounding the arch where that beautiful woman is.
Definitely a favourite with me.
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful light page Erika. I love how you used the leftover pieces. Great tag too, hugs, Chrisx

pinky said...

Erika your page is beautiful, a work of art and it must have taken a lot of patience!! Your tag is just gorgeous too. I love the quirky image. Thanks so much for taking time to play along with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Those swirls were definitely too good to discard what an amazing background they make. Lovely subtle use of colour and the lady is framed so beautifully with those sweet little flowers. A delightful display of mixed media, so glad to see you share this with us @ Creative Artiste. ((Thank YOU))
Creative Hugs Tracey x
P.S The tag is FAB x