Monday, February 26, 2024

T Stands for a Few Random Things.

 Hi everyone. It is the beginning of the new week and time for T.   I hope everyone had a lovely week since we last met.

Last week was a weird week for  me, but not a bad week. Some of you might have read how my husband was diagnosed with pneumonia and spent a night in the hospital. Luckily the antibiotics are doing what they should, but that totally changed  how I expected the end of the week to go.  It also wasn't how my husband expected his week to end either. And luckily, it went a lot better than is could have  😏. 

Last week,  I also squeezed in a couple of ocean side walks.  One day I was at the beach and on another I went to a state park near the beach. It was a beautiful day when I went to the state park, and I managed to get a few photos that I thought I'd share.







It was fun to see this large ship so closely passing by, and below, I really liked the view looking up at the sun through this cedar tree.



This tree lined path always looks so inviting to walk down.  The high clouds were quickly moving in even though the bad weather didn't hit until Friday.

Since it is T day, I need to share a drink  over at  Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog.

Last Friday the hubby and I went down to the pharmacy to get his antibiotic prescriptions filled. He also  owed me breakfast.  I say that because last Wednesday he had a colonoscopy scheduled, and I was his designated driver. He told me that once he got out of his colonoscopy, he would take me to breakfast. He was the first patient of the day at 6:30 AM. He suspected he would be out by 9 or 9:30.  However,
after his colonoscopy  he  was having some breathing issues, and this is when they discovered he had a mild case of pneumonia. That was when he was admitted to the hospital so they could pump some antibiotics into him. Needless to say we never made it to breakfast. 

To keep this short, he came home Thursday afternoon, and Friday we had to get his prescriptions filled. We decided we'd stop for a late breakfast at our favorite hole in the wall breakfast and lunch place. Here's my diet Pepsi along with my meal.


I had a cheese omelette, some cinnamon raisin toast along with home made baked beans. Yum.

That's all for me this week. Have a super T day and week ahead. 

















23 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Your peaceful seaside photos are very lovely to look at. I hope your husband will soon be 100% recovered.
I also enjoyed your post about Harry Potter World. I loved the books & movies, but never have been to the park.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Glad hubby got treated and the meal looks good -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Birgit said...

I haven't visited and am sorry. I'm sorry to hear that your spouse had pneumonia but he seems to be getting better. I'm glad to hear he is getting better. I've been there and it knocks you for a loop.
You took some nice pictures on your walk and it must have been nice to get out in nature

Angie's Recipes - Taste of Home said...

The beach views are so beautiful! Awesome that you two had a great breakfast date :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Everyone seems to believe this was a beautiful and peaceful walk along the beach. Somehow, I saw these photos in a different light. Perspective is everything. More or less. What I saw was desolation, destruction, unyielding rocks, bramble, and a place I would not chose to walk. Glad you enjoyed it. It would be impossible for me to climb over some of those rocks.

On the other hand, your breakfast looks good and so does the omelette.

I am glad your husband is doing better. I know how scared you must have been. So glad he was well enough to join you for breakfast. Thanks for sharing your beach scenes and your breakfast and diet Pepsi with us for T this Tuesday.

Amila said...

Hi Erika, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's pneumonia but glad to know the antibiotics are doing their job. It must have been a surprising turn of events for both of you!
On a brighter note, it's awesome that you got to enjoy some ocean-side walks. The beach and state park sounds lovely. These are beautiful photos.
Wishing you a better and healthier week ahead!

Let's Art Journal said...

Sorry to hear about your hubby, I hope he is on the mend and feeling much better. Sending very well wishes his way! Your walls along the warer look amazing, it's a beautiful place and hopefully it's warming up a bit in the sunshine 😊. Hope you enjoyed your breakfast. Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Tom said...

...baked beans for breakfast, we must be in New England!

Kokopelli said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing! And so glad your husband feels better. Pneumonia is no fun.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I am glad your husband is on the mends. That is so nice you live not too far from the ocean-what an awesome place to take a walk. I enjoyed the photos-before I knew I should not be eating gluten grains my favorite toast was buttered cinnamon-raisin bread-sooo good.
Happy T Hug Kathy

Jeanie said...

Your breakfast looks like something I would order -- but I'd skip the beans. Three cheers for your husband's recovery. Glad you BOTH got your breakfast out!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your beach pictures are making dream of Ogunquit. Glad hubby is feeling better and I'm glad you got the breakfast he owed you. Happy T Day

Lisca said...

Oh gosh, that must have been a bit of a scare when your hubby was diagnosed with pneumonia. But I'm glad he is on the mend and the AB are working.
The photos of the coastal walk are stunning. Yes, I did spot the large ships. I did not expect to see them that close by.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

ashok said...

I love seasides...great pictures

DVArtist said...

Glad to read that DH is doing better. It is stressful for sure. Good thing you have this beautiful place to walk. Your meal looks so good too. Have a wonderful day today.

*Vicki* said...

I'm so jealous of your scenery walk! I love those photos and thank you for sharing! I'm going out today while it's still warm as there is a temperature drop of 60 degrees by tonight! That's a huge swing! Your breakfast looks yummy and so glad for hubby!

Valerie-Jael said...

That cheese omelette won't let me go! Hugs, Valerie

peppylady (Dora) said...

I mange to get in a short walk today.

Carola Bartz said...

I'm glad that your husband is doing much better, Erika. That certainly was not how you planned your week. Your photos from the beach look lovely - it's so nice to have the ocean close by, isn't it? Your breakfast looks good, I love cheese omelett. Sorry for being so late, it was a crazy day today. Happy T, hugs - Carola

Iris Flavia said...

I love how you take the health-issues with humor. We have but a choice, huh? I always tried,too (glad we have a wooden table here, wait... knocked three times).
Wonderful pics, especially the one one with the sun shining in!
I never had or saw a cheese omelette!! Good idea! To a belated T-day, hugs!

Words and Pictures said...

What wonderful tree photography - an arboreal treat! So happy you like the new stamps... thank you for stopping by!
Alison x

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Erika, glad your husband is out of hospital and getting better - I missed last week so I didn't know) I love seeing your ocean walk photos, I have not been to the beach this year due to one thing and another and the current problem and I really miss it. Thanks for your comment, you know it’s funny. I did write Quebec originally as I knew he worked for the Surete du Quebec but somehow I changed it to Ontario. I’m nearly finished it so I will see if I want to read the next or not. There are a few other things I am curious about at the moment. Happy T Day! Elle xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Girl, you got some dang good photos!
And ok, never had baked beans for breakfast, must be a Naw'thern thang, lol.
BUT, I do sometimes have refried beans in a breakfast burrito that also has egg, cheese and sausage or bacon in it wrapped in a flour tortilla.
So, not so weird or both equally weird, haha!
Our cold front is blowing in right now, so I'll be having a cold and cloudy birthday tomorrow. Well, a low of 50 is only cold to us down here.
XOX