Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Autumn at Try It on Tuesday

Hi everyone. Since it's been 2 weeks since our last challenge went live, it's time for a new one at Try It On Tuesday
Thank you everyone who joined our Going Round in Circles challenge, and thank you Karen for having been our host for that challenge.

Here in the northern hemisphere autumn has arrived, and our new challenge is all about the new season. For the next 2 weeks, we'd love to see your AUTUMN inspired art.


My journal page began with this old die that I had and hadn't used in a really long time. I die cut the sky and birds on some dark brown cardstock and then backed it up on some leaf printed paper. Once the matte medium had dried, I used some watercolors and  gave the background some color.

In my journal I used some printed papers to cover the white  background, and then I attached my die cut image. I added some washi tape and some leaf stickers. Finally I added the TH quote (I colored it) and also a couple of small metal charms.

You have 2 weeks to join our new Autumn challenge, and all types of art are accepted. I hope you're inspired and join us.

And thanks for visiting my blog too.



 

19 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful autumnal page! You created so much detail with the pretty die cut, washi tape and all those leaves. I'm loving the colours too. Happy October 😊. Hugs, Jo x

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A great page. Migrating birds is a very appropriate theme for this time of year. Hugs -David

Iris Flavia said...

I PROMISE! I will NEVER lose my sense of wonder!
Nor my love for your art.
The bird is just so... free... I sadly cannot read what´s written on the leaves...
Hope it´s about to make peace with summer leaving ;-)
Hugs from my day off!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous collage place, love that you left the leaves white. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a lovely fall page! Love the birds.

CJ Kennedy said...

The die cut is perfect for this time of year and I like the process you used to add and color the background. Fall is going to fly away with the geese for the next few days and Summer is on the way back. Color me happy!

Tom said...

...enjoy this special time of year.

Christine said...

Lovely autumn art!

The Padre said...

Dig The New Banner Shot - Stay Groovy

Cheers

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a wonderful page! I love seeing waterbirds flying over! Hugs, Chrisx

hels said...

Never lose your sense of wonder :)

Meggymay said...

Oh my I love this autumn page Erika, so much to see and super details. I've had my good catch up again and enjoyed seeing your art and the photos you shared.
Yvonne xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Erika, I love this page so much! This is a perfect Autumn scene. Love to see the old dies being used and your paper collage is a great background, love the stamping as well. Happy Autumn! XOX

craftytrog said...

A stunning autumn inspired page Erika! It's my favourite time of year for walking and hiking πŸ˜ŠπŸ‚

Melanie Hungerford said...

Your page is wonderful, I love the collage of leaves and the brighter colors behind the birds, looks stunning! Thanks so much for having me as your guest at Try it on Tuesday!

Mrs.B said...

It's a a fabulous page, that die cut makes a perfect Autumn scene, love all the extra details you've added.
Avril xx

Joan said...

Beautiful autumnal page, love the migrating birds


Joan

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a fabulous die that is Erika, love how the collage paper background lies delicately behind it with gentle detail of colour. Lovely journal page, it's a wonderful time of year is Autumn. October Hugs Tracey xx

Pia S said...

What a fantastic die you've used, it reminds me of stained glass, but instead of bright colors you have those warm golden autumns ones instead. It's beautiful.