Friday, October 27, 2023

The Rest of My Halloween Book

Hi everyone. Happy Friday. It's already the last Friday in October , but  in some ways I'm also thinking it can't possibly still be October. Grin.Right now we are having some beautiful weather. I think because fall weather seemed to have arrived a bit late this year so we still have a lot of color, and even a bit of green, for late October. Plus, no frost at my house yet, although some places in New Hampshire just had frost the other night. That's thrown me off, but I shouldn't talk because chilly temperatures are due to arrive Sunday.😏

It's time for Nicole's  Friday Face Off  and Gillena's Friday Lunch Break .

Today I am going to share the rest of the pages in my Halloween Bingo book. You'll notice it has  lots of faces in it.  But first, since some of you mentioned you wanted to see how my book is bound, let me show you that.


This first photo shows the bound edge. I used some fairly wide ribbon and lots of red line tape to bind it. The ribbon is folded in an accordian style; taped to hold the 2 sides together, and then attached to each page .


Above, you can see that I folded the ribbon together and then used some red-line tape on the inside to create a tab. 


In this  photo, you can  see an already made tab.  It has the red line tape on the outside of it. The red line tape side that you can see will be stuck onto the next page of the book I am inserting. I am working from front to back, adding  each page one at a time.

The binding isn't tight, meaning the pages can wiggle up and down a bit. It still works nicely holding the book together. Probably the only thing I would change if I ever bind a book this way again is that I would stitch the tab folds rather than using red line tape. 

And if you're not familiar with red line tape, it is a  double sided tape that comes in various widths, including the 1/4 inch width I used. A good red line tape is super sticky and is a great way to connect fabric  since it doesn't leave globby marks that glue as it soaks through the fabric would. 

And here's the rest of my pages.




The left hand page has the binding attached to it, and the right side page is bound on the opposite side.





And here's a few close ups of some other pages I haven't shared before.



The skeleton head sticker was the perfect size to cover the actual face in this last page on this above page.


And finally, let me end with  the front cover.


That's all for me today. Have a great start to your weekend, and thanks for stopping by to visit.

















18 comments:

Tom said...

...Erika, have a spooktacular time.

Iris Flavia said...

Spooky fun-art, I love it! :-)
Have a great Friday, hugs (and let´s hope the cold weather still waits a bit....)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pages Erika! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Gillena Cox said...

Fantastic Haloween pages and binding.
Happy Friday Erika.

Much💛love

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Wow, the amount of work and detail is incredible. I am not sure I would have the patience for that. We will send some cold weather your way, we have plenty of it!

kathyinozarks said...

I Loveeee your book! Happy Friday and weekend
Hugs Kathy

peppylady (Dora) said...

You got me wonder if you do other books for all holidays or celebration.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your book is fabulous. I love the red sticky tape, it's really good. But stitching would look good. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

carol l mckenna said...

Creative and fun Halloween book ~ well done!

Wishing you good health, laugther and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Shari Burke said...

OMG! This is fabulous! I love it--well done!

Heartbroken for Maine.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This book turned out great. I adore how you assembled it, too. Every page made me smile. Love it all.

You and my grandmother's sister (Aunt Betty) the medical doctor, was like you. She didn't believe no calcium between the joints was possible. However, the doctor who opened me swore by it.

MELODY JACOB said...

It seems interesting. Thanks for sharing
I have a new post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/10/how-to-style-modlily-navy-blue-dress.html
Have a lovely weekend

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow fabulous book! And thanks for the binding details, I see now it's the same as using paper but a ribbon looks so different and yes, stitching it would be better. Prayers for Maine, how horrible. Glad he has moved on in the truest sense. I only hope his surviving victims one day can recover. Amazing Halloween book, Brava! xoxo

Jeanie said...

Wow -- your book and the binding is very complicated. I love how it works out and all the images within are just incredible. Your style is just wonderful, Erika. I always enjoy your work.

Carola Bartz said...

Erika, this is a very cool book and perfect for Halloween. My favorite page is the last photo with the witch silhouettes in the cathedral. In the scrapbook store where I used to work many years ago we called the "red line tape" simply super sticky tape. Sometimes it's a pain to get off the backing, but when it's down it sticks forever.
We had frost the last two nights. I can't believe that we got frost before you did! Have a lovely weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done with your book ... it's great.

All the best Jan

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Super fun idea. This came out great. - Anne (Cornucopia)

Divers and Sundry said...

After what felt like months of no rain at all we're having day after day of light rain. And COLD!!!

I like Dorothy's style. The jack o lanterns are fun. I love your front cover. May I join your witch circle? :)