Friday, October 13, 2023

More Halloween

Hi everyone. Happy Friday. I hope you've had a lovely week since we've all last joined Nicole for her  Friday Face Off  and Gillena for her  Friday Lunch Break.

Since today is Friday the 13th, if you're superstitious, don't walk under any ladders or let a black cat cross your path. GRIN. 😏  

Today I have some more Halloween art to share. You might remember how last week I showed you some pages made on bingo cards. They weren't yet bound. Today my photos are an assortment of pages before I bound them and then a couple after  I used a long piece of ribbon to create a binding. I'm still finishing pages and binding them, so this book  is not yet complete.
My pages have LOTS of assorted faces too. 


This next photo is a bit crooked because the page is covered with an acetate image,  and that image created quite a glare in the light when I photographed it.


And here's a page with some gears that I will also be linking to Neet's In Gear challenge at Art Journal Journey. It's not a great photo because I didn't notice the scrap of white paper hanging out from under the bottom edge when I took my pictures.



To finish my post, let me show you how I decided to bind these cards together. Here's my uncompleted cover page. I used this postcard and backed it up with  a bingo card. In between the two I added some of this long black and white striped ribbon that you can see off to the left. 


I like this ribbon because it repeats the words Night Time, which of course is what Halloween is...All Hallows Eve.

Years ago there was a store near my Mother's house that sold discounted fabric trim. Everything was marked down, and the longer it sat on the shelf, the cheaper it became. I used to like to go there and see what I could find, and over time I managed to build a little collection. Besides this trim working well for binding my book, it is also good to actually use up  some of my stash.

And in my final page for this post, you can not only see the page, but you can see the ribbon on the left hand side of the bingo card. That ribbon is what holds/binds my book together. It's not a rigid binding, but it does hold the pages really well.


I'll share more in another post, and hopefully by next week my journal will be complete.  Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have a great weekend.










 

23 comments:

Tom said...

...have a spooktacular weekend.

Mae Travels said...

Interesting art work today! I enjoyed your creations.

Gillena Cox said...

WOW!!! thanks for sharing these amazing art at Art For Fun Friday

Much💛love

kathyinozarks said...

good morning, Loved your art today I never considered myself superstitious but I have never walked under ladders always in front of them smiles Lots of rain this morning with colder temps Happy friday

sirkkis said...

I see you like the Halloween theme 👻
Lots of scary and fun 😊
Happy weekend 🎃🧡

Jeanie said...

This book is fantastic. If we ever meet, I want to see this one in person, just for the texture and to really pour over your beautiful work. It's so well done, Erika. I love it.

CJ Kennedy said...

Very cool book. My favorite is the owl with the googly eyes. Chilly start to the morning. I hope it warms up a little.

Valerie-Jael said...

So much fun in your pages, they are all gorgeous! I love that ribbon, too, that's a good way to bind the books. Halloween is a fun time of year! Hugs, Valerie

Empire of the Cat said...

Oh fun Halloween pages and journal. I love them all, and I love how you are binding your book together. Is the white spider web the acetate? I found an old TH Halloween paper stash pad the other day and it had some in it. I also like how you used the gears, and that big 31. I don't walk under ladders because I don't want to get covered in paint lol. But I have no choice about black cats crossing my path since my cats are all black haha, but I think black cats are lucky so I'm OK with it. Have a lovely weekend xx

Neet said...

Ooh, Spooky Wooky pages! Love 'Em!
Love them all but I guess I should just comment on the page for my theme at AJJ - In Gear. Otherwise I'll be writing for ages.
That owl is great and I love the touch of the gears in the corners. Very tactile. Not sure if I am reading this right but the twine going up the right hand side has made a fantastic halloween type tree trunk. I love it. And it rests perfectly on that faint misty background.
Thanks for the binding instruction - and before I leave - have you noticed the girl's eyes in the last photo? Oh My!
Thanks for joining us again and Hugs, Neet xx

peppylady (Dora) said...

Spider looked like friendly.
Coffee is on.

DVArtist said...

Awwww... these are all amazing and so perfect for Friday the 13th. Thank you for joining FFO and have a nice day.

Angie's Recipes said...

Love the spider one! Excellent work, Erika.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful Halloween creations ~ favorite is the last one ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Christine said...

Fun pages Erika!

Iris Flavia said...

The moon looks scary indeed.
Ohhhh and THERE is Charlotte!
Mine is in her net, too :-)
The pumpkin sure is happy about his companion. Love the clocks in the corners, and the rope. Clever.

Suiting ribbon indeed. And those kids sure look scary!
To a great weekend (if only I wasn´t so tired!) Hugs

nwilliams6 said...

All of these are wonderful, Erika. Full of cool spooky details and techniques. The book you made is extra fun. I really like your gears, the cover of the book, and the spooky bits. Fun stuff. Hugz

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

They are all great, but I really love "stared at the shadow" and not just because it is great for Neet's theme, but because I like the background, the owl and the pumpkin the owl sits on. Thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ.

It finally hit me how you are binding the book and of course, I like the page with the TH children, too.

Rostrose said...

WOW, dear Erika, your Halloween book turned out really great, and the ribbon actually fits it perfectly! Sometimes all the existing pieces just fit together like a miracle. As for black cats: we lived with one for 19 years - I'm sure such cats are real lucky charms ;-)
Hugs and have a nice weekend, Traude
🍁🌻🍂 🌻🍁

Divers and Sundry said...

Spooky spider!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely Halloween art you've shared.
There is a lot of Halloween themed goodies in all of our shops at the moment.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well, that ribbon is perfect for a binding on a Halloween book. Good eye!
Your pages are Spooktacular, can't wait to see the completed book. Please photo the binding, so I can fully understand how you did it.
We're having great sunny cloudless weather and Honey had a welder's lens stashed away in his work souvenirs, so we got to see the eclipse! It was pretty cool, at it's fullest from where we were, it looked like one yellow rainbow at the top. I hope in April we can see a complete ring of fire. Good weekend to you, xoxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your pages will make a great book. I love those two looking right at home on your page, hugs, Chrisx