Sunday, October 8, 2023

The Leaves are Falling- Or Starting To

 Hi everyone. Happy new week. It's a Monday holiday here in the US, but  my husband has to work, as does my daughter, so it doesn't really seem like a holiday weekend to me. 😀

 Today I have  a tag for Tag Tuesday to share.  This time Valerie is hosting and her theme is The Colours of Autumn.   I'm with Valerie as I also  love the beautiful autumn colors.  

I added all the acorns to my tag  because there are a lot of oak trees around my house, and right now all I hear is the thumping of acorns as they fall from the trees and hit on the ground. 


I decided  to leave my tag white, and I started by stamping the lacey leaves with different autumn colors.  Then I stamped the little acorns. After that I splattered my page with some brown and orange watercolor paint, and  I stamped some brighter orange splatters with  a splatter image rubber stamp.  Finally I stamped the giant mighty oaks acorn and fussy cut that, as well as the small squirrel stamp. I used markers to color the squirrel. And then I finished my tag by stamping the quote and adding a few little confetti spirals.


I wish I had a quote that said acorns are falling rather than leaves are falling. Smile.


And the other day it was feeling like summer, and before they closed for the season, I visited my local botanical gardens. Here's a few early colors of autumn views.










I am also linking up to Gillena's Sunday Smiles.
Have a great end of your weekend and start to the new week. 









16 comments:

Tom said...

...it's windy here this morning and the leaves are flying!

Gillena Cox said...

I really luv the composition of your tag. And thanks for sharing the photos too.
Happy you linked to SundaySmiles

Much💛love

hels said...

What is the public holiday? And why do the botanical gardens close? I would rather go the gardens for a family picnic and excursion than going to work.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun tag. Love the Botanical Gardens photos, too. The weather/climate has turned my body into painful chaos. I am sure you understand.

Christine said...

Lovely tag and beautiful photos!

Angie's Recipes said...

Those shots of your local botanical garden are so beautiful! The Acorn Page is really lovely and would be great as a bookmark, Erika.

Jeanie said...

what beautiful trees. I love that -- and your tag is perfection.

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely tag and beautiful photographs.
Here in my part of the UK we have enjoyed a very nice sunny weekend.

Wishing you a good week ahead.

All the best Jan

Valerie-Jael said...

Love that gorgeous tag, Erika. Your lacy leaf stamp is beautiful, I,be never seen one like that! Acorns are falling fast here, too, and the leaves are starting to turn. Glad you enjoyed the botanical garden. Hugs, Valerie k

Divers and Sundry said...

Those fall garden scenes are lovely. What a nice outing that would make.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Quite a lovely tag, Erika. I feel your acorn pain. We have an oak tree in our front yard and they are all over our yard and walkways. Then when they get stepped on, quite a mess. I've been expecting to see an army of squirrels, but sadly, I think many died in the summer heat and drought. Those vent stack sculptures are very cool! Best wishes for a fab week, xoxo

Hels said...

I didn't think I would like the sight of trees losing their leaves in autumn. Australia's native trees are largely evergreen.

But the red-orange colours of the falling leaves are very gentle.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Oaks and acorns, and squirrels to gather them, seem a part of me reaching back as far as I can remember. When I was very young I read a book on the nutritional qualities of acorns and - quite fancifully of course - planned to make acorn soup. It never happened and never will, but of all the things in all the world oaks and acorns remain special above most other things. Thanks for this reminder! Hugs - David

Iris Flavia said...

Cute tag!
Autumn arrived here also.
Oh-ack.
Glad we can´t wish for weather, hugs...

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. Wishing you a happy day.

pinky said...

Super gorgeous tag Erika. I love your beautiful photos too. This is definitely the prettiest time of the year with mother nature. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky