Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Our New Challenge at TIOT

Hi everyone. Happy Tuesday, and if you celebrate, Happy Halloween. It's the last day of October, which for me has been a fun and busy month.

It's time for a new challenge at Try It on Tuesday. Thanks to everyone who joined our Halloween challenge, and thank you Pauline for being our guest designer.

Fall is in full gear in my area, and that inspired me to make my journal page for our new challenge.  That new challenge's theme is

Sparkle All The Way


I don't know how well all the sparkles photographed, but the background had some orange mica spray on some red paint. All the leaves are cut out of some orange sparkle paper, and the pumpkin, which was a die cut outline, was filled in with some orange glitter glue. And lastly, I die cut the trees out of some bronze sparkle paper. 

The words are cut from an old stamp that I stamped on some white paper. This image had lots of autumn words on it; the owl is a sticker I pulled of a page I started but didn't like enough to finish, and finally, everything else is pulled out of the scrap pile on my work table.

And don’t forget to check out the rest of the design team’s art. There’s lots of fun sparkly ideas.

You have 2 weeks to join our sparkle challenge at Try It On Tuesday. We hope with the darker days of November arriving you might enjoy some glitter to brighten them up. We accept all forms of art and hope you'll join us.

16 comments:

hels said...

We don't have Halloween and we don't have fall 🍂, but we do share a passion for orange, gold and glitter.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

There is an owl cruising in,so this piece is obviously a winner! Hugs - David

Tom said...

...it's raining leaves here.

Jeanie said...

Happy Halloween, Erika! I hope it's a fun one!

Christine said...

Lovely sparky page!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your sparkly autumn page, really gorgeous! One of my faves! And really full in gear! Hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful design! It's a fabulous way to celebrate Fall and I'm loving all the sparkly touches of glitter - perfect 😊. Happy November! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The trees and the pumpkin really sparkle. Great job.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely Autumn page, love the sparkly leaves and the glitter pumpkin. It's such a happy page
Avril xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

I like what you did with the buttons and staples and paper scraps. Lots of visible sparkle, too. No worries, xoxo

Viv said...

Brilliant Autumn page Erika and the sparkle is lovely! x

Divers and Sundry said...

Lovely Autumn sparkle :)

Joan said...

Fab page Erika, so many elements and sparkle ,love your use of the red buttons, they really set if the page

Joan

Meggymay said...

A fantastic autumn page Erika, the mica spray gives a super effect.
I'm enjoying my catch up. Hope all is well with you.
Yvonne x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is a beautiful make Erika, love the colours used and the owl flying above those golden tree's what a magical scene. Shimmer & sparkles are so hard to pick up in photo's but you managed so well. Beautiful creation.
Hugs Tracey x

Pia S said...

This glitters and shines in all the warm colors of autumn,I think it looks fantastic and I like how you used those buttons too.