Thursday, October 19, 2023

Her Gears Are Turning

Hi everyone. Happy Thursday to you.

Today I have a page that I am sharing with 2 challenges. First of all I am linking up to Neet's In Gear challenge at Art Journal Journey.   I am also linking up to Creative Artiste Mixed Media blog for their challenge #98. These challenges  at Creative Artiste are always mixed media, and always Anything Goes



I made my background by layering some various washi tapes. Then I embossed the gear image on some craft graph style paper. I fussy cut out the embossed part, and then I  rubbed  some brown ink over it to bring out the embossing.

I added this TH lady. She is a woman with some big ideas and the gears in her head are turning. I die cut the flasks and test tubes, and then I inked in the colored liquid. After that I added some doodles and some small little art dots (for lack of a better word) to the glassware to show some action going on. To finish, I die cut the light bulb at the top and the shine word. The shine word was colored with a silver Sharpie, and the light bulb was also colored with a Sharpie and then I added some yellow glitter glue to make it bright. 


Let's hope her big ideas come to fruition. I love  her expression as she looks serious but also like she's having fun, even if she doesn't want people to think she's having too much fun. 

Let me finish off my post with the last of my photos from the train trip  from North Conway (New Hampshire) to Crawford Notch that the hubby and I went on last Saturday. (You can see the other photos here set #1 and set #2 ).


While waiting in line to board the train I snapped a photo of my ticket, 
and here's this fun vintage display near where you boarded. Those pieces of luggage definitely seem awkward to move, especially compared to modern luggage. 


This greeter had obviously been waiting too long for the train to go by-ha ha.


And here's a couple of vintage New England house and barn scenes.



Here's the Saco (pronounced sock-o) river,


some colorful foliage,


and the back of my ticket. Number 6 was a funny addition. I wonder how many people even bothered to read it.


I zoomed in on this view because from the distance we were at, it looked a bit like a moose.  Sadly, it actually was just the root ball of an upturned tree.


A couple more shots like I like.



Looking down on the road as we made our way into the notch.


And finally, the money shot, one more view from on the mountain side looking back into the notch.


Thanks for visiting. 



15 comments:

Hels said...

The original New England house and barn still exist with plenty of surrounding land and trees. And no huge blocks of flats or businesses to block the beautiful blue sky.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I think she looks determined rather than serious. She is going to get the job done whatever it takes! Yesterday I led a nature walk and thirty-seven people registered and showed up for it. I am quite sure that is my biggest group ever and I had to use an outdoor mic. I think I will claim that as my own train! And we didn’t need luggage at all! Hugs - David

Iris Flavia said...

I love your lady! The idea I see coming up from the bubbles rising there in pink and blue!
Nice ticket. Ours was a page Ingo printed at home...
Am I happy I have a trolley with wheels!
Love the greeter, too, reckon Halloween is on the way, and oh, beautiful barn and houses.
Haha to #6!!!! LOL.
Hugs, have a great day.

Jeanie said...

She doesn't look like she's having fun to me! But you do, on your train trip. Oh, that's really beautiful. I think if I was in NH in the fall I would want to do this too!

Angie's Recipes said...

David was right, the lady looks determined and I am sure that she is going to make it whatever she wants to achieve.

Tom said...

...Erika, thanks for taking me along on your trip.

Christine said...

Creative page and I enjoyed the photos!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your journal page is beautiful, love the composition, it's one of my faves from you. And the photos are beautiful, I always love looking at photos. I have an old luggage case made of wood with metal bands. It's in the basement as I don't have room for it, but I can't let it go! Hugs!

Neet said...

Dedicated to her profession is how she looks to me. Obviously a scientist of some kind with those test tubes and the flasks that have the liquid bubbling away in them. You did a great job replicating the liquid bubbling.
Lovely background achieved with the washi tape and the gear forms a great backcloth to her head. She really does look determined to get on with the experiment as the gears turn in her head.
How envious I am of the train trip you and hubby took, especially seeing that greeter wave you on your way. Beautiful scenery, that view back is fabulous, what a great photo, but the ticket was the best. I loved point 5 to give everyone the great views but point 6 left me in some doubt. Imagine suddenly being asked to do that? "Right, everyone out you can chase the cows and you lot can chase the hobos." Brilliant!
Hugs, Neet xx
ps thanks for entering again at AJJ for my theme - nearly forgot - got so carried away shovelling coal.

Aimeslee Winans said...

A very nice collage page for AJJ, Erika, love the silver Shine. That's too bad that you did not get to evict a hobo, LOLOLOL. Should be part of the tour. :-) Happy Friday, xoxo

Caty said...

Absolutely Wonderful Art page Erika ! great details, and love the so beautiful result. Your tour may have been memorable, geat photograph and really amazing views. All a lovely adventure.
Great weekend, and big hugs,
Caty

Andree said...

A wonderful journal page. Your fabulous layering creates a great sense of depth. Lovely points of interest and super pops of colour.
Thank you for joining in with our October challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Divers and Sundry said...

Those scenic views! I wish train travel were more of a thing. If only we hadn't gone all-in on individual auto travel and designing everything around that :(

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous journal page and I like you were able to join two challenges at once, Thanks for sharing this with us using Neet's theme at AJJ.

Personally, I thought you got a LOT of money shots. That was a fabulous train trip.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love how you made this beautiful page. Your train trip looks interesting - any one of those tasks would surely have made it more so:-). Hugs, Chrisx