Monday, July 13, 2020

Art for You


Happy Monday everyone.  
Today I have quite a few pages of art journaling to share with you. I only spent one day making art last week as I pulled my happy place apart to clean and reorganize. I am still in the middle of that, but hope this week I can not only finish up my studio project but also have some art time. 
So my first view is from my When It's Hot summer journal for the challenge by the same name at Art Journal Journey,
I'm back to the beach for this page. My favorite part is background, which had some grey paint splattered on it, then gesso, and then some orange paint, twice. I then added these Art By Marlene punch outs. I drew the umbrella stand which is too fat, but it is what it is. With an orange background, what else could I add?
 And then I worked on my retirement book a bit more also.

 This first page began by adding a couple of stickers I pulled off my work computer. I have to return it later this week. (And I spend some time last week getting copies of all my "stuff" off of it, just in case I ever have a need for it.  Then I added the border, a stamped graph and another box of my periodic table.
This next page is it's mate.  I had an artist in class recently who liked to do some funny drawings on my board in between me using it, and this page has one of this pictures.


 And a few other things.
And a second spread you can see below. The left hand page was an ode to climbing to the third floor at least once every day. When we got the new school in 2004 we also got the worst stairwells.  Even the kids would huff and puff. Not sure why they were made with so many stairs.


The evolution of man image is carry a key (not my school key) and a piece of plastic I recycled by cutting in the shape to represent my outer door fob. 
The right side represents my view out of my classroom windows.


A couple of winters ago it was some geese that I photographed, but I would see everything from coyotes, turkeys, hawks, vultures, deer...  It was way to easy to get caught up on the wildlife or the students on the climbing course and not get a lot accomplished.
That's all for me. Hope you have a great week. 


10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not sure you intended it as such, but I will be singing "I can see clearly now" all day long because of your "Bright sunshiny day" reference. It's a fun page and I enjoyed it. It's also wonderful for your theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

I'm especially LOVING your retirement journal. It is personal to you, I realize, but it's fun to see how you and your classes have evolved over the years. Great companion pages and I am also a big fan of science (DUH)!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your summer page is great. And I think the sun-shade is good, they are always so flimsy and fall over easily, your one looks better! Nice retirement pages, too, great ideas there to remember your time at school. We always had lots of stairs at school, up and down all day, but good for the leg muscles! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

I like to be with your beach goddess at the beach, but today isn't much of a beach day. Your retirement journal is fun. I had a crush on a math teacher in 9th grade and would go into his classroom and leave drawings on the chalkboard. I wouldn't like the climb up the steep stairs,but your window is perfect for day dreaming. Enjoy your day today. Stay cool and dry

Stevenson Q said...

I really love scrapbook pages that have real items on it just like what you did with the keys and the parking ticket! It makes it a lot more personal and gives it a more grasp of the story it tells :) Super love this Erika!

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous artwork Erika and I do love your bathing beauty, although she doesn't look too happy about that starfish!
The pages from your retirement journal have some great wording images and it'll be lovely to look back on it.
Avril xx

R's Rue said...

😊

Jeanie said...

You've been busy! That first one really nails the theme!

Meggymay said...

Awesome journal pages Erika, it looks like you really enjoyed creating them. Its a super colourful beach scene for the AJJ theme and the bathing belle will be happy you added a parasol for her to get some shade.
The journal you are creating for your school memories looks great as well.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

Fun memories - these journal pages are delightful and so a part of your great history. I loved looking at them and the fun things you captured!

Love your beach page - she has a body more like mine and seems to be having a lot of fun! Super happy colors and designs.

Hugz

craftytrog said...

A lovely sunny page, and great retirement art too! xx