Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Farmer's Market


Hi everyone.  I'm here today with another inspiration page for Art Journal Journey.  This month think about When It's Hot, anything hot that is. So even if you are shivering in a cold place maybe a warm cup of tea or coffee would warm you up.

I've made a little album of pages for this challenge. This one is a little different from some. I left my background white and stamped a bunch of leftover pink paint into polkadots. I also used some fruit and veggie stamps I had. This time I colored the stamps with water based markers  (Farber-Castell Pitt Pens) and then stamped them on the page. 
Funny, I wanted to do a harvest fruit and veggie page for this challenge, but I didn't think of farmer's Markets which often are happening in the nice weather, at least here in the US. I haven't been to any this year with this virus around, but in my cleaning I pulled out a set of older Hero Arts stamps and the farmer's market bag stamp was in the set. I actually bought the stamps because they had a cool vintage style rooster stamp, but I didn't want to use it here as it reminded me too much the Asian wet markets where this virus arose.
So I stamped the bags 3 times and added a couple of chipboard images to finish it off. 

So I originally planned to go visit my Mom today as you can now schedule outdoor patio visits. I haven't seen her since February, with the Covid-19 virus and even more so the fact that she caught it.  But those weather people are saying the potential of strong thunderstorms. As much as I want to visit Mom, to drive 2+ hours each way  and maybe not be able to sit outside and spend time with her, I've had to reschedule to next Monday. Keep your fingers crossed the weather improves by then. 

 Happy middle of the week!




17 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Your farmer's market page would make a great print for a farmer's market bag. So fun to wander through. All the fresh fruit and veggies and the unique crafts you sometimes find. Too bad you couldn't go visit your mom today. The 7 day forecast for the Woo shows Partly cloudy 7/25, 7/26 Isolate Thunderstorms Mon 7/27, Scattered Thunderstorms 7/28 - 730, Partly Cloudy 7/31. Hope the weather dudes are wrong and you can have a nice weather day and visit with your mom. Stay cool.

Valerie-Jael said...

What a yummy page, so pretty, love it. Sorry you have to postpone the visit to your Mom, hope you can soon see her again. Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

As nice as it would have been to visit with your mom after such a long time, Erika, it's wise to postpone when bad weather is forecast. Luckily, we have missed any rain in nashua, NH today except for some early morning sprinkles. Glad to read your mom is doing well and hopefully your planned visit will meet with better weather next week.

kathyinozarks said...

Hoping you will be able to visit your Mom soon Love your journal page-happy wednesday Kathy

Himawan Sant said...

Hopefully you can meet your mother soon and all is well.
The fruit of the farmer's motives gives enthusiasm to produce a better harvest.
Greetings, Erika.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This was CLEVER, Erika. It is not something I would have thought of, but you are correct. Farmer's Markets are only open through the harvest. It was a very clever entry, and I was very impressed with all that coloring. This turned out great. Thanks for yet another inspiring entry using your theme at Art Journal Journey.

Here's hoping you will be able to visit your mother next week. I have fingers and toes crossed for your visit.

Iris Flavia said...

Love your page and hope to go to the farmer´s market soon, too.
And much more I hope you can visit your Mom!!!

craftytrog said...

I love your strawberry page Erika, they're the best thing about the summer. Sadly the birds got most of our garden ones this year.
Hope you can go and visit your mum soon.
Alison xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I hope for sunny warmer days coming your way soon Erika so you can spend some precious time with your dear Mom. Love your farmers market page, something I really miss visiting, no matter the weather the temptation of freshly picked fruit and veg always draws me in.
With a free weekend ahead, i've ear marked some creative time yayyyy!!
Stay safe Hugs Tracey xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Erika, this is such a happy page and conjures up days out spent browsing round food stalls and trying samples - all of which have been put on hold with Covid19.
Hope your weather improves by next week and you get to visit your Mom - this virus has a lot to answer for.
Have a great week, Hugs, Avril xx

Caty said...

Ohh Your Art journal page is absolutelly Gorgeous Erika !! I loooove it, the straberries are my joy always. the flowers are so beautiful, wonderful stamps and details. Hoppefully Your Mom is save, and I hope the weather will be fine so you could visit her next week.
I wish you a very nice day, and weekend, stay well, and big hugs
Caty

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great nice journal page with the fruits. I also go to a farmers' market every week with distance rules and a mask requirement. It works well.
I hope for you that next week the weather is good to finally visit your mother after such a long time.
Have a good day, hugs Elke

Jeanie said...

I hope you get to see your mom soon. I can see why you had to cancel but that's too bad. Hopefully weather will hold for next time.

Love the page. I miss going to the farmers market so much.

Lowcarb team member said...

I always enjoy Farmers Markets, I love your page :)

Definitely keeping my fingers crossed for the weather to improve and you are able to visit your Mom.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

So sorry you did not get to visit your mom - fingers and toes crossed for your visit to take place next week.
Love your journal page - reminds me of the lovely farmer's markets I used to visit with my friend in LA. We do have them over here in the UK but not to the extent that I think you do. Love the stamp you got in the set and it works perfectly with the fruit and veg in your page. Your little red dots remind me of cherries for some reason. It is a happy page and so reminiscent of lovely warm days.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

First of all I hope you get to visit with your mom soon, you must be really looking forward to seeing each other.
Its a fabulous page, farmers markets are super to visit here as well , they have a lovely atmosphere, no rush and plenty of good choices can be made.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous Summer page! Love the fresh colours! I hope you get to visit your Mom soon! Hugs, Chrisx