Saturday, July 11, 2020

Clouds

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far.
We're having some heavy rains today as there a is tropical storm moving close by to our west. It's a good day to get some indoor things done, like maybe finish up some studio reorganization. Or maybe just read a good book. I shall see how ambitious I get.

And I have another page for Art Journal Journey and the When It's Hot challenge today.
When the weather is warm, it is nice to relax outside and watch the world go by. One thing I like to watch is the big fluffy cumulus clouds. (Not today with this rain.) It is something I used to do with my grandmother when I was  a little child, and I still like to do it today. 
What shapes can you see in the clouds I drew?


\I sprayed my page with a light spray of Dina Wakely spray paint. Then I drew the chair (the back of an Adirondack ) and colored it red. The quote is an ancient stamp I just love (can't remember who made it) that I stamped and cut apart to fit on my page. And then I painted some clouds and outlined them.

Not much else exciting going on here.  My daughter is due home tonight as tomorrow is suppose to be nice and she wants to go for a boat ride with us. Thanks for stopping by to visit.


12 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page made me smile. I love watching clouds and looking for pictures in them. Like the whale, elephant, and giant ice cream cone. on your page. Enjoy the day with your daughter.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a clever idea, Erika. I would never have considered this when I was deciding on your theme at Art Journal Journey this month. You have created a surprising and fun new journal page. Thanks for the inspiration.

Have fun on the lake with your daughter tomorrow. Sounds like a great weekend in your world. Hope the tropical storm passes you by.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention, I bet you're glad the Pres cancelled (oops, postponed) his trip to Portsmouth and I suspect you are glad you don't have to go there to teach classes. It will be another HOT SPOT like Tulsa after he leaves.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, especially for me, as cloud watching is always my fave pastime. Love the quote, too. Have a nice day, take care! Hugs, Valerie

R's Rue said...

❤️

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love to see shapes in the clouds, but clouds fascinate me wherever we are! I love these that you have drawn on your fabulous page! I see a whale, an elephant and a sheep from an overhead view!! Have lovely time on your boat, Hugs, Chrisx

The Padre said...

Brilliant

Iris Flavia said...

Sweet, sweet memories and what I see is only partially for kids ;-)
To a fun time with your daughter :-)
Ahhh, a boat ride! Wonderful!

Lowcarb team member said...

That's lovely, it's fun to see the shapes that clouds make.

Enjoy time with your daughter.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

We're having BIG winds and quite a temp drop. Maybe it's going your way. Take care and hope the time with your daughter is a good one.

Divers and Sundry said...

Cloud-watching is a peaceful activity and brings back fond memories. I like the idea of clouds at play :)

Meggymay said...

A fantastic inspiration page for your AJJ theme. I often used to cloud watch and look for animal shapes.
I hope you had a lovely visit with your daughter,
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx