Saturday, July 4, 2020

Happy July 4


Hi everyone! 
Today is the birthday of the USA. Wishing all of you in the US a Happy Fourth of July!  And happy weekend to everyone else.

Since it is summer in the US, it is often a hot day to celebrate this holiday.. So I created this page in my summer journal and I am sharing it with you today for the When It's Hot challenge at Art Journal Journey.
I made my summer journal page by inking the background and stamping some red fireworks. I left the white spaces to create a red, white and blue abstract background. Too bad there aren't any fireworks this year (at least in my area) because of the virus, but I bet that will make the dogs happy.  And all those holiday parades, cook outs, and other celebrations will certainly not be the same this year, if they are even going on.

Then I added this image I cut out of a piece of 12 x 12 scrapbooking paper. The rest of the page is made with some bits and pieces from the stash: the TH found relative girl, a number 4 sticker, some little gold sunflowers and finally this red, white and blue gemstone banner designed item.

It's kind of sad for me that this year the holiday won't be the same, as this is the biggest holiday of the year for my husband's family. Usually we all go up to my mother-in-law's home on a little lake, but because we can't all social distance, and since my husband is immunosuppressed because of his kidney transplant, we have to be extra careful.  So my husband and his sister figured out who gets go go spend the day on the lake which day of the weekend.. Our day was yesterday when it was raining. We're hoping we can negotiate Sunday since the weather might be a big better then. But if not. there will be next year when hopefully things will be a little more normal at least.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! And enjoy your weekend!



17 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Holiday celebrations will certainly be different than the traditional celebrations the little miss on your page is attending. I bet lots of puppers will be happy the fireworks have been cancelled this year. Though the past couple of weeks we've been hearing fireworks going off even though they are illegal here. And maybe you'll be able to get to your MIL and the lake later in the week when the weather is supposed to be better. Take care and Happy 4th! 🎆🎇🧨✨

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your beautiful journal page, and wish you and yours a very happy weekend. It's surely hard not to be able to meet up with family and friends this time, but let's hope next year will be better for all, just now we need to keep safe. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Barbara said...

Very attractive art! This year is different for everyone, but we will get through if we are very careful.

Elkes Lebensglück said...


A great fantastic journal for the holiday with you!
It's a shame that you can't celebrate it with each other like last year.
I wish you a happy 4th of July anyway and a nice weekend, hug Elke

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Have a Safe & Happy $th of July on Any Day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a fabulous page Erika, I love the happy looking dog, although it is sad that the usual celebrations can't take place! I hope you enjoy your weekend whatever you do! Hugs, Chrisx

Eileen Bergen said...

I love your patriotic page, Erika. You are hot woman! Four pages for AJJ already. That's a page a day! Are you trying for 31? Hugs, Eileen

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great artwork for the day. I'm sorry it was raining for your turn to visit the house on the lake yesterday. We've been getting a little rain each day here in CT, which is a relief for my plants and the D0 drought we were in. Happy Fourth of July!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Erika, I completely forgot about the little TH paper doll with the flag. I colored one last year, and I LOVE what you have done to inspire us this time using your theme at Art Journal Journey. It looks like the perfect weekend, and I see you've even included a dog to go with the fireworks and sunflowers. This is precious and so much fun.

Sorry about your day with your MIL at the lake getting cancelled. I know it was a disappointment for your husband and you. I hope you get to go tomorrow. I was going to cook veggies in my chiminea, but it's too hot, so I'll eat something cold under the AC and binge on TV shows. Hope you have a wonderful 4th, dear friend.

R's Rue said...

😀

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Erika, and hope that you will be able to get back to the lake perhaps this weekend on a non-rainy day. Also, hope that your 4th celebration was enjoyable. Certainly we all need to be safe and hope you and your husband continue to be well.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Erika, I hope I managed to say *Happy 4th July* before it's over? Being in the UK i'm rubbish with time difference in other parts of the world. I really hope the weather is good for you and you can go spend the day by the lake (fingers crossed).
Love your Independence day piece, great choice of image with the dog in the back of the pick up. There will be many more firework days to come here's wishing to safer times coming real soon.
Hugs Tracey xx

Jeanie said...

What a fabulous piece of art, Erika. I like it as well if not more than just about anything Ive seen this season.

I'm sorry your Fourth didn't pan out right. I hope you can switch days. If you get our weather moving east, it's 90s and sunny for this weekend and well into next week. I hope you get some of that.

craftytrog said...

Great page, happy 4th July Erika!
Alison xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Covid-19 has put a damper on the whole summer here, as every single event has been first postponed 'til the fall and now cancelled completely. A real shame. I'm glad you get some time at the lake.

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! I love the vintage style and how it celebrates 4th of July - perfect 😀. I hope your having wonderful celebrations with your family this weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

I hope you enjoyed your 4th July celebrations Erika. This is a fantastic place and it was a great image to use for the special day.
Yvonne xx