Monday, July 6, 2020

T Stands for Different Kind of July 4th Picnic

Hi everyone. Happy Tuesday.  Today I have a lot to share in my post.

I'll start with this page in the little journal I've made for this month's Art Journal Journey When It's Hot challenge.


Most of this page is a painting, except for the quote that I stamped and the black lines I drew in. Oh and the sails on the sailboat which I created with some little triangles of white paper and a black pen. I painted the sky, water and the sun. After painting the sun with acrylic paints I took some mica watercolors and gave it a coat, which you can see the bit of a shen it created.

I thought this page will fit almost perfectly for my T day post. (Be sure to stop by  Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog   to join us with your drink related photo.)

When we woke up on July 4th, it was a beautiful day. So my husband and I packed our lunch and went for a little cruise in my husband's boat.

We cruised out to the beach where we anchored and sat for a couple of hours having a relaxing lunch.

Our picnic lunch  included some of this bottle of pre-mixed margaritas.


This is the best way to bring it on the boat, even if homemade ones are better.


This is my drink to share with you for T.
We also packed some homemade chicken salad, chips, and some little packages of cookies.



Maybe not  a lobster roll or a romantic picnic, but it still tasted yummy.

We also brought the dogs with us. The pups love boat rides.
Maddie found a good place to take her nap. You can see we are at the beach area with many other folks having the same idea.


We have to travel 6 miles down a river (The Piscataqua) in order to reach the ocean. That river has a really bad current during tide changes, one of the fastest in the country. So while we boat on the river the dogs need their life jackets so we could scoop them out of the water faster should they go overboard.



They always look so cute in their life jackets and they also had on flag bandanas to celebrate the July 4th holiday.

And let me share a few more boating photos with you.
The day started sunny, but as we enjoyed our lunch, the fog rolled in.
It makes such a dramatic view.






After awhile we got sick of the fog and turned around and went back up the river. As we moved inland we eventually lost the fog and the sun came back out.


But even that didn't last too long. After we pulled the boat out of the water and were cleaning it, the fog rolled in up river, and then it seemed to follow us all the way home. 

Explains the foggy and wet weather we had overnight.

Thanks for visiting.
Have a happy T day too.

25 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Erika, that's so cool that your dogs enjoy going on the boat-a great family outing. Enjoyed seeing all the photos. fog always looks cool over water.
Loved your mixed media page for the theme too. I haven't decided what to create for that yet.
Margaritas are my favorite mixed drink-the already made in a bottle sounds perfect for your outing. Happy T hugs Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful post! Love the gorgeous journal page, and of course, the photos from your boating celebration. Looks like you all had BIG fun! And good food and drinks, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

I love your painting very much and all the "rest", too!
Friends of ours (in Perth) had a boat and it was such fun. Our river Oker allows a kajak only ;-)
Happy T-day!

Mae Travels said...

You are lucky to live near the sea. It looks like such a beautiful boat ride.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Meggymay said...

Your 4th July trip on the boat sounds lovely and those photos were good to see. The picnic sounded and looked delicious, it was a shame that the fog was bad. I think the photos I really loved were of the dogs in their life jackets, they both seem so content to be on the boat with you.
Happy T day wishes, stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Meggymay said...

I think I forgot to say your journal page looked fantastic, the sail boat looks super and its perfect for your AJJ theme
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great artwork. Looks like you had a nice, cool Fourth of July out on the water. It's great that you have life jackets for your dogs. I love fog rolling in on the water. Happy T-Day!

Marjut said...

Lovely page!

Barbara said...

Very nice little boat graphic! You squeezed a lot of techniques into that. Foggy boating is an experience, but keeping an eye on direction was hard years ago in our big bay, we didn’t stray far from shore.

Jeanie said...

These are terrific photos. But first, that piece today -- it should be framed. With or without the quote. Boy, did that pull me in, instantly. Simple, clean, and so summery.

It looks like a great day -- I haven't been on a boat in ages and it looks such fun. Love your sweet dog!

Linda Kunsman said...

How I love this post- from your beautiful journal page to the yummy food to the boat ride. Even the fog wouldn't bother me. How wonderful to get out on the water! Good for you to put the life jackets on the pups too;) Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love that hot, beaming sun! A boat trip would be such a treat :) and a picnic, too! Your chicken salad lunch has me decided to make some for lunch today before my celery goes bad. Happy T Tuesday

craftytrog said...

Great photos and I absolutely love your simple page Erika! Love that cute pic of Maddie relaxing on the boat too!
Alison xx

Halle said...

Love the journal you created. Your boat day picnic sounds like it was fantastic. I love that your dogs wear life jackets. :)
Happy T day!

Lisca said...

Thank you for taking us with you on your boat ride. I really enjoyed it. A shame the fog came in. I love the photos of the dogs in their colorful life jackets.
Your margherita drink looks very nice. It's very hot here and just looking at the ice cubes cools me down.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Lowcarb team member said...

The dogs definitely do look cute :)
Loved your photographs.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

PS Also meant to say, love your page and quote too :)

All the best Jan

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page and it looks like you had a wonderful picnic! Those margaritas look so yummy too. The photos of the pups made me smile and I'm glad you had fun on the boat 😁. Sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the page you made to fit in with your boat trip! Fog is not so good though, the downside of being near the coast I suppose! Your picnic looks like my kind of picnic! The dogs certainly look as though they are enjoying their outing too! Happy T Day! Chrisx

CJ Kennedy said...

Sounds like you had a perfect day on the water. I love your lunch choice especially the Famous Amos. And the puppers do look cute in their life jackets. Glad you had a fun weekend. Take care and Happy T Day

Sharon Madson said...

Guess what? I am back to tea! :)
A picnic cruise! How fun is that? I am so envious! Lovely views even with the fog. So cool that you have life jackets for your doggies to keep them safe! Lovely artwork! Happy t Day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm finally back online. Thanks for joining this week's T party. You didn't need to add the asterisk this week, but next week we will use Inlinkz because you can remove your link and start over again if you forget the asterisk. Be sure to use ONLY your name in the "caption" and not your blog post, please.

I love seeing your trips on the water. I had NO idea dogs needed life jackets, too. That was news to me. Enjoyed seeing your chicken salad and chips. I made salmon salad for dinner tonight. Of course, I didn't have a margarita (grin). Thanks again for joining in for T this Tuesday.

Eileen Bergen said...

Beautiful page, Erika! Your picnic on the baot sounds like fun. The dogs look so cute in their jackets and patriotic bandanas

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Eileen Bergen said...

Beautiful page, Erika! Your picnic on the baot sounds like fun. The dogs look so cute in their jackets and patriotic bandanas

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Neet said...

See what you learn - `I never knew dogs had lifejackets for them. Makes good sense now I read about the current of the river. How fabulous to see them enjoying the breeze like that. They certainly do look grand in their neckers! Sounds like an ideal day - lucky you - and I love a Margarita! Not had one since my last trip to America so I think it is about time I had a go at making one at home. Got the Tequila.
Your little journal page is adorable. I love how you have just painted it in the centre like that, it is perfect. Those tiny sails are so cute and I just love the whole piece.
Hugs, Neet xx