Friday, July 31, 2020

Thank You

Happy Friday everyone. Today I can say that not only did the week fly but also that the month flew by also.

Today's my last day as hostess at Art Journal Journey, and the last day for the When It's Hot challenge.  It's been a fantastic month of art, and I am sending a BIG thank you to all of you who joined in the fun. I always love seeing how people interpret a challenge, and there were some wonderful creative takes!

So today I want to share the cover I made on my  journal. For some reason, I had a hard time getting the photo to come out with the right colors digitally.


I think it is the bright colors I used. First of all, the sun looks  green, and the only way I could get the sun to be even a hint of yellow was to bleach out the bright orange felt background.  And the spray splotches are blue and green, but here they look all green. And the sequins are bright orange. I think they look rathery coppery.  Sometimes these color adjustments just don't want to work.
Well I am ending the month with a bust, not a bang.


But I do have one more page with the right colors to show you.

A bouquet for you in thanks.

I hope everyone had a wonderful month of July, and I'll see you next month.




14 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

This month did go by fast and I enjoyed counting the days through your journal. I learned in an astronomy class that the sun is classified as a G2 type star and is on the yellow-green color spectrum.

Valerie-Jael said...

It's been a fun month, thank YOU for picking such a great theme. It's strange that colours sometimes change like that, but anyway, I'll take your word for it, it's lovely cover, and the floral page is gorgeous too. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy Friday! Thanks so much for being such a fabulous host over at AJJ this month and all your kind comments 😁. You chose such a great challenge theme and I really enjoyed taking part! Your final pages are beautiful, love the vibrancy of the hot colours - perfect! Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Mae Travels said...

Sometimes the days seem to go by at a snail's pace. Then suddenly -- it's the last day of July. The summer is more than half over. The nightmare of confinement and fear continues.

But your colorful art is comforting!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

It was such a good theme, Erika! Isn't it funny how colors work together and change? That always intrigues me.

Iris Flavia said...

Irony. It´s getting finally hot here!
Thank you, you and the other participant´s works made "no hot summer" easier!

kathyinozarks said...

This month did go by really fast. great pages and your topic was perfect for this Hot month hugs

Eileen Bergen said...

Too bad you couldn't get a photo with true colors. But I used my imagination to change the colors to what you describer. I hope you show us the whole book sometime. I don't mean page by page, but how it looks as a whole.

When I can't get a decent colored photo, I take a scan (unless the page it too big). The scanned colors are always true.

Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Eileen

Words and Pictures said...

Funny about that colour balance thing - but I rather like the sunshine in lime green - it's certainly original! The bouquet is beautiful. I've been seeing the entries all around for your fabulous summer theme so although I didn't manage to join in myself, I've been enjoying the results.
Alison x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I hate it when the camera doesn't 'see' the correct colours!! It looks fabulous anyway and not only am I thanking you for the beautiful bouquet but for a month of Sunny weather! It's been a fun month! Hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have been a remarkable host, dear Erika. Not only have you performed your administrative duties, but your hosting has been over the top. I loved the theme and I applaud you for all the wonderful entries you have created. Thank you beyond belief for being such a great host.

I don't think your cover photo was a bust. It was just color compensated and we all have those problems at times. Believe me, because it happens to me a LOT. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cover and your lovely page of flowers and gratitude, too. See you next month.

Meggymay said...

Hi Erika, I'm late catching up as usual these days, this was another fabulous page foe your theme.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the texture in your "when it's hot" piece. And I like the colors as they are lol, but it is frustrating when I can't get colors to show up on the screen the way they look to my eye.

Lowcarb team member said...

Didn't July whizz by!

Hope you've had a great weekend.

All the best Jan