Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Summertime

Hi everyone. The last 2 weeks have flown by, and I want to thank everyone who joined in the Book Page challenge at Try It On Tuesday
Now it's time for a new challenge.

SUMMERTIME

I'm not sure my inspiration page is really just for summer, but the beach certainly is a nice place to visit in the summer. And maybe, if you swim out far enough (to stay cool of course, and you would most likely not do that in the colder seasons ) you just might meet one of these mythical creatures.


I am very happy my camera actually caught the glistening effect I create on my mermaid.
The mermaid and quote are images from Crafter's Companion, Molly Harrison. I also used a Hero Arts stamp on the bottom, stamping it a couple of times to fill the page.And I used 3 colors of gelatos and then a wet brush to create the ocean.

 Be sure to check out the other design team art as there are some beauties. 

And since the latest challenge at Art Journal Journey is When It's Hot, I am linking up my page to that challenge also. If you have made an art journal page, whether loose, bound, hand done or digital, think about joining us there also. (OK, enough advertising for that.)

Thanks so much for visiting. And I can't wait to see your Summertime art!



20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page Erika. I wouldn't mind being a mermaid when the weather is hot! Nice idea! Love the sparkles, too. Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

Turns out making waves ain't all it's cracked up to be ;) but being a mermaid might make it worthwhile :) Lovely scene!

CJ Kennedy said...

The beach certainly is the place to be this week with the heat. Awesome mermaid and so cool how the camera picked up the shimmer. Break in the humidity today. Enjoy!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a gorgeous page! The mermaid looks stunning with all her shimmer and shine - so beautiful 😁. Take care and wishing you a lovely week! Hugs, Jo x

Helen said...

Beautiful mermaid Erika! And love those sea corals at the bottom!!! Happy Summer!! ((HUGS)) Helen

Meggymay said...

A magical page Erika and fantastic sea themed page for the Summertime TioT theme and for your AJJ theme as well. I love the glimmer effects you got in the hair and the tail of the mermaid.
YVonne xx

Barbara said...

Very pretty and whimsical! No summertime art here. I’ve been painting snow to feel cooler. NJ heat wave will go to 105 real feel today. Ugh!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your mermaid is sparkly and magical and I'm sure she is loving those bubbles! Mermaid hunting is definitely a Summer activity!! I love the sea bed! Hugs, Chrisx

Linda Kunsman said...

that mermaid is a beautiful stamp image and you created a gorgeous scene- the glitter and coloring is wonderful Erika!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely summertime art ...
Your mermaid looks great.

Enjoy your week.

All the best Jan

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This is so lovely. Have a great crafty week. Hugs, Angela xXx

Jeanie said...

Your camera nailed it! And so did you!

The Padre said...

Fantastic Shot - Such A Cool Mermaid - Thanx For Sharing

Cheers

Iris Flavia said...

I got an earworm now!

And I met mermaids in "real" life :-)
Thank you for the art and memory!

craftytrog said...

I love your beautiful mermaid Erika, great page! xx

Marjut said...

What a gorgeous page! I love the mermaid!

Mrs.B said...

Your mermaid looks so magical surrounded by the sparkly bubbles and I love the 'sea' background. Mermaids are definitely a summer vision as far as I'm concerned.
Avril xx

Neet said...

I can't think of a better way to stay cool in the hot weather than being a mermaid and wrapping oneself in a bubble.
What a fabulous idea this is and what a beautiful page you have made. Gorgeous images and lovely colours, and of course, the glitter. Oh to be a mermaid and swim about in the cool water each day. I don't think this one ever lured sailors and caused shipwrecks.
Hugs, Neet xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Another fabulous page Erika I love your train of thought behind it. How wonderful it would be to be a Mermaid especially during lockdown, oh the freedom. Nice addition of sparkle, she's a very beautiful image i'm not even going to look to keep away the temptation hee hee..
Thanks for the inspiration over @ TioT Hugs Tracey xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have NO Idea how I missed this post. She's a real beauty and has lots of stories she could tell, I'm sure. She is certainly capable of staying cool in this heat. Thanks for another inspiring piece of mixed media beauty at Art Journal Journey using your theme.