Thursday, July 30, 2020

Welcome to Your New Hampshire Vacation


Hi everyone. Today I am back with some more pages from my journal for  the When It's Hot challenge at Art Journal Journey.  The challenge is almost over, and it's been great month. 

I've enjoyed all the entries by so many talented people.

So today we're trying to escape the heat by taking a road trip. I'm not sure New Hampshire is a cool place to visit as it is quite  hot here right now, but since we have mountains, lakes and a bit of seacoast, it's not a bad place to visit and find a cool spot. Of course, you might want to wait until after Covid-19 has passed.

I started with this page (on the top) where I used some Art by Marlene punch outs. Travel trailer camping is always popular, but this year in particular.  I personally like the VW convertible bug. Not sure it could pull a trailer but  I think it makes a fun page.

And so to help you plan your traveling vacation, here;s a map to make it a little easier.


My pages today are taking you to the seacoast and lakes region that I know best. 
Now I am not a surfer, but if you are, or just like watching people surf, you could start at the seacoast.


Maybe you'd rather sail or just watch the sailboats from the shore.


But to keep the sand out of your shoes, I suggest you wear flip flops. Or at least some sandals.


And after your days at the seashore you could head inland to the Lakes Region.  A cottage on the lake or a spot for your travel trailer on one of the many lakes would be a nice choice.



And at sunset you could sit on the dock with a margarita and watch the sky turn colors.


And maybe if alcoholic drinks aren't your thing, you could have a glass of refreshing lemonade.


And after the sun sets, put on a bit of mosquito repellant and watch the fireflies.

All this while you sit next to a campfire.



I'm a little partial, but hope you have a good trip.




18 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Sign me up! I love your travel ads, especially for the beach, and would come right away, except coronavirus.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Lots of New Hampshire areas to choose for a vacation. Anywhere by water would be a good place to be when it's hot as the past 2 weeks. I think I would like to sit by water and watch the waves or maybe the sailboats. Stay cool

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I enjoyed this travel through NH, Erika, hopefully you will be able to take some actual road trips. We would like to as well.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, your pages are all totally fantastic. It's been a fun month at ALL with you. Hugs, Valerie

Barbara said...

Wonderful art to celebrate a great state! I’m sure it’s not as hot there as in NJ. I’d head your way in a heartbeat if I could. Your pages are colorful and terrific. I especially like your waves, clouds, swimmer with a tube, fireflies and campfire. I’m not ever an eager traveler, but I always feel New England calling!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Erika, what a great tour guide you would make.. I feel ready and raring to go on that road trip now but lets wait a little longer until this rubbish called Co-vid 19 does one!! I've always got my flip flops at the ready!!
Really happy to have made it this month, it wasn't looking hopeful mid way, I've really enjoyed what i've saw although I think the new blogger has hidden many from me but you've been a magnificent host.
I hope you too get that road trip soon and sit by that cosy camp fire watching firefly in the midnight sky *sigh*
Wishing you a super weekend, take care Hugs Tracey xx

Lowcarb team member said...

All are fabulous.
The times the children, when young used, to ask "are we there yet?"

Enjoy these last days of July.

All the best Jan

Elkes Lebensglück said...

*wow* I'm excited Erika!!!
These are wonderful art pages and wonderful your summer inventiveness with the trip. Your imagination has no limits and I love to be allowed to take this trip.
I also enjoyed your topic thank you for being the host!
Take care and stay healthy
Greetings Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow Erika. I want to take a trip to New Hampshire. It sounds like there would be so much to do there ad you have documented it so well. You have definitely given us a look at what we could do in your state and it would be so much fun to follow your trail. I love how you drew all those things you can do in your state. These are super and you have great skills. Thanks for yet another wonderful entry using your theme at Art Journal Journey, dear friend.

Meggymay said...

Wow Erika this is an awesome post. All the journal pages are fantastic and it was a super way you linked them all with the story.
I can relate to the trip away with the trailer[caravan] and have missed our away times this year.
I have loved all the summer inspiration pages you have created this month.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

Your NH journal is so much fun. I spent a lot of time looking at every page -- so many fun details. I love the cover, map, "go jump in the lake" and the surfing pages and especially the campfire. I think you covered it all!

Eileen Bergen said...

Wow - 11 pages in one post! I'm really impressed. I bet you met your goal of 31 pages for the month. They're all fantastic. I love the VW pulling the camper trailer and the phrase "Are we there yet." Boy, does that bring back memories. Hugs, Eileen

Words and Pictures said...

There's something so fresh and delightful about that first page, Erika - the little caravan and open-topped car are charming, and the green spray brings the whole page to life.

Lovely to see all your "road trip" pages - a great collection. I'm not a surfer, but I love to swim in the sea. Not so sure about lakes... I don't like the mud between my toes!
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Hope that long comment got through...
Ax

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! If this is New Hampshire we are going to have a great time! Love these pages Erika! Hugs, Chrisx

Divers and Sundry said...

Each piece a treat, and now you have me convinced New Hampshire is the place to be :)

craftytrog said...

Lovely holiday themed pages Erika! xx