Sunday, July 12, 2020

In the Sea


Hi everyone. I have just about completed my summer journal with a hot theme for Art Journal Journey. This month I am hosting and I picked the theme When It's Hot. 
. Did I mentioned I bought a 2 ring binder journal that came with 20 pages of watercolor paper in it? The paper is nice and thick so I can work on both sides. I've made 37 pages so far So you'll be seeing pages from me (most likely) every day this month.
I live in a great place. I am on the southern end of what is called The Lakes Region of my state of New Hampshire, and I also live about 30 minutes away from the ocean.  In the summer when it can get hot, life is really about water which is not far away. Good thing I am a Pisces.  Smile.
So my page today has an ocean theme.  
I started by inking my page with 2 colors of water based ink. A little water spray gave it a watery look. Then I stamped the cool circle of fish and added a few more fish. Then I used one of the seahorses in the Art By Marlene punch out image book. I used an old tape roll and some white paint to stamp the circles; I stamped the quote also. And finally I made a spiral around the fish with some Stickles glitter glue.
That's all for me today. My hives are bad and all over my body- I am so itchy!!!! I need to shut off my immune system, at least that part of it.

Have a great rest of your Sunday and start to your week.



13 comments:

Barbara said...

Wonderful composition, feels cool!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I adore this page Erika! The fish swimming around the seahorse may make her dizzy but I think they look fantastic! I think I would guess I would find you by the sea in Summer! Hugs, Chrisx

kathyinozarks said...

I love your page!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

First, Erika, I am SO sorry to read your hives have returned. Not a good time for that to happen. I hope you are able to take care of it, dear.

I was surprised the fish were a stamp. I was drawn to them. This is a wonderful entry. I love how you made the page actually LOOK like it was under the sea. I love it and it's a great inspiration for your theme at Art Journal Journey.

CJ Kennedy said...

A real pretty page. Hot day today is the perfect day to be near the water. Or in AC like I am. Hope you’re feeling better soon. Stay cool

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely art, gorgeous colours.
I am sorry your hives are bad, hope they clear soon.

All the best Jan

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful summer page, love the pretty seahorse. Glad you are having fun with your new journal. Sorry about the hives, sounds nasty. Look after yourself! Lucky you being near to the ocean, that's something I miss. Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Oh! Sorry for being sore - but... YAY, can´t wait for more ocean-art, I miss the ocean soooo much! (where I shall be?)
Reckon that´s a sweet Daddy who got make-up('ed) by his kids? And the fishes celebrate THE LIFE with him?

Stevenson Q said...

This is beautiful and love the colors of it dearest Erika! I am so happy to be back here at your blog after a long time and actually blogging in general! It's been almost a month since I posted something i think? Love your new neon banner! Sending you hugs and prayers that your hives go away and your immunity be more stronger!

Mrs.B said...

A great sea sea theme page and that little seahorse looks so sweet surrounded by the glittery fish.
Hope you're feeling OK now - have a great week.
Avril xx

Divers and Sundry said...

You sound like you're located in the perfect spot :) I love the seahorse.

Jeanie said...

Tell me more about where you found the binder with the watercolor paper. That's a terrific idea. Can't wait to see what all you do with it!

Meggymay said...

The sea horse looks quite at home on this great sea world page. I wave one of those images in mind to use soon as well, just need the spare time. I am enjoying seeing all the inspiration you have for your theme this month.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx