Thursday, July 2, 2020

Mowing the Lawn


Hi everyone.
I'm back today with another page from my summer journal. I made this page for the When It's Hot challenge at Art Journal Journey

When it's hot it seems the grass (as well as the weeds) grow faster than fast, and that's the idea of my page today. The sky is a mope up and then I used paint and crayons to make the grass. The lawn mower, quote and butterflies are all stamped.

We've had a lot of  much needed rain so far this week, and if the sun reappears today like they say it is might, the grass will do it's happy dance and grow like crazy.  I think I will leave the mowing to my husband though. Smile. But of course there is still some more rain forecasted on the horizon, so maybe it will be as long as the grass in my journal page by the time it gets mowed. Smile again.

I have to say I was a little upset when I put the bird feeders out yesterday as something has gotten into my veggie garden and eaten my zucchini, cucumber and kale plants. Grumble and groan. 

And there's a new challenge at Tag Tuesday is Put a Sentiment on It. Here's a tag I have for that challenge.

It's got a romantic stye (a little different for me) but it wasn't made for Valentine's Day! I just happened to get the Tim Holtz Urban Elements stamp set  recently and thought the cupid would work with the rest of my tag.  I actually had the roses and the background finished before the cupid got added.



And thank you Valerie for reminding me it is the second of the month and time for  Second on the Second over at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog. 
 Here's a summer page from July of 2017.


I chose this page because it goes with my theme at Art Journal Journey  (When It's Hot), as it might give you some ideas for pages, but only if you are stuck thinking of any. 

Thanks for visiting. And I hope you enjoyed your visit at my blog.









22 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my gosh, your journal page is sooooo fun! I love how you did - my hubby would definitely give you a thumbs up on it. Brilliant. Your tag is pretty too. Lovely work!

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika, sorry your veggies got eaten, that's nasty. I have greedy caterpillars chewing my balcony plants! And yes, lawns and weeds grow very quickly. I love your journal page and especially love the tag, thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday. Great background, too! Have a fun day! Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page certainly captures what's happening around here. Rain every afternoon and evening for a week, sun in the morning, and things growing like a jungle. I'll leave the grass to the Lawn Guy. Your tag is so pretty. I really like the texture of the beads/buttons on the side. Enjoy your day

Karen said...

such colorful and fun art ~ I love the saying for the tag on love. I'm ready for an old fashion summer for sure, but it seems to be on hold this year. I'm going to have a family cookout soon and hope for good weather and good health for all attending. Enjoy your day!

Iris Flavia said...

Our cupid says hi to yours :-)

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning I am loving your art-especially your first one for the new theme-will check that out soon. Happy second on the 2nd wishes Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Erika, you have gone to town creating art and posting, too. I hope you know I'm singing that Law song that reminded me of the sentiment. Gotta LOVE those lawn mowers and the idea of a lawn that tall. Yes, mine looked like that last time, I fear. Thanks for an inspiring page using your theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

That's a great tag. I'm sure Valerie is pleased. The flowers are beautiful and that cupid seems to fit because of the color.

What a surprise I got when I checked out your Second Look. Not only does it go with your current theme, it went with my theme in 2017. How sweet. I also remember the beautiful Bridge of Flowers, too. Thanks so very much for this second look on the 2nd, dear friend.

Valerie-Jael said...

....And I like your 2nd on the 2nd piece, too! Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

These are all beautiful works again. I literally hear the journal page, the grass grows in the heat!
Greetings Elke

DVArtist said...

Wow truly wonderful art.

Michele said...

gorgeous, gorgeous tags (and a funny one too!) thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

craftytrog said...

That's a fun page Erika, a lovely tag and summer page too! A couple of our tomato plants have been eaten, luckily we have plenty more. Good luck with the lawn!
Alison xx

Neet said...

Oh dear, first of all I cannot stop singing that line from the song, trouble is I don't know any more so it is going over and over in my head - but I do enjoy it. What a truly inspired page it is - I would never have thought of that, pure magic!
Think I would leave the cutting to hubby now that it is growing like crazy and likely to keep on growing with the heat and rain. Just sorry about your veggie garden, have you got an idea who might have been around? Is there anything you can do to protect your other veggies? Hope so.
Great tag, Cupid fits in perfectly with the design on the right hand side and the pearls and roses and I like your new Hot page in your journal - great sunny colour and perfect figures for a day out in an old fashioned summer.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

An awesome fun page for your AJJ theme Erika, the lawn does seem to come out the winner after the rain, cut one day , then needs to shout hello its me again the next day.
Its a beautiful tag as well.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

Smart move to pass on the mowing -- better for your breathing, too! I can relate to that long grass. Love the yellow "second."

pearshapedcrafting said...

Thanks for the ear worm!! This is such a funny take on your theme! I wonder what greedy animal ate so much - or maybe it was more than one! I love your tag! Your second look would certainly have been perfect for your theme! Have a great weekend, Chrisx

Eileen Bergen said...

The first page is extremelty funny, Erika. I love it!

Sorry about your veggies. That's so disappointing.

Lovely tag. You've really been busy.

Hugs, Eileen

Gillena Cox said...

Beautiful tag and awesome sentiment. I am at #4 on the linky

much love...

Divers and Sundry said...

lol! Loved that piece at the top. I hate that you lost so much of your veggies. It's maddening to work so hard, and then see it just _gone_ :(

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful creation, beautiful tag.

pinky said...

What a treat this post is today Erika! Your tag and sentiment made me smile but what a shame about the veg!! Love all your art!!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Erika what a treat indeed to see three pieces of art, your first with your traffic jam of lawn mowers it's the rain that seems to make our grass grow, so frustrating when wet and unable to cut. Your tag is oh so romantic, lovely vintage touch but your last journal piece is where my heart is with memories of long summer days in my youth. Summer days are not like they used to be..
Sending creative wishes your way Tracey xx
P.S i'm thinking hard for the when it's hot challenge xx