Saturday, April 2, 2022

Coincidences

Hi everyone  Happy weekend.

Today is April 2, time for Second on the Second over at Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog. I've got a very busy day ahead (wedding shower, daughter will be home, she wants to go get some new glasses so a trip to Costco is on the agenda after the shower) so if I don't stop by your blog link up today I will get to it before the weekend is over.

This month Alison of Craftytrog's Arty Adventures is hosting at Art Journal Journey with the theme of Play It Again Sam. She wants us to pick a song or movie and make a journal page about it.

 For Second on the Second, I wanted to look back on a page relating to Alison's challenge, so here is a page I made about a song back in April of 2016. The link to the original post is here: Purple Rain

.

I don't want to be someone who brings on bad luck though, because a few days after I posted this page Prince (who wrote and sang this song) died. It was just a total coincidence, but my timing could leave people to think differently. 

A similar type of thing happened this past Sunday night, while the Oscars were on. My husband and I were watching King Richard on HBO, which stars Will Smith and is the film roll for which he won the Oscar. Then the next morning we heard how Will Smith slapped Chris Rock during the Oscar's. Just coincidence!

I have a new page for Alison's challenge Play It Again Sam challenge at Art Journal Journey. I'll feel better in a week when nothing bad happens to anyone associated with the song referenced in my next journal page.  Nothing is going to happen, but if it does, then I know that when the kids at school thought I had evil powers, I actually do.  Ha ha. Smile!

Here's my  page for this month's Play It Again Sam challenge. Can you guess the song?


Molly and Lloyd are both in the 9th grade (about 14-15 years old for those of you unfamiliar with US schools and  9th grade), and they have a crush on each other. Molly is shy and also rather introverted, and  Lloyd isn't 100% certain Molly likes him. He thinks so, but this is also his first big infatuation. He doesn't want to be hurt, so he is suddenly cautious about being around her. 

 Lloyd wants desperately to walk in the garden with Molly and her little dog Putter. While walking, he wants to hold her hand. And maybe even steal a kiss, you never know.

I'm sure you figured it out, but if you haven't, my song today is  the Beatles favorite, I Want to Hold Your Hand.

Here's my page once I added in the song title.


My page has  a watercolor marker and crayon used with 2 stencils background,  a couple of TH figures as well as some of what is referred to here in the US as German Victorian scrap image.

Hope the new month is starting off well for you.
And thanks for stopping by my blog.











15 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I like that black and white page with a touch of colour..very beautiful!

Mae Travels said...

I’ve been enjoying your recent posts with all the nice collage art. I like thinking of all those old songs.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I certainly hope that he gets to hold her hand. That's where it all starts, isn't it? Anyone familiar with the opera "La Bohème" will know that. Hugs, David

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful pages. Enjoy the beautiful, sunny day and have fun at the bridal shower

Divers and Sundry said...

I remember the day Prince died. Tragic :(

I'm still reading opinions and news stories about the latest in the Will Smith slap debacle. What an arrogant ass.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also remember that original post from Prince. His passing not long after you chose the song is so sad. However, it is still a great song and I am so glad you brought it back as your second look on the 2nd, Erika.


I would not have recognized the song in the new journal page until you told me, because I have never been a Beatles fan. Thuis is still a lovely page with a great way of tying it to music, too. Thanks so very much for sharing it using Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey. I may actually like the Beatles before the month is out, because they seem to be a favorite group.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the 2nd on the 2nd piece, I will be hearing purple rain in my head al day now! And the 'I want to hold your hand' piece is very sweet! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Oh. I watched the movie. In French. Just to be near the "man" (aged 18 when I was 14), cuddling up in Louviers, being a guest student.

Yes we saw Will Smith in action on the news. Right thing to do, though... maybe the guy did not know of Smith´s wife´s health issues... I suppose.

Oh, no matter which color those teen-years were a challenge!!
Bitter-sweet it will always be, you just woke up some memories (haha, I turned 50 this year, oooold! But.. I still remember!)

craftytrog said...

Both pages are wonderful with fabulous songs Erika! Thanks for linking them to my theme at AJJ.
Happy Sunday. Hope you got everything done yesterday.
Alison

carol l mckenna said...

Both collages are wonderful ~ the second is my favorite ~ unique and elegant with divine gentle colors ~ Xo

Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Meggymay said...

Fabulous pages Erika and I did guess the Beatles song another favourite of mine, great inspiration for Allison's theme.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

I think you're probably not the kiss of death for Prince. And we watched King Richard the night before too -- so who knows? Love the pages, both.

Vee Cassidy said...

A lovely page. Vee xx

Neet said...

What a fabulous page - I can just imagine that young man sat there looking at the girl with a sideways glance and thinking how much he wants to hold her hand. A fab age EDrika.
Hugs, Neet xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

OOOh, I love both pages and both songs, too! "Purple Rain" is perfectly depicted in your first page! And "I Want to Hold your Hand" is one of my favorite Beatles' songs. Your second page is absolutely wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing both with us!