Sunday, April 17, 2022

Happy Holidays

 Hi everyone. 

To those of you who celebrate Easter, I wish you a happy day. Also to those of you who celebrate Passover, I wish you a happy celebration also. 

This is a scheduled post as my husband (and that means myself in many ways) have MIL care duty this weekend. So far it's been going well. My MIL is happy to be in her own house, and I think the change of scenery is doing her a lot of good. 


Today I have this spring journal page to share with you. It started with some pink paper and pink paper tape that I ripped and collaged for the background, and then discovered it was too pink for the image so I added some white gesso to tone it down a bit.

The image is from the cover of a recent Vermont Country Store catalog that I received in the mail. After I tore off the cover of the catalog, I fussy cut around the image, and then I cut out the chicks which were located up on the top of the page.

I glued down the big bunny and garden image. I fussy cut the chicks  and added them to the bottom of my journal page. I then added a stamped image of the haremail postage stamp, which is a fun oldie in my stash. I also added a few foamy flowers around the stamp.

Finally I used some old letter stickers to reference my song. It's an oldie sung by Gene Autry who was an early to mid twentieth century cowboy actor and singer. It  just screams Easter. Here's some of the lyrics.
Here comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' down the bunny trail
Hippity hoppin', Easter's on its way
Bringin' every girl and boy
Baskets full of Easter joy
Things to make your Easter bright and gay
He's got jelly beans for Tommy
Colored eggs for sister Sue
There's an orchid for your mommy
And an Easter bonnet too
Oh, here comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' down the bunny trail
Hippity hoppity, happy Easter Day
Here comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' down the bunny trail
Hippity hoppin', Easter's on its way
Try to do the things you should
Maybe if you're extra good
He'll roll lots of Easter eggs your way
You'll wake up on Easter mornin'
And you'll know that he was there
When you find those chocolate bunnies
That he's hiding everywhere
Oh, here comes Peter Cottontail
Hoppin' down the bunny trail
Hippity hoppity, happy Easter Day
Hippity hoppity, happy Easter Day
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Jack Rollins / Steve Nelson

I can't say I put on Gene Autry as part of my regular listening music, so maybe my page doesn't work in the favorite song aspect for Alison's challenge (Play It Again Sam) at Art Journal Journey, but it's the only Easter song I can think of.   What the heck, I am calling it a link to AJJ
I am also linking up to River of Creativity. Their challenge is Anything Goes with an optional twist of Spring.
Have a wonderful Sunday and rest of your weekend. 





13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous journal page, and I love that song, I remember it well. Have wonderful weekend with your MIL, happy Easter to you all! Hugs, Valerie

Angie's Recipes said...

So bright, so beautiful! Happy Easter, Erika!

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet page. I love flipping through the Vermont Country Store catalog. Enjoy your day with your MIL and have a Happy Easter.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I love your Journal page-and I have always loved Gene Autry (and Roy Rogers too) so it's perfect for the theme and for Easter.
Enjoy your Sunday and thank you for sharing your comment-hugs Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Easter! I remember that song but never knew all the lyrics. Cool!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your Spring journal page.
Happy Easter Wishes.

All the best Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy belated Easter. Sorry this wish is late, but I was offline most of yesterday.

I love how you recycled the catalog cover. Very clever. I considered using that song, but went with my choice instead. Ironically, Scott and I were at a friend's last night and we watched Easter Parade on TCM. Back to your lovely post, though. It is really a very sweet page with those adorable bunnies. Thanks for this fun entry for Alison's theme at AJJ, dear friend.

Jeanie said...

Very pretty, Erika! And Happy Belated Easter! I hope it was a wonderful day for you!

brenda said...

An adorable Ester journal page, full of Spring colours, chicks and bunny, perfect for River of Creativity, many thanks for sharing.

B x

Zoechaos said...

Great recycling of the magazine cover and so worth saving. This is a wonderful warm spring page and your fussy cutting is soooooo good. Thank you for adding to the River of Creativity. xx

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The journal page was perfect for the Easter holiday, Erika, and hope that your family had a good one. Ours was quietly spent at home and included attending a local church service and watching the 1948 film, Easter Parade.

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous Spring page Erika, and thanks for linking it to my AJJ theme with that fun song!
Alison

Neet said...

I remember, as a child, having a crush on Gene Autry but i didn't recognise the song. However it fits in so well with your utterly gorgeous Easter page. What a lovely spread you have made with the bunny and those chicks. I loved it.
Hugs, Neet xx