Sunday, April 24, 2022

Superheros

 Hi everyone.  Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

I'm back with another journal page for Alison's Play It Again Sam challenge at Art Journal Journey.

Today my page is actually about movies rather than songs. I really enjoy a lot of the superhero movies put out by Marvel and DC comics.  They are good entertainment, some relaxing escapism, and I like how they follow the characters over time.  I first started watching them to have something to talk to the kids at school about, and then I found myself really liking them (some better than others).

I have this older stamp set by Brett Weldele from Stamper's Anonymous, and I thought Alison's challenge would be a good time to use it. 

My movie for this page would be the first Wonder Woman movie that also goes by that name. It came out in 2017 and stars Gal Gadot.  I really like how this film has a strong girl power theme. 

The second Wonder Woman movie didn't have quite as good a story line as the first film. Another good girl power superhero would be  the film Captain Marvel.  That film came out in 2019 and stars Brie Larson. There are a few other women superheros, but for the sake of brevity I will leave it with these 2.

I started my page by watercolor painting the background. Then I stamped several of these gauges.  I added a strip of quote paper on the left side of the page. After that I stamped, colored and fussy cut my superheros. Finally I stamped the quote and used a blue watercolor pencil to create the air movement that would be created behind a flying person at take off. 

That's my latest page as we start this last week of April. Where in the world did this month go to?

Have a great end of your weekend and start to the new week.

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, great fun and a good quote. I've never watched any of those films. but know that lot's of pedople like them, including my neighbour! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Wish I could fly indeed - to a nice Sunday, hugs.
Fun page.

Angie's Recipes said...

Never fear new heights...I love that.
You too have a wonderful weekend, Erika.

craftytrog said...

A fantastic page for my theme Erika! I'm a huge Marvel fan, as is my son.
Hope you're having a good Sunday.
Alison

Tom said...

...I don't fear new heights in a figural sense, but I fear in a physical sense.

DVArtist said...

Yeah, flying would be a wonderful thing.

Divers and Sundry said...

The superhero movies are great escapist fun, aren't they! :)

kathyinozarks said...

Very fun page Erika, Loving it

CJ Kennedy said...

I like how you captured the super heroines. Another movie to watch with a different kind of super hero: On The Basis of Sex about Ruth Bader Ginsberg. I hope you got your outs in over the weekend. Sounds like we're in for more Spring showers this week. Stay dry!

Shari Burke said...

Never fear new heights is a good thing to remember throughout our lives!

Happy Monday!

Jeanie said...

You captured the superhero look perfectly, Erika1

R's Rue said...

I love your page.

carol l mckenna said...

Great fun and very creative creation with the stamps ~ Xo


Wishing you love and laughter in your day,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

The Padre said...

Fantastic Animals Post - Well Done On The Captain Marvel Theme And Endless Options Here - And Yes, Most Righteous Weekend

Cheers

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very cool and great way to use those stamps! oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Somehow I never got into the Marvel comics, but I love how you made girl power important. Great theme for Alison's choice at Art Journal Journey, too.

Marjut said...

Fantastic page.

Meggymay said...

Not a film type that I watch but your page does look fantastic and good to see how you interpreted the film for A The AJJ theme.
Hope your week is going well.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

I don't think I know the Marvel films but I do remember Wonder Woman and Superman is a favourite of mine.
Love your page and the two figures are perfect. The gauges are ideal for the background and the title "Never reach new heights" is brill.
Hugs Neet xx