Thursday, April 14, 2022

Japan- A Fond Memory

 Hi everyone. 

This week's theme at Rains Art Date is a Fond Memory. I'm in travel bug mode right now. Since the last April trip I took was to Japan in 2018 with school,  I thought I'd share some fond memories from that adventure as well as some journal pages I made when I came home.


Some sketched in my journal memories, mostly from the Nichinan area where we started our trip.


Here's a few photos from Udo Shrine in Nichinan.





And then we're onto the famous Inari Shrine in Kyoto. You might have seen photos of this.







And here's the bamboo forest as well as the Golden Temple also in Kyoto.








And finally, we're on the bullet train to Tokyo (Mt. Fuji was actually clear that morning which they say doesn't happen very often) and a few snapshots of that big city.



Here's a photos of saki barrels from another shrine, this time in Tokyo. The  barrels were beautiful works of art.







In a book store.



And finally for today, the view from my hotel room at sunset.


OK, that's a fraction of my photos and journal pages but this is already a long post. I would love to go back to Japan. It was definitely culture shock, but the people were so helpful and kind. 

I'm not sure if putting this post together helped take care of my travel bug much either, but it was good to look back and relive a few fond memories as well as seeing some details from this adventure.

Thanks  for visiting. 








18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous photos and art, it must have been wonderful there! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I enjoyed seeing your Japan trip again-hugs

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a fabulous trip and nicely captured in your journal. Out of all the beautiful photos you showed, my favorite was the iris by the water. Very Zen.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am sure that your visit to Japan will be tattooed in your memory bank forever, Erika. I have made connecting flights twice at Narita and have always regretted that I didn't spend a couple of days (or more) in Japan. My entire experience of the country is confined to an airport. Hugs, David

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely memories shared

Happy Thursday

much💜love

DVArtist said...

Very nice memories.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I loved seeing these photos and journal art again, Erika. It's fun to relive those memories and it's fun to be an onlooker who can share and enjoy the trip vicariously. Thanks for bringing this rather consolidated look at your trip to us today.

BTW, you asked if you could skip the water and go directly to adding the mica powders to new paint. Obviously, it will have the same effect, even if the jar is nearly new. However, since it's recycle month, I had to start with something old that could be revamped. You are only limited by the fact it MUST be craft paint in a plastic jar. You can't "alter" tube paints, at least no way that I know or can think of.

Shari Burke said...

Loved seeing your pictures! Thanks for sharing them. How wonderful that Fuji-san was visible that day! :-)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Now Japan is a place I would really love to visit you share so many fond memories of your visit. Wonderful that you have journaled precious moments you had there. You had a great view from your hotel window. Fabulous share Erika.
Hugs Tracey xx

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa noite. Desejo um excelente Páscoa para você e sua família.

ALLIE NYC said...

Oh wow this looks like it was an amazing trip, you took a lot of GREAT photos!

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

Carola Bartz said...

This must have been such an interesting trip, and I love the art you made. You got a lot of inspiration. I like the saki barrels, I think these are my favorite. The Inari Shrine looks like a photographer's paradise.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

My Mother loved everything Asian for it's beauty and simplicity. I carry that same gene in me for sure because I so enjoyed your post. I have not been to Japan but it is on my "Bucket List" and might happen while in route to Thailand where I visit with my son's in-laws. Covid has put a halt to our travel plans, but I have hopes that it is, though not over, getting under control. I hope you get the opportunity to return as you clearly loved what you experienced.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely post, I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

All the best Jan

Let's Art Journal said...

Such fond memories, I so enjoyed reminiscing with you and loved seeing your visit to Japan again - perfect 😀. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

Fond memories. It's fascinating to see sights so different from anything I ever see here.

NatureFootstep said...

Wonderful Erika! I too has visited Japan. But my trip was very different from yours. I was up North to watch birds. :) But of course we took a trip to the Monkeys too. We visited them in snow. The beginning of February. :) The best view I had of Fuji was from an airplane going south from Tokyo. Our trip started south and ended up north. :) We did not stay in Tokyo, sleep between planes and the monkeys. :)

re the song. I added a link to Nancy Sinatras Boot song. If you want to listen. :)

Rain said...

Erika, what a wonderful post! I love the sake barrel art! How lovely, and Mount Fuji! Breathtaking! What a treat that you visited Japan! Thanks for sharing these memories!! ♥