Monday, April 18, 2022

It's a Beautiful Morning


Hi everyone. I hope everyone had a good weekend. I have another scheduled post for this today, but I will be back  with a non-scheduled post for T day. 

I wanted to share another song  inspired journal page for Alison's "Play It Again" challenge at Art Journal Journey. My choice today is "It's A Beautiful Morning".

This song  is an oldie by The Rascals, which came out in 1968.  This little lady looks like she has sunshine and flowers along with her white ducks to enjoy.

It's a beautiful morning, ah
I think I'll go outside for a while
And just smile
Just take in some clean fresh air, boy
No sense in staying inside
If the weather's fine and you've got the time
It's your chance to wake up and plan another brand new day
Either way
I think this bit of the lyrics explains it all.

The background is a collage of tissue paper as well as a bit of a dictionary page. Then I used some watercolor paints.  I added to strips of polka dot paper, some white metallic paper trim, as well as a drawn and fussy cut sun. I stamped the flowers and the ducks, added some sticker dots, stenciled the musical staffs, and then added the TH girl as well as some Art By Marlene insects.

I hope you like it and get a little new week inspiration from the song. And I hope you're having a beautiful day too.

I'm keeping this post short, so have a great start to your week.

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, love the colours and the sweet and beautiful design, and the song! It's a beautiful morning here, too! Hugs, valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Hi Erika: I am a great believer that the the simple act of waking up each morning means it's a great day! However, based on the weather here today you could be a little skeptical! It has cooled off considerably and precipitation is in the forecast. The big question is whether it will be in the form of snow or rain. Regardless, we went for a walk yesterday and the woodlands are really welcoming, with a whole host of spring ephemerals, with Bloodroot, Trout Lily, Hepatica, Lungwort, Wild Leeks and others carpeting the ground. Trilliums are coming up. It's a great time of the year and one bad day's weather is not going to spoil it. Take good care, big hugs, David.

CJ Kennedy said...

A very Spring page. That's a blast from the past and a sunny tune. Very chilly out this morning. Sunny now, but heavy rain later today. I hope you're not in the snow belt.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love this and the great way you decorated this page. I am a bit envious of that staff stencil. It is wonderful. So is your lovely page. It is perfect for Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Monday Erika, Your page is lovely I really like it allot, spring and lots of textures. hugs Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

I remember loving that song when it came out :)

DVArtist said...

Glad it is a good morning. Your page is just lovely. Have a wonderful day today.

NatureFootstep said...

hi, I liek the colros and layout in this one. But I don´t remember the music. Maybe it was not big in Sweden. :)

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa noite. Que sua semana continue cheia de bênçãos e vitórias. Cores maravilhosas e impressionantes.

nwilliams6 said...

Erika, this is fab! Love your background, happy colors, and super cool details. It all works together to totally support those words in that fun song. Great page. Hugz

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous page Erika! It's along time since I heard that song! It certainly is a beautif morning! Hugs,Chrisx
ps blogger won't let me comment on your T post -- all I can say is - Families huh!!!!

Jeanie said...

I love the songs you are picking and the interpretations. We have some music tastes in common!

craftytrog said...

Another wonderful song Erika, and your page is simply gorgeous. I love everything about it! Thanks for linking up with my AJJ theme again.
Hugs,
Alison

Neet said...

I am afraid i don't know the song but your lyrics match up to your journal page which i love.
Gorgeous summery colours and the addition of the lace trim at the top along with the flowers, the ducks and the little one all make for a lovely happy page. It brightened my day.
hugs, neet xx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page and song to start off any day especially in the warmer seasons of the year.
Yvonne xx