Friday, April 1, 2022

Play It Again Sam

Hi everyone. Happy new month.

It is now April, in fact April's Fool Day, but my post is not a joke. I'm here to thank Valerie for her great theme last month at Art Journal Journey as well as thanking everyone who joined us. And I also want to welcome our newest host and her challenge.

For April I want to welcome Alison, who you may know from her blog  Craftytrog's Arty Adventures

Alison's theme this month is

Play It Again Sam.

Alison asks us to make pages that relates to a movie or song that you might want to play again. I'm terrible at remembering most movies, so you'll probably see a lot of songs from me this month, and here's my first one, with a tiny play on words and spelling.


You might know the song Don't Stop Believin' from the band Journey.  It came out in 1981 on their Escape album, and (not to date myself or anything), this song brings me back to end of my undergrad college career. 

That girl is adorable, but she could fit the first few lines of the song too.

Just a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere

My inspiration for this page actually came from the tissue paper you see in my background. When I was cleaning out a pile of paper, I came across it and immediately that song popped into my head. I covered most of the page with it, and added some printed with music tissue paper just to let you know I am thinking about a song.

I also added some other bits and bobs, including tiny sunflowers along the fabric trim, because I am also still thinking of Ukraine. And of course, I had to take a bee twist on the song. 

This should be a fun challenge, and I am really excited to see what songs or movies people pick for their art journal  pages. 

Speaking of art journal pages, that is all we accept at Art Journal Journey. However, those journal pages might be digital, made in a journal or a loose page, made from cloth, might have any style of journaling, including photos. They also may be any size, but please, only submit your art journal page. Don't forget to  include the link up to our challenge also. Please be sure you have a translator also so we can read what you wrote.

I am also linking up to Gillena's Friday Lunch Break too. 

Have a great start to the new month. 




22 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful psge, and a great song, loved how you got the bee into it, too! I think we will all have fun with his challenge. Have a great day, Erika, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How ironic. Sally was playing that song the day we went to lunch. We both agreed we love it. When I hear it, I think of Glee. They used it several times in their tv show. This is a great first entry to Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey!

craftytrog said...

I love your page Erika, and that's a favourite song of mine too. Great how you used that play on words to get your bees involved too.
A wonderful start to my theme at AJJ :-)
Alison

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a lovely song and I love the beautiful and creative page too, Erika.

Jeanie said...

That gorgeous tissue and the title of the song remind me of Ukraine. Don't stop believing. It's a wonderful piece.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Erika, I think we are all going to enjoy Alison's new theme choice. The tissue looks beautiful and I love the details you added.
Yvonne. xx

Gillena Cox said...

May peace return to the Ukraine soon soon

Wishing you a good weekend. And nudgibg you to visit and link up to Art for Fun Friday

Much💜love

Divers and Sundry said...

I remember when that song came out :)

Iris Flavia said...

Great idea and page. Such a sweet face and those colors are so happy, too! Thank you for the smile, hugs :-)

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun page. I like how you incorporated the theme with your bees. The rain has stopped and the sun is out. Enjoy your day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sharon bought the stamps I used in the Singing entry on clearance at Hobby Lobby. You can see them here:

https://foxystamping.blogspot.com/2022/03/woyww-haul.html

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde. Parabéns pelo seu trabalho maravilhoso. Desejo um excelente mês de abril.

kathyinozarks said...

Great page Erika

carol l mckenna said...

Delightful collage art work and lovely song words too ~ Xo

Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Tom said...

...Don't Stop Believin' is a great tune and came out quite a bit after my college days. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Very cool collage. I love that color blue.Everything pops against it.

Mascha said...

Wow, what a beautiful site and idea!
I wasn't a Art Journal Journey for a few years...sigh!
Greetungs from a small town girl in the snow (we've got it yestersday)

sirkkis said...

A really beautifully created page. I don't know the song but it must be inspiring as you chose it.
We have cold here but sunny.
Happy weekend and inspiring April 🌷♥️🌻

NatureFootstep said...

a beautiful page. :)

Thanks for pointing out I did not really create a Journal for Elvis. You are right. I only had the theme in my head. I´m also new to Journals so am not quite sure how to create one. I´ll see if I can do it, if so, I´ll let you know.
Thanks for pointing it out. It´s good to learn new things. :)

Neet said...

I don't know the song but the lyrics you gave us certainly prove that the page you created fit with the song.
A delightful page, all summary and with such a pretty young girl.
Hugs, Neet xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Ahhhhh, one of my favorite songs! I just LOVE this Journey song and it's upbeat and positive lyrics. Your page is absolutely beautiful! So fresh and fun! I love your play on words!!! And thanks so much for hosting this fun challenge!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Meant to say taking part in this fun challenge, not hosting! Sorry!!!!!