Thursday, February 23, 2023

Drinks and Outside Time in Florida

 Hi everyone. Happy Thursday.

I'm back with a  new page from my trip journal that I recently made. I like to make travel journals, and this one is from when I went to Florida in January.   I also have a couple photos from the trip that go along with the journal to share today.

Since  Rain's Art and Dinner Date theme this week is drinks, let me share this tropical cocktail.


I can't even remember what it was called, but it was made with orange and pineapple juices and was delicious. 😀
I enjoyed mine even more because we could sit outside on the treehouse deck of the restaurant.


This is a great post for today since we're  getting  snow at home.  I'd have to bundle up to enjoy a drink outside today, but at least the ice in the drink wouldn't melt very fast. Smile
And here's the page in my travel journal about this drink too.


The little wooden hearts were the skewers that came in both my husband's and my drinks. The smiley fruit are some fun stickers from my stash, and I added the burger sticker because that's what we had to eat with our tropical cocktails.

And the other day I had some bananas to use up, so I made this new muffin recipe.


These muffins have bananas, peanut butter, chopped dried dates and a few chocolate chips I decided to toss in  because chocolate makes almost everything better. They're a yummy mid-morning snack. The recipe is in an old cookbook I have, but if anyone wants it let me know and I'll dig out the book and post how to make them.

That's all for me today.  I hope everyone is having a great week and has a nice weekend ahead also.













17 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We are getting ❄️ in Nashua today as well, Erika, but your snow totals may beat ours. Those muffins look delicious and who doesn’t like peanut butter and bananas with added chicolate😋

hels said...

Drinking straight vodka, whisky or rum, even on ice cubes, is harsh. Mixing spirits with fruit juices, as on your photo, looks gentle and healthy :)

DVArtist said...

This is a yummy post. That drink looks amazing. Ahhh and the muffins. I will have to try that one. P.S. We got 2" of snow last night.

Angie's Recipes said...

Still snowing there? Here we have 11C degrees!! Spring is right at the corner :-)) Those muffins look fabulous, Erika.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful drinks, and a fantastic journal page. I would love that recipe, it has all my fave ingredients in it! Keep warm and safe! Hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

Perfect page to commemorate what sounds like a delicious drink! And I love those little skewers!

kathyinozarks said...

Delicious looking post Erika, Your drinks in Florida sounds and looks perfect-so refreshing. and your muffins look really good.
Our area of the country has been enjoying 60's F weather and yesterday it rained all day. Today it is windy and only in the 30's with white caps on the lake-that always cracks me up to see those on a lake haha. but at least no snow or ice.
I love your travel journey Happy Thursday Kathy

Christine said...

Beautiful page and yummy cookies. Your fla cockrails look so good. I have to go shovel soon.

Gillena Cox said...

Wonderful drinks Erika.
Happy Thursday

Much💜love

Cathy Kennedy said...

Erika,

Do you have the Gravatar handle littlehippymom? If so, if so then I found you!!! When I was a kid I love orange pineapple juice. I haven't seen that in stores in forever! Your tropical cocktail is something that would appeal to me, maybe minus the alcohol if it has it. I'm not a fan of alcoholic drinks. The muffins sound good. I love bananas but DH is allergic to them so I don't usually buy them because they go bad too fast. I loved making banana bread for the kids when they were small, though. Yum! If you're Florida, I hope you have pretty weather. We have nice weather in the Tennessee Valley but it looks like the states up north aren't doing so well with Olive banging out the snow. Thankfully spring isn't that far away. :) Have a doodletastic day!

Lowcarb team member said...

The tropical cocktail drink looks very nice.

Enjoy the rest of Thursday ...

All the best Jan

carol l mckenna said...

Delish looking drink and yummy food ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Tom said...

...those muffins look fabulous! It sure doesn't look tropical outside me window this morning. Take care and enjoy your weekend.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It would have been hard, Erika, but had I been with you I would have forced myself to share one of those drinks with you. It would only be sociable after all. As it was I had a couple of concoctions in Cuba that would singe your socks and the best Pina Colada ever made. If there was a Pina Colada Hall of Fame it would be on a shield above the door. Rum down there, by the way, was less than $5.00 a bottle. And one does feel an obligation to fuel the local economy. Noblesse oblige and all that. Hugs and bottoms up - David

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I LOVED that you saved the bamboo skewers from your drinks in FL. I was thinking that I would have. You didn't disappoint. This was a fabulous journal entry. It was perfect. And it went so well with the actual drinks you had a that restaurant on the beach.

Your muffins look wonderful. Lots of fun goodies in them, too.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love making cocktails with mixed juices. Refreshing :) And those are pretty.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Your drinks look refreshing and would certainly satisfy a thirst if you had one ... which you probably did in the warm air of Florida. The drinks we had in Thailand were the same way ... something about fresh fruit that just suits the environment :) Love the looks of your muffins ... and the sound of the ingredients, including the chocolate chips. My kind of muffin :) Stay warm now that you are back in the cold weather ...

Andrea @ From the Sol