Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Some More Red

 Hi everyone. It's hard to believe in one week March will be starting. But on the other hand, it does feel like February has been here for quite a while. 😒

 I have so many more "red" pages to share for my Seeing Red challenge at Art Journal Journey I'll be posting lots of red in the next several days.

Today's page is made with a background that is from the past. I don't actually know when I made the background (that includes the mustache border and leaves going up the right side), but I found this in a pile of unfinished pages and figured it would be perfect to use for Seeing Red .


To complete this page I did a bit of stamping with black ink and added a couple of items from my stash.


Meet Sam. He's doing his usual  early  morning walk as Sunday arrives. This is when he comes home from the club. Sunrise is just starting, and the sky is red. The owls are still out on their hunt. Sam is the piano player in a jazz band, and the songs  from the Saturday night show are still running through his head.  As he walks he's keeping time to the beat also, sliding around the sidewalk, not because he drank too much (as he doesn't drink alcohol), but because he is still into the music.

 It's been an excellent art week for me and with another big snow coming in tonight, I think that means there will be a lot more art time on my agenda. Art and shoveling- Smile. I hope you have sunshine and spring like weather where you are.
Thanks for visiting.







13 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Aaaand... earworm (The Piano Man).
Great page!
I love the color red (and green) - hugs and to a happy day!

CJ Kennedy said...

Sam must have seen the red sky this morning. I hope your wish that the storm fizzles comes true 🤞🏼

DVArtist said...

I really love this. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing it. Have a great day today.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun and different journal page. You have come up with some very cklever red entries this month and I like this one a LOT. It's another wonderful entry using your theme at AJJ, dear. You put SO much into each of your entries and you did in this one, too. It shows a LOT.

We will be in the deep freeze tonight and snow is forecast. Yesterday I wore shorts and Monday I felt overdressed the entire day!

Barbara said...

Very cute Sam! I’m ready for red to go forward! What’s next, I wonder.

Christine said...

Lovely red page! DST starts march 12 clocks fwd!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Another fabulous Red page Erika really love that Celtic/Mandala background stamp with it's words such a unique image.
How lucky you are to have extra arty time, cosy time in your crafty space surrounded by snow sounds fabulous to me, hope it didn't come down too hard.
Hugs Tracey xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

a wonderful romantic and imaginative page! i love your creativity!!
Happy weekend, hug Elke

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Red does stand out, doesn't it. Great page, Erika. The red I have been mostly seeing of late has been the red on the Cuban flag. I filled my bird feeders yesterday and scanned for the red of a cardinal, but none were to be seen. Any day now the males should be singing. It's the best reminder of my birthday ever! Hugs - David

Jeanie said...

I don't know what has happened to January and February. Well, fine by me when winter months fly by!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well, I guess y'all are in the storm right now, hope it falls politely and causes no power to go out. I was almost shocked about LA getting snow. And here we are down here with a high of 80 for today. Your piano man story is interesting and a nice page for him to walk home in. Stay warm and don't shovel too hard! XOX

Neet said...

I like the music, the top hat and tails - everything about this page. How fortunate to have found all this red - maybe it was waiting for today to make its debut for your theme on AJJ. A great story to accompany too.
Hope you don't have too much snow shovelling to do, enjoy the time to make art.
Hugs, Neet xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I think about all the people wearing headphones and moving to the music only they can hear. Maybe we're less likely to think them mad now that technology has caught up with practice ;)