Monday, February 27, 2023

My Last Page for February

 Hi everyone. Happy new week to you. 

I know Valentine's Day was a couple of weeks ago, but here is my  belated Valentine for everyone and also my HUGE thank you of appreciation piece for all of you who joined my Seeing Red challenge at Art Journal Journey.




This is another old red background I had in my unfinished page pile, and I decided to finally use it. I added the orange homemade paper scrap across the bottom, used a white pen to add some contrast to the border,  stamped and fussy cut some flowers, added a red heart that was sitting on my worktable, and then stamped a quote.

OK, it's a cliche, but I do mean what this quote says.


 It's been lots of fun hosting this month and seeing how people used  various shades and tones of red. I have lots of new ideas for using this color now, and I'm actually liking red a little bit better than I did before. Thank you everyone for inspiring me. Now that spring is arriving (or is thinking of arriving) I am leaning more towards pink rather than red, and I am also ready to use more colors.   I didn't get sick of using red however, which is a big surprise for me. 

I hope those of you who joined the challenge also had some fun too. And maybe you even learned something new about using red. Wednesday a new fun challenge at Art Journal Journey will begin with a new host also. There's a bit of time to See Some Red though if you want to share any pages.  We're always happy when you join us.

Thanks once again for all your support. 


11 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Erika! I absolutely LOVE your beautiful valentine! And the "roses are red" quote is perfect here! I want you to know that I had a wonderful time participating in your challenge this month. It was so much fun. Thanks also for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments there! I really appreciate them and you! Thank you once again for hosting! Hugs, Sharon

R's Rue said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Angie's Recipes said...

Such a beautiful and warming page!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic, my very favourite! The challenge was fun! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Another stunning page. I enjoyed the red series. We had a burst of snow come through as an appeteaser. The sun is out now. Let's hope the main event fizzles.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the placement of the flowers. Red has been a fun challenge to watch unfold :)

kathyinozarks said...

good morning, this is really a pretty page

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I really loved seeing all your artwork over February Erika, I missed so much being away from blogland and even though I do not have as much time to craft or be online at the moment you have been so inspirational.
I loved your red theme, so many different variations and this piece is a very sweet page. Black on red together has always been a favourite of mine.
Thank you for being a great AJJ host and for your kindness in words, from across the pond it means a lot to me..
Wishing you a happy creative week Hugs Tracey xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

may be a cliche, but it is adorable. I love the flowers and the white dots you added for emphasis.

You have been a very welcoming and gracious host this month and we could not be more proud of you. Thanks for this final entry at Art Journal Journey using your red theme.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful.

NatureFootstep said...

a beautiful way to finish February :)