Sunday, February 19, 2023

More Pages from My Florida Travel Journal

 Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I hope you're having a lovely weekend. If you're here in the US, you might also be getting a long weekend for President's Day tomorrow. 

Today I have a few pages from my Florida travel journal that I've been making.  Today's pages are made with scraps of items I picked up on the trip as well as some other supplies that were in my stash. My theme today is the Kennedy Space Center.

Page one is about the grackles who wanted to share our french fries during  lunch. (I showed you photos and explained them in yesterday's post.) I didn't have a grackle stamp so I  substituted this starling one.


I used a stencil with grey acrylic paint on a watercolored background for this next page. I had purchased this Kennedy Space Center sticker, and the pink astronaut on the bottom was cut out of some collage fodder in my stash.



On the above page I used part of a small sheet of paper. I attached our entrance tickets, stamped a couple of things and added a few stash finds also.

On the page below I made a die cut background. I used stickers and a moon I cut out of a sheet of paper. The astronaut is from the label of a pick me up late afternoon chocolate bar the hubby and I shared.


On this next page there are more bits from my stash, pieces I cut out of a brochure and also the label on a second chocolate bar the hubby and I shared once we left the park.


And for my final page I added some bits from the trip as well as a die cut rocket and die cut hanging stars and a heart.


I'm linking this page up to Art Journal Journey because even though there isn't a lot of red, the red does stand out and is the first thing to catch my eye. This month you probably are aware that I am hosting and my challenge is Seeing Red.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.



12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabuous jurnal, you had fun! Hugs, Valerie

Angie's Recipes said...

These pages are fun! Apollo is my favourite.

Iris Flavia said...

Fun post, I need my space, too! :-)
We were in Bremen in... 2002 or such (time runs!) in the Space center, it was soooo interesting. And in Esperance, Western Australia, where they had parts of the Space Lap.
I really would love to visit yours and thank you for sharing, hugs!

Barbara said...

Fun pages and making them is a great way to remember!

ashok said...

Happy Sunday! Lovely post erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Every page just made me smile. I love the little Apollo astronaut. He reminds me of the opening titles to the television show "Lost in Space". Enjoy your weekend.

Christine said...

Lovely pages!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is such a lovely way to capture memories of your trip, hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wonderful memories for me and great recall for you as you work on this latest trip. I enjoyed the grackles which I failed to mention yesterday. You saved some great pieces and you used some fabulous die cuts. Just fabulous pages and perfect for your red theme at AJJ, too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention that I explained how I made the stamp in RED from red rubber left after cutting images (Stampin Up) to fit on wooden blocks.

DVArtist said...

This is just wonderful. I so enjoy coming to your blog. Thank you and have a very nice day.

Divers and Sundry said...

You have such a wonderful way of remembering trips.