Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Love Is In The Air

Hi everyone. Happy Tuesday to you. 

Thanks to everyone who joined us at Try It On Tuesday for our last challenge. Before I get to our new challenge, I want to wish a warm welcome to Pia who is joining our design team. We're glad to have you join us Pia!

As usual time is flying by, and it is already the day to start a new challenge.

Our new challenge is perfect for Valentine's Day which is coming up soon. This time we're thinking about love, and to quote a Beatles tune

All You Need Is Love


I started with this red polka dot background paper that I'd gelli printed over some time in the past. I then took the scrap paper that was left over from when I die cut some hearts to use as my centerpiece. 

I added a die cut piece of polka dot paper at the top of my page as well as some various red washi tapes. The solid red washi tape didn't want to stick very well, so  I stitched that one down. 


I outlined the heart negative spaces with paint pens and stamped the "love" word 3 times because that's the refrain at the beginning of the Beatles song. Then I added this magazine couple.I had to add some washi tape over their feet because I realized that the magazine photo had cut off the man's feet and that made him look very strange on my page. 

Our challenge at Try It On Tuesday runs for the next 2 weeks, and all kinds of LOVE related art is accepted. And for some other inspiration be sure to check out all the design teams art too.

I am also linking my journal page up over at Art Journal Journey where this month I am hosting and the challenge is all about red. Just remember we only accept art journaling at AJJ. No cards are accepted. 

I hope you're inspired to share some love inspired art with us at Try It On Tuesday. Thanks for visiting my blog.


 

16 comments:

Hels said...

When we go to supermarkets these days, they tend to play modern music... back to 2000 or so. So I was delighted yesterday when I heard them playing the Beatles' song, All You Need Is Love. Not only I was singing along loudly, remembering all the words. But so were all the other elderly shoppers singing :)

Angie's Recipes said...

A simple and very chic design!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, thank you, now I have an earworm!
Gurri and I sure are in love with your page!
So well done. And the "flags".... I have one sadly only in pink, but they are hearts.
Love the couple, too, oh, if we had more space I´d ask you if I may print this to hang on the red kitchen wall.
Would you allow that? Maybe you like to send me a version with your signature? I bet I can make space!
Hugs

Divers and Sundry said...

The perfect thing for February :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful, imaginative journal page, great from thema red!
Hug -Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a beautiful page Erika, great for your AJJ theme too! Hugs, Chrisx

Barbara said...

Lovely post for February and St. Valentine’s Day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! Loving the papers that you used with the washi tape and your Beatles reference 😊. Happy February! Hugs Jo x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous journal page Erika :-) I love that you used the Beatles song as your inspoiration! The whole design of this is fabulous!

luv
Lols x x x

Joan said...

Fab page Erika, love the happy couple in the corner


Joan

Meggymay said...

A fantastic romantic background for your page Erika, love is all around the happy couple.
I've enjoyed my catch up and all the photos you've added recently look great.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

That's a super page Erika, linking your theme to Valentine's Day which is not far away. Love how you used the cut out hearts in your journal and the couple at the bottom right just compliment it perfectly.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You put SO much into this. I love what you did with the hearts and of course, the red element that is [erfect for your theme at AJJ. I was talking to Sharon today and she LOVES her gel plate. She can't understand why I don't like mine. I guess it's because my backgrounds don't turn out as well as yours.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well, this looks quite Beatle-ish to me, Bravo! Love all the red, xoxo

lichazul said...

Beautiful page👏👏👏💐 happy day

Mrs.B said...

Love the retro feel to this page and the added stitching to the washi tape looks good.
Avril xx