Monday, February 6, 2023

T stands for My Other New Mug

 Hi everyone. It is time for T again over at Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog.

Last week I showed you the mug I bought at the Kennedy Space Center which was one of the places my husband and I visited on our recent Florida trip. Another place we visited was the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg.

Even if you aren't into Salvadore Dali paintings, the architecture was amazing. 

Here's 3 inside views.





I love how in this last inside view the design from the stairs continues on to create Dali's curly mustache.


 This top photo is the front outside, and below is the back garden on the outside.


I loved this museum. This Dali museum (as there are a few dedicated to his work) contains mostly paintings. I learned a bit about his work from this wonderful docent who was wandering around the museum and who spent some time with me explaining some details. Once she did that I wanted to learn more. I didn't realize how much symbolic autobiography Dali put into many of his paintings.  

My husband does not like art museums, but he was a really good sport. This was actually our second Dali museum as several years ago we went to the one Dali designed and had built (and where he is buried) outside of Barcelona, Spain. In that one there was a lot more of Dali's dimensional art, and more of Dali's famous melting clocks. My husband does like these clocks, so he was happy to find this bench in the museum's back garden as there weren't many clocks in the actual museum paintings.


He had some fun posing for this photo. I think he's actually trying to tell me it's time to leave. Smile.

For T Day this week I will show you the other mug I bought on this trip. I hardly ever buy mugs, but this one  also caught my eye so this was a 2 mug trip.


I love the colors that feel very Dali-ish, and also I love the printed inside. I learned that this style of his art was from his Atomic Period, which was after  the Second World War into the 1950's. I guess you could say this mug's image is Dali's Atomic Clock.


And I'm drinking another hot cocoa and whipped cream. And  Elle (as you mentioned in your comment last week), I love your coaster so I use it frequently when I'm having a hot drink on the couch.


That's enough for me today, although I could go on about the Dali Museum a lot more. Have a happy T day and week ahead.




19 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous architecture, and I do like your mug.

Enjoy your week.

All the best Jan

kathyinozarks said...

Great post! Looks like an amazing museum, love this mug you chose too-I love my coaster from Elle too and it sits on the coffee table by the tv and my books waiting to be read.
If I remember right many years ago before retirement, we had a friend that had a few pieces of his pottery pieces and they were using them. Happy T hugs Kathy

Amila said...

I like the architecture of this museum building. It is amazing and you have captured the building perfectly to highlight its architectural features.
This mug is beautiful too. Great that you could find another new mug on the same trip!
Happy T day!

Romance Book Haven said...

I like your mug and what a fabulous place.

Angie's Recipes said...

The architecture of the museum is really great. Love your new mug with Dali's Atomic Clock design..very special!

Iris Flavia said...

Very cool building. Especially also the outside shots with the palms.
LOVE the pic of your Hubby!
In Perth I found a huge mural of Dali. Oh, but that was 2015, I think...
Great mug, inside-out. Ack. Time is running too fast for my liking.... (though, Spring, please arrive SOON!).
Hmmm... I would´ve enjoyed more of Dali...
Anyhows, happy T-Day and hugs

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in awe of your museum photos. The clock bench was not there when I was, at least not that I was aware. And I thought I toured the entire museum, inside and out, including the gift shop. What an incredible mug. Just stunning. I am glad you shared this and hope you will show more of the Dali Museum, too. Thanks for taking us with you and also sharing your mug with us for T this Tuesday, dear Erika.

So many of my memories are coming back as I relive my own trip to FL one summer.

Hels said...

I didn't like Dali as a person, but I think the Melting Clock concept was very clever - to identify its mastery over humans. Ironic really, because if a human is quietly sitting sipping tea from a cup of tea, the human has mastery over time.

Valerie-Jael said...

The museum looks great, wish I could have been there. And that mug is fantastic, love it. Nice pic from your hubby, too. Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

The Dali museum looks fabulous and I love how the spiral stairs looks like Dali's moustache. Your husband is so funny. Yeah, that's definitely a can we go home now pose. Your new mug is just awesome. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

I would love a trip to that museum! I'm glad you found such a cool mug. Happy T Tuesday

Empire of the Cat said...

I love museums so I would be right there with you. I really love the mug and that they made the extra effort to decorate the inside, that looks amazing and mind-bending at the same time. It would be interesting to drink from I think. Yes to chocolate smoothies, it's just that little boost that I need in the morning. About the Dutch House, I listened to it narrated by Tom Hanks, and it was an enjoyable experience just listening to him,but I kept waiting for "something" to happen. I need more plot usually. If they had murdered Andrea I might have given it four stars haha. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

jinxxxygirl said...

Erika your hubby is much like mine... and thankfully a good sport.. I LOVE Dali! I'm so glad you showed us around.. Both my husband and i admire his melting clocks.. Infact my daughter bought her Dad a melting clock one year for a Holiday... its just too cool.. What an awesome mug!!! I try not to buy many mugs anymore too.. I'm the only coffee drinker in the house.. why do i have so many mugs?? Truth be told i have about 4 that are my favorite and i keep on rotation.. the rest just sit there.. I do notice my favorite mugs have gotten larger over the years.. you? Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Kate Yetter said...

What a neat museum, Erika! I am not really a Dali fan but I LOVE your new mug. Glad you had fun and that your hubby was a good sport. That is love when they are willing to tag along with you.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Barbara said...

Loving your mug! Great post full of interesting museum info and photos. Hubby looks very relaxed!

Lisca said...

What an amazing museum! I am a Dalí fan, so I love everything Dalí. The building is fascinating. I looked it up and read about it and the Avant-Garden around it.
That mug is stunning! Especially with the intriguing interior. Yes, those clocks are such fun. My daughter-in-law in Italy has such a clock (a replica that actually tells the time) on her sideboard.
Thank you for sharing your photos.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Neet said...

I too love Dali Clocks and this bench is utterly fabulous in my eyes. I also have envy for the mug you bought - isn't it fun that it is decorated inside as well as out?
Hugs Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What an amazing museum. The mug you bought is fabulous and looks even better with your cocoa and cream in it. Belated Happy T Day, hugs, Chrisx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Seeing as you were so patient at the Space Center, hubby should remember that! I did giggle at his photo, tho. Love that mug, especially how you filled it. Museum looks cool too. I have no idea (and wish I did) where in NH exactly you live, but I always check New Durham's weather before commenting lately. Looks like you had a nice Friday, above freezing. XOX