Sunday, February 26, 2023

Mystery Man

 Hi everyone. Happy Sunday to you.

Since February ends on Tuesday, I am sharing another Seeing Red page today. This is for my challenge this month at Art Journal Journey.

I'm recycling another older journal page today. I managed to remove  the bits off of this  old page, except I couldn't  (nor wanted to) remove the big red painted heart and the "Je t'aime" written quote I had put in the heart. The Mystery Man words were added once I finished the page.



I thought it would be good to stitch around the heart so it would stand out more.  At the same time I stitched around the border. I also die cut this man. As I did on another page earlier this month, I used a white paint pen and colored him in because I wanted him to stand out more than he did in his original black. Since he has no features, he is still a bit of a mystery.

I also created the border along the bottom of the page.  I used some cut outs from a sheet of red ephemera I had in my stash. I cut the leaves off of  another old journal page that I was pulling apart, and I used some tiny red beads to add a bit of texture.  Then I wrote in the phrase mystery man to go with my written Je t'aime.


I wonder who this mystery man is, and who will receive his big heart. There's definitely a story (or several stories)  behind this page.

And how about a few more views from the Sunken Gardens in Florida.




I love how plants I grow at home in a pot inside my house can grow outside year round here in Florida.






That's all for me today. I hope you have a great rest of your weekend.


10 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

You even worked in a little red from the Sunken Gardens in Florida! Very clever. Hugs- David

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in awe of this latest entry for AJJ. I have not deconstructed any of my journal entries yet, but I sure like how you did yours. This turned out great and I like how you used recycled AND new pieces together. And of course, I LOVE your stitching. I take it your machine is capable of free motion stitching. Lucky you. Thanks for another great entry using your theme, dear.

Christine said...

Romantic page and beautiful garden photos.

CJ Kennedy said...

I just cleared the walk so I hope the big heart the mystery man brought is filled with chocolates. Lovely pictures of the garden. The one with the person wearing shorts and no coat brought tears to my eyes. 😺

hels said...

What is sunken about the gardens? They look delightful.

Divers and Sundry said...

The Mystery Man is speaking French, so I know the heart is not for me ;)

I'm enjoying my virtual walk on these sunny garden paths.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very nice art journal page! The man looks like Lincoln to me. Sunken Gardens is a cool place. We went there one year when our daughter was playing in a nearby fastpitch tournament. It's a drained shallow lake. Where I was born in Arkansas, close to the eastern Mississippi River border, the 1811 earthquake hit there and created sunken lands and drained one lake. Those have always fascinated me. XOX

ashok said...

Lovely page

Iris Flavia said...

Wow I absolutely LOVE this page!!!
I plan to take a few days off, somehow and maybe I can sew again before I forget how it´s done!
Come March the main stress should be over but I´ll miss RED. It motivates me so much!
And this mystery man... I hope I don´t dream about him, or do I?
Better than the weird stress dreams.

The gardens are wonderful, too, it´s frickin´ cold over here (for my liking too cold with -4C). To mystery and love, hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, beautiful heart, too! Hugs, Valerie