Sunday, February 12, 2023

Not Alice’s Red Queen

 Hi everyone. Happy weekend to you. I hope your  Saturday and Sunday are/will be / have been good days. And if you are an American  football watcher in places where it is shown, do you have any plans for the Superbowl tonight? Will you watch it? The hubby and I will be watching it, but we're not doing anything special other than watching.

As it's also getting close to Valentine's Day I thought I would use some hearts on a journal page. These hearts  are all die cut from some red cardstock and then embellished with a white paint pen and a black watercolor crayon.


The "Queen" has a secret admirer who sent her a single red rose. And he sent her some words of love also. The queen is cut out from an old collage sheet and her secret admirer is a die cut. I thought using the black printed paper was what I wanted, but the black was too definite for someone who is so mysterious.  I used a white paint pen to tone him down a bit and to make him more a mystery. 
 
During my latest reorganization I found where I put my ancient Technique Tuesday word stamps. I actually knew where I had put the notebook  I stored them in ( as the sheets come 3 hole punched), but they weren't easy to get to.  Now that I can grab them easily I might as well use them. That's where the red word came from. (Although as I continued working on my page, I'm not sure the red work was necessary.)

I also needed something to border my page with, and there was enough red on my page already, so I added some of this colorful yellow ric rac. It has just a bit of red in it to connect it to my page.

And let me finish today's post with a few more photos from Canaveral National Seashore in Florida. This stretch of national park is actually a barrier island with the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Indian River on the other side. It is part of the Inter-Coastal Waterway which you find along the southeastern part of the US where there are many other barrier islands.


In this first photo the Indian River is on your left and the Atlantic is on your right. You can clearly make out where the national park begins also. Just look for where the development stops.

And besides walking along the beach, we had a few nice other walks also. Luckily even though this part of the Indian River forms Mosquito Bay, there were not a lot of mosquitoes.






A little bit further down the bay, while still in the park, we saw lots of people kitesurfing. It's fun to watch them especially when they get some air. None of my photos are very close up though as these folks were too far out for  my zoom lens to get them really close.


And if you went across the road and parking lot and down onto the beach (which is on the Atlantic side), you might come across some sunbathers who go au natural. There is a stretch of the beach where nude sunbathing is allowed.


And here's a few palmetto and palm fronds for you to end my post.



Happy rest of your weekend.







19 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Beautiful pictures of the river and park in Florida. The news about American football in our sportnews all these days...not a fan though, prefer real football.

Iris Flavia said...

Love your page!
Oh, I feel a little dull with mine now... But what the heck, huh? I still learn!
Great pics, haha, that warning!
We have such a "beach" here at a lake and Ingo took me there twice. I was always "afraid" to meet a colleague and was in the water in no time!!! And really, once I met a female customer (I was working for VW).
Call me old-fashioned or a "Wessie"... Ingo´s Dad is from East Germany where this is common. Nah, not what I like.
To a happy, lovely weekend, hugs!

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely red, Valentine page. I really like the way the yellow rickrack with the red flowers pops. The kites almost look like giant birds. Nude beach? No thank you. Bad enough having to wear a bathing suit. Enjoy the day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, and yes, I would have guessedex that it was red even witout the words. The photos are lovely. Here women are allowed to swim topless in most swimming baths - equality - if the men can go topless, the women can, too. No comment! Hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

So richly detailed beautiful journal page with a nice story. I enjoy seeing it and imaging what's going on...
Thanks for sharing the interesting photos.
Happy Sunday and upcoming week ahead xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Let's all relocate to Florida!

craftytrog said...

Wonderful pages, and your page is beautiful Erika. I love your queen of hearts.
Alison

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful, beautiful journal page! This is a magnificent island great photos are the of it.
happy new week, hug Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous page Erika! I love the Queen admiring her rose. I love your photos. Hugs, Chrisx

lichazul said...

So amazing page💐☺️👏👏👏 congrats
Beautiful photos too
Happy day

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I would have been by sooner, but I had to watch the Superbowl. Your hearts are beautiful and I like all the extras details you included. I especially like that rick rack. Nice entry for your theme at AJJ, dear.

What a fun walk you shared with us at the cape. I've never seen a nudist sign at a FL beach, but have in CA. I adore the palmettos. Just beautiful and lush. Great photos, too.

Aimeslee Winans said...

I like the repeating word on your page, and the Queen looks quite appreciative of her rose. I enjoyed the photos, very interesting. Where I live is on an intercoastal waterway. We have a nationally recognized bird sanctuary on the Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail. I liked seeing a comparable area in Florida. No nude beaches here, though, ha! I ended up watching the game with Honey, the Eagles quarterback is from his hometown nearby. So he was rooting for them. I was just in it for the commercials, lol, and because Honey enjoyed having someone to watch it with. I'm hoping future games will be on President Day weekend so fans won't have to call in sick on Monday and won't compete with Valentine's Day weekend. I already don't like the car races on Mother's Day weekend, sheesh. Hope you have a good week ahead, xoxo

Mae Travels said...

Beautiful images of Florida! It’s really a lovely place. Seeing that beach always makes me think of what was destroyed all down the coast to Miami!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Beautiful photos. I especially like the one of the boardwalk. What is it about boardwalk pictures that make them so alluring?

Christine said...

Lovely Valentine page and enjoyed your Florida photos.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like the weather was very cooperative during your short FL trip, Erika. The walking paths and trails looked nice, but it seems there was not enough shade there. Good there were not mosquitoes.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely art, and I enjoyed your photographs.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

Fab journal page with all the romance and red (plus the mini story) and fab photos too.
I miss seeing the Super Bowl, used to always watch it as it fell at the same time as we were in California with friends. A great big family party, oodles of delicious food and company and a bit of betting on the winners and various things that happened. Not that I ever knew what I was betting on or winning.
Hugs, Neet xx