Saturday, December 30, 2023

Above Us Only Sky

 Hi everyone. I hope everyone is having a lovely holiday week. I like this week because the Christmas fuss is over but you can still enjoy the holiday.

We are just about done with 2023, which I think is both exciting and bittersweet.  I know for some of you 2023 has not been a great year, and you are just excited for the new one to begin.  I am excited to see what 2024 brings. I have some things on the agenda in the first few months, and I look forward to seeing what else the year has in store. But in other ways, I find the change of going from the blitz of lights, decorations and holiday good cheer to the quiet of January a bit of an adjustment.  Like many folks though, I am definitely ready for the quiet though. 😏

Today I want to share my final page for Wendy's Above Us Only Sky challenge at Art Journal Journey.

Thank you Wendy for hosting. I loved your sky challenge. I still have several ideas, but  I've run out of time. And I also want to thank everyone who joined in. There were so many different takes on the sky, and there were also so many beautiful pieces of art.


My last page's quote is my wish for everyone going into the new year. 

The background is made with some acrylic and watercolor paints. I die cut the stars, and then added the chipboard moon. I also stamped and colored in the little star near the quote,and the image of Saturn. The quote is also stamped. The little copper paper star was sitting on my work table and I figured I might as well add it. Finally, to emphasize the big grey stars, I used a Stabilo pencil and a wet paintbrush around their edges. 

You have through tomorrow to join Wendy for her challenge, and then it will be January which arrives with a new challenge. 

Happy end of 2023 to all you. And of course, have a great start to 2024 also.





16 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A lovely page to end the year. Let us all hope that 2024 will be memorable for all the right reasons, and perhaps some of the terrible conflicts around the world can come to an end. I wish for everyone peace, good health and a renewed appreciation of and commitment to nature. All the very best - David

Angie's Recipes said...

2023 feels like it's flying by...I guess I am just getting older and old..and old people feel time flies by..:-//
Beautiful sky page, Erika!

Tom said...

...this morning, our sky has a low ceiling. Happy New Year, Erika.

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the muted colors of this page Last day of damp and murk.

Christine said...

That's a lovely page Erika!

Jeanie said...

This is a lovely page! Happy End-of-Year and on to the next!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like your star/moon composition. It does have a peaceful air

*Vicki* said...

Wonderful page Erika! I love the crackle on the crescent moon and the various stars! There is a beautiful touch of shimmer with your background colors too! Your sky evokes the quiet winter months ahead for sure! I look forward to some quiet creating time ahead! Best wishes to you for a happy, healthy and fun year ahead my friend! Thanks for your wonderful inspiration this year!

Valerie-Jael said...

This is gorgeous, Erika, a lovely idea with the stars and the moon. I didn't manage to get much done for wendy this time, such a pity! Happy New Year to you and yours! Hugs, Valerie

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

That is a lovely final page and all the best for 2024

The Happy Whisk said...

I love Christmas, the lights thrill me. Though this year, I was done and ready to take everything down Christmas Day. That's how it is for me. I love, love, love it and think oh my gosh, I'm never gonna wanna take the Halloween or Christmas decorations down and then I wake up and that's it. I'm done. Ready to clean up.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh your collage art is awesome ~ truly wonderful ~ hugs,

Happy New Year to you ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Neet said...

Thank you for such a lovely page for your final attempt at Wendy's theme for AJJ. I love the idea of 'shot for the stars' taking us forward into the new year. That is a simply delightful moon.
May I take this opportunity to wish you all the very best for the coming year Erika. I have enjoyed your blog throughout 2023 and now look forward to 2024 and more of your artwork.
Hugs, Neet xx

sirkkis said...

I wish the stars are bringing you all the best for the New Year 2023 xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wonderful page, Erika, love how you used the black ink/paint and the pencil.
Have a pleasant end to 2023 and best wishes for a fruitful 2024, xoxo

Iris Flavia said...

I´m really behind - this is a beautiful page. My Dad sure would´ve loved it also.
I hope to take some Outback-night skies when we travel from Adelaide to Perth!
I am sorry I did not join.
I was just so tired. To a non-tired 2024!!! Hugs!