Sunday, December 17, 2023

Star Light...Star Bright

 Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I hope you are having a nice weekend. Mine hasn't been too wild or exciting but sometimes that is the best way to go.

Today I have a page for Wendy's Above Us Only Sky challenge at Art Journal Journey. Google added my photos backwards, so here's the close up and then there will be the photo of the whole page. 



I had a background I'd made a while back that had pink, gold, light blue and black  paints on it. I used some golden yellow water color paint over it, and then I inked it with a black ink pad, purposefully leaving some ink pad lines to create some texture.

The stars are a die cut on some copper and purple paper. I used matte medium to glue them down. Then I added the bright word and finally some gold mini ric-rac along the top and bottom.  Sometimes pages just don't need anything else added to them. 😏

I am also linking up to Gillena's Sunday Smiles.

Keeping this post short. Enjoy whatever is left to your weekend.

18 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Sometimes simple is the best. This looks lovely!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great new header. I bet the Christmas trees didn’t cost fifty bucks back then!

Tom said...

...I wish you a bright and Merry Christmas. ☃️ 🎄 ❄️ 🎅🏼

sirkkis said...

Stars are just in this season popular, and match the theme. You've made a nice topical banner as well.
We here are also losing the snow and it's raining for some days...
Some hope is gave that got it back for Christmas.
Wishing you joyful time before Christmas xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely page! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork, and I like your new blog header image. - Anne (Cornucopia)

kathyinozarks said...

Your page is beautiful-I really love it
Hugs Kathy

Gillena Cox said...

Luv your bright stars . Happy Sunday. Thanks for linking to SundaySmiles

Much♡love

Divers and Sundry said...

Calm here, as I prefer. We had our contata this morning with the combined congregations and that went well. We're watching Bayern playing, and they got a goal in the first minute of the game. That's the kind of excitement I like 🤣 The stars are perfect for this season.

MELODY JACOB said...


Indeed, sometimes simplicity speaks volumes, and your description captures the essence of a page that doesn't need anything else added. Your artistic approach adds a delightful flair to the visual experience. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and your creative endeavors!

Iris Flavia said...

So beautiful. Here it is and will be cloudy and rainy, so no stars (but my neighbor´s) in sight!
Thanks for yours, hugs!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Yes, simple is good. Bright and pretty stars and page, fits the theme well. Google does that to me sometmes, too. Hope your week goes well. Mine will be more hectic than usual, getting ready for Dear Daughter and Son In Love Friday. One more day to create, then I will have a few scheduled posts. Xfinity decided to upgrade us on Wednesday so internet will be down all day. Of all the thoughtless moves, who does that Christmas week to people? Just praying they know what they are doing and it only takes a day. Ugh. Oh well, we'll survive but it ticks me off. Hope you have a good week and Merry Christmas! XOX

CJ Kennedy said...

I love those stars

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your page and a great idea! Hugs, Valerie

WendyK said...

Lovely page Erika, thank you for your backup this month, hugs Wendy.

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice page and I like your new blog header picture.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

Love all of your stars in the sky, portrayed this time for Wendy's challenge. A good idea and I bet the copper looks really well in real life.
Hugs, Neet xx

Jeanie said...

LOVE this piece!