Saturday, December 2, 2023

Second on the Second

Hi everyone.Happy Saturday. For my post this weekend I am going to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for their  Second on the Second challenge.  All you need to do is link something from an earlier blog post.

I went back to December 2020 to find a few pieces that have to do with the sky. I picked this theme for today's second look because over at Art Journal Journey Wendy's December theme is Above Us Only Sky. It was also interesting to look back to December of 2020 when we were all still in pre-vaccine covid mode. (Thankfully, that's in the past, although as you know,  covid can still be serious for some people.)





 I also thought I'd share a new piece for Wendy's challenge at Art Journal Journey.


This is a simple page that uses mostly some stickers. I was excited to recently find these in a bin I cleaned out.  To make my page I used a dark blue ink pad. I randomly rubbed it around my page to give it a sky/cloud look. Then in the middle of the page I added the sticker of the girl with the moon and stars. After that I added those cool space stickers. I can't believe I had forgotten about those, and they've been sitting in a bin for almost 2 years. 

Finally I stamped the quote which is from Paper Artsy/Alison Bomber set.

Have a great rest of your weekend.











21 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm all into making spirits bright.

Anonymous said...

Lovely pieces Erika -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

These are truly beautiful. I really like the first one. Have a very nice day today.

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful. My favorite is the howling wolf. Stay dry

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I adore your second looks. I remember all of them. It was great to see them a second time. Thanks for bringing them back, dear Erika.

What a fabulous page for Wendy's theme at AJJ. I would never have known those were stickers. They fit in so well with the page. Thanks for sharing this new entry at AJJ.

Violetta said...

Very nice winter-pics. Happy December and all the best
Violetta

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to see your holiday pages, Erika, and I can imagine that working on these really gets you into the holiday spirit.

MELODY JACOB said...

These are pretty winter photos.

Feel free to check out my new post on the best Christmas movies on Netflix.

Thank you

WendyK said...

Fantastic set of work Erika, great skies as well. I really love the one with the white wolf. Hugs Wendy.

Iris Flavia said...

Now that you so wonderfully showed... I have no idea how "Dad" brought in the huge tree every Christmas!
He took the magic with him.
He would´ve loved all of your pages - I do this for him :-)
Have a happy rest-weekend, hugs (and thank you)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lovely to see these again- we were packing up lots of belongings at the end of 2019 - not knowing that Covid was going to stop anyone visiting the site come March 2020.
I love your journal page for Wendy's AJJ theme- the stickers make a great addition! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

These are all just charming, Erika.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic artwork!

I hope you don't get snow today. It will be all rain where I am in CT. (Is it Spring yet?)

Divers and Sundry said...

I especially like that top one and how you did the pine cones. Cool!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Pinecones are interesting. looks like there made out thin foam.
Coffee is on.

Mae Travels said...

Remembering 2020 is very difficult. I feel as if all those months just didn't really happen.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

sirkkis said...

A beautiful set of pages, Erika.
The soft 'Sky' is wonderful and the pages with 'Wolf 'as well is my favorite.
We have very cold here, but snow is white and beautiful.
Happy day to you xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh yes, I have that same PA/Bomber stamp set and that's such a good quote, fits your dreamy scene like a glove. Covid's not over for me, still in home isolation since 3-1-2020. I'm used to it now, lol. And so grateful dear daughter's fairy tale wedding was 2-1-2020, just in the nick of time! One day I'll be able to resume public life, but will I want to, not so sure as much. I've been resting for a few days and now catching up. Good week to you, xoxo

craftytrog said...

A really beautiful selection of art Erika!
Have a good week.
Alison

Luiz Gomes said...

Boa tarde de segunda-feira com muita paz e saúde, Erika.

Neet said...

These are lovely Erika, thanks for sharing again. Love the way you have done some of them with the blues predominantly - very dramatic.
Hugs, Neet xx