Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Up In The Blue Sky

 Hi everyone.  Happy Wednesday. I hope your week is going well. Yesterday I had a busy day, and I had to leave the house just after 7 AM. Today (happily) I don't have to rush out. I'm usually up early, but it's nice not to have to be on the road with all the work traffic.

Today I have a piece of art to share. Here's my latest page for Wendy's Above Us Only Sky theme at Art Journal Journey.


For this page I went with an abstract sky view. I used a textured blob shaped rubber stamp and some blue ink to create my sky. I cut the bird out of an old magazine page. The ticket is from something. I know that sounds vague but I have no idea where I got it. It's from the UK, and I haven't visited the UK since 2009, so I doubt it's something I brought back from a trip.  Wherever it came from, I  really like how it works on this page. (And if someone gifted it to me, thank you, and I'm so sorry I can't remember that you did.)

I also added a cut out  paper feather, a frame from my stash and as well as some thin washi tape. The black border at the top is a leftover piece from a piece I die cut for a different project, and I added those little foam circles to bring in some blue sky. Finally, I stamped some quotes from an old Hero Arts stamp set.

Not much else new this morning with me. Have a super day. 









15 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The swallow is dear to my heart. For six years we did serious research in conjunction with Environment Canada into Barn Swallows, including radio tagging birds in order to track their migration all the way into South America. In fact, just last week I received an invitation to do a presentation on our activity, from a local society of engineers, so I am looking forward to that. Better start to work on it though! All the best - David

Angie's Recipes said...

It's a lovely page, I really like the blue background.

Tom said...

...a blue sky is a welcomed sight these days here.

Jeanie said...

How do you have time! You must be so organized to pull from old things -- or find time to make new! I haven't even started making holiday cards yet!

Valerie-Jael said...

Just saying hello, hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Enchanting page; I love the paste up and words :)
Happy waiting for Christmas, my friend xx

DVArtist said...

I love your art today. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Christine said...

Lovely page! That's an early start to your morning!

The Happy Whisk said...

Having a morning when we don't have to rush out is a treat for sure. Love that.

WendyK said...

Another fabulous page for my theme Erika, thank you so much for your support. Hugs Wendy.

Divers and Sundry said...

We don't get swallows here. I like the motivational inspiration. :) I don't ever rush out lol In fact I don't get out much at all.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I haven't even started. But we all can soar.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful. - Anne (Cornucopia)

Neet said...

I love that abstract sky view. Would never have thought of something like that but it is so effective. The bird sits there so grand over the sky and I love the touch of the ticket and feather.
Hugs, Neet xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very nice abstract sky view. That blob stamp is pretty cool with the textured dots. I haven't driven in a few years, it wouldn't go well for me I fear. XOX